Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEARY BONES  (Read 29688 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE WEARY BONES
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »

MONEY & JOB & HOUSE REBUILDING VIBES FOR DR DANISE!!

VIBES THE CONTRACTOR IS AS GOOD AS HE SOUNDS!!

~~~DOUBLE DITTO ON THE VIBES FOR DR DANISE AND HER HOUSE!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2009, 04:12:13 PM »

DRs Cillaliz and Jane - RE: Frank Rich's Op-Ed piece...  I think your viewpoint all depends upon where, when and "how" you grew up.  -Just read some of the 370+ comments (so far).  And some of the comments/stories are quite moving.

Sadly(?), I do have to agree with Mr. Rich in regards to the whole racial make-up and dynamic of Washington, DC, itself.  Having grown up just outside the DC line, and worked many years in DC proper, the racial dynamic in DC is truly something unique, for better or worse.  And with all the new development going on right now in some formerly impoverished areas of the city, well... It will be interesting to see how the Nation's Capital will evolve during Obama's administration.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »

You have to remember that my house is only 600 square feet and he's putting 2 crews to work on it starting tomorrow morning.  One will do the outside and one will start on the inside.

Is any one of them named Ty Pennington?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »

The Steelers are playing football.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »

I hope if you really like that house that you get it, DR Ginny. 

Thanks, DR Danise.  We're really not ready to move, but looking can't hurt, can it?

Only if you fall in love & can't have it ;)

td

• td
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »

I just acquired a very interesting album, "David Merrick Presents Hits from His Broadway Hits" featuring Ann-Margret and John Gary.  Miss Ann-Margret interprets "Our Language of Love" from IRMA LA DOUCE, "As Long as He Needs Me" from OLIVER!, "Is It Really Me?" from 110 IN THE SHADE and "Love Makes the World Go 'Round" from CARNIVAL!; leading one to believe that at the time she could have played any one of those roles onstage.  Well, her Lili in CARNIVAL! would have been quite interesting to say the least.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »

Wow, was the sounds screwed up on the initial airing on HBO?

The Boss sure looked cold!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

td

• td
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »

DR DANISE needs these VIBES:  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Danise

« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2009, 04:21:50 PM »

I'm just looking forward to being warm and snug. 

It will also be nice to know that if I did have to sell, it will be sellable.  And not as a fixer upper. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

td

• td
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2009, 04:21:55 PM »

The Boss has a new cd.

Jane

« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2009, 04:22:01 PM »

DRs Cillaliz and Jane - RE: Frank Rich's Op-Ed piece...  I think your viewpoint all depends upon where, when and "how" you grew up.  -Just read some of the 370+ comments (so far).  And some of the comments/stories are quite moving.

Sadly(?), I do have to agree with Mr. Rich in regards to the whole racial make-up and dynamic of Washington, DC, itself.  Having grown up just outside the DC line, and worked many years in DC proper, the racial dynamic in DC is truly something unique, for better or worse.  And with all the new development going on right now in some formerly impoverished areas of the city, well... It will be interesting to see how the Nation's Capital will evolve during Obama's administration.

I got that, just sharing my viewpoint.  I remember reading everything I could on the brave families in the South who fought for the simple rights of all people, i.e. riding in the front of a bus, drinking from any fountain, using any bathroom & eating in any restaurant.  We have come a long way. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »

You have to remember that my house is only 600 square feet and he's putting 2 crews to work on it starting tomorrow morning.  One will do the outside and one will start on the inside.

Two crews, the answer to my question. :)  You have picked a good time to do this.  Normally keeping one crew on a job is difficult.
  Times are slow.  I think that's part of the reason he's willing to go the extra mile for me.  I guess in one way, I couldn't have picked a better time to get all this stuff done.

I'm just scared about what I'll do if I lose my job.  I don't want to lose my home.

Don't worry about that, Danise, I am sure you could find another job if you needed to find one.  Your bosses seem to think highly of you.

As for your contractor, just make sure you knows that if he does anything to screw you over; he will have about sixty people who will hunt him down to the ends of the earth!
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »

Hmmmm...it's messsed up on both HD and SD..
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »

Oh, and I remember reading about the racial problems in DC.  I was always very glad I did not live in the south.  I feared I would not be brave enough to speak up.

Frank Rich's piece on his viewpoint is very interesting.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2009, 04:26:56 PM »

I hope if you really like that house that you get it, DR Ginny. 

Thanks, DR Danise.  We're really not ready to move, but looking can't hurt, can it?

It can if you end up finding what you always wanted!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:29:44 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »

Well, I just checked and I'm not getting anything free on HBO.  Oh well.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »

Two crews, the answer to my question. :)  You have picked a good time to do this.  Normally keeping one crew on a job is difficult.
  Times are slow.  I think that's part of the reason he's willing to go the extra mile for me.  I guess in one way, I couldn't have picked a better time to get all this stuff done.

I'm just scared about what I'll do if I lose my job.  I don't want to lose my home.

Don't worry about that, Danise, I am sure you could find another job if you needed to find one.  Your bosses seem to think highly of you.

As for your contractor, just make sure you knows that if he does anything to screw you over; he will have about sixty people who will hunt him down to the ends of the earth!
  :)  Thank you, DR TCB.  I WILL let him know
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »

The Boss has a new cd.

And...

Bruce Springsteen's new disc gets NPR Web debut

NEW YORK (AP) — If you can't wait until the end of the month to hear Bruce Springsteen's new CD, just tune into NPR's music Web site just before midnight Monday.

NPR.org/music will exclusively broadcast "Working on a Dream" in its entirety on Martin Luther King Jr. Day at 11:59 p.m. EST. That's a week before the album's release: It makes its debut in stores Jan. 27.

Fans can also listen to the record on demand until its release.
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »

I just acquired a very interesting album, "David Merrick Presents Hits from His Broadway Hits" featuring Ann-Margret and John Gary.  Miss Ann-Margret interprets "Our Language of Love" from IRMA LA DOUCE, "As Long as He Needs Me" from OLIVER!, "Is It Really Me?" from 110 IN THE SHADE and "Love Makes the World Go 'Round" from CARNIVAL!; leading one to believe that at the time she could have played any one of those roles onstage.  Well, her Lili in CARNIVAL! would have been quite interesting to say the least.
I can see her as Lizzie in 110 in the Shade!!  LOL!
I like boat races.

George

« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2009, 04:34:05 PM »

Well, more laundry to attend to (I did five loads yesterday) and more....yup, you guessed it! More packing! 

A pleasant, relaxed Sunday to the rest of you.

I also have laundry to do.  I'm watching the inaugural concert on HBO and up in my bedroom, I'm recording four episodes of "House MD" from my DVR to my DVD burner to make a DVD for a friend.  Once the last episode is recorded, I can cut out all the commercials and burn the disc.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »

So... Apparently I - and many others - have "Gourmand Syndrome".
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »

;D  DR Jose.  I might have the same condition.  I have simply learned to control it over the years while you have not acquired the same skill yet. ;)

Jane

« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:54 PM »

DR Danise it will be very difficult to wait 2 weeks to hear how things are going.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

DR Ginny are you seriously looking or just looking to see what's out there  (at houses, that is)

I'm wondering the same thing.  You sort of left us dangling there ;)

Sorry, DRs Cillaliz and Jane and anyone else who's wondering.  Richard and I have been talking for a year or so about how nice it would be to have a one-story house with the laundry not in the basement.  We've been going to open houses once in a while, just to get an idea of what we like and what we don't.  Today, he was grossed out by the fact that, in the master suite, you had to go through the bathroom to get to the huge walk-in closet.  Seemed pretty impractical to me.  No wonder they haven't been able to sell that house since it was built on spec.

The day that Hurricane Ike hit (Sept. 13) we stopped at an open house on the way home from church and took a quick look at a house just after the power had gone off.  It was as close to perfection for me as we'll come (except for the location, but you can't have everything).  When we passed it today, with the sign still out front, I said that to Richard and he said, "I thought you didn't like it."  Think we might make an appointment to go have another look, with the lights on and our lines of communication open.

What street's it on?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »

My filmmaking partner Peter took his family to D.C. but I don't see them so far. :-)

td

• td
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »

I can see her as Lizzie in 110 in the Shade!!  LOL!

Speaking of Missy Ann-Margret, are any other DRs big fans of her work like me?
AFAIC, she's wonderful to watch even in such dreck as THE PLEASURE SEEKERS and KITTEN WITH A WHIP.

Edisaurus

« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2009, 04:41:07 PM »

And BUS RILEY'S BACK IN TOWN!

George

« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »

Well, I just checked and I'm not getting anything free on HBO.  Oh well.

I'm recording the Obama Inaugural Celebration.  If you want a DVD (even with the screwed up sound...and it's not really that bad), I can send you one. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »

It's fine here, maybe it's your provider or your set

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »

It's fine here, maybe it's your provider or your set

Although I'm just recording now, not watching, so maybe it's not as good as I think
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up