Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MY TREATISE  (Read 22374 times)

DAW

Re: MY TREATISE
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 07:58:40 AM »

***SELL-THAT-DARNED-PROPERTY-AS-SOON-AS-POSSIBLE VIBES***
for DR elmore3003!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 08:00:08 AM »

***VIBES OF ENDURANCE***
for DR TCB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it is good that you have something to keep you busy right at the moment, even if it does also make you tired!     :)

DAW

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »

Hoo and Ray for Skip on the Herringbone news....how fantastic!      :D

DAW

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 08:06:04 AM »

Off soon to see the broadcast of Orfeo from the Metropolitan Opera.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »

And the word of the day is: SALLOW!

The Homer Simpson Look-Alike Club only ALLOWS membership to men with SALLOW complexion and bad haircuts.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:52 AM »

TOD

Sal Mineo

der Brucer

Really?  You've never mentioned him before.

I admit to having the hots for both Dr. Benton Quest and Race Bannon.  I had a particularly animated childhood.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 08:16:58 AM »

Looks like Skip's show HERRINGBONE has been announced for La Jolla Playhouse this summer, in August/September.

http://www.theatermania.com/san-diego/news/01-2009/bd-wong-claudia-shear-terrence-mcnally-and-more-to_17230.html

That definately rates a CONGRATS!!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »

Heading down now to check the mail, get started on lunch, and then settle in with more adventures of David Vincent and in gang battling THE INVADERS.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 08:21:36 AM »

An old friend of mine was Tim Considine's regular "host" when Tim did Disneyland reunions, etc.  I knew that he would be chaperoning Tim around and I got an autographed picture of him personalized to my eldest sister who, like MattH, had a huge crush on him.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 08:22:14 AM »

Heading down now to check the mail, get started on lunch, and then settle in with more adventures of David Vincent and in gang battling THE INVADERS.

WBBL.

That's architect David Vincent.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 08:29:51 AM »

Workies.

This is an add-on day.  The brother of one of the cashiers died earlier this week (not my favorite reason for getting additional hours).

FJL

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2009, 08:53:51 AM »

Skip's away at a cooking class, Pates and Terrines (I think), but I know he'd say how much he appreciates the congrats.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »

TOD:

Local kiddie show host Pixanne (her actual name is Jane Norman)
Sally Field (during her GIDGET years)
Diana Rigg (as Emma Peel on THE AVENGERS)
Bridget Hanley (HERE COME THE BRIDES)
Kate Jackson (while playing Daphne on DARK SHADOWS)

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »

Looks like Skip's show HERRINGBONE has been announced for La Jolla Playhouse this summer, in August/September.

http://www.theatermania.com/san-diego/news/01-2009/bd-wong-claudia-shear-terrence-mcnally-and-more-to_17230.html

Congratulations!

Kerry

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »

TOD:  Kim Novak and Richard Chamberlain.  I was a precocious child.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »

for DR elmore3003!!!!!

I wouldn't mind some of those vibes, myself.  My mother's house is still unsold since her death.  Luckily some of my very own Macbeths (most lovingly referred to by me as "The Little Foxes,") have their own finacial issues, so there seems to be a more concerted effort to dispose of the place.  I wish they had  had that mindset when the market was better, but what can you do?  What can you do?   I'm taking (or doing my best, anyway) to take the high road (ye take the low road) and to not get enmeshed in their stupidity and greed.  Ah, the joys of a loving family!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:31:30 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »

Well, we're going to Oxford earlier than planned, because we have no running water.  There are half a dozen city trucks up in the next block and our neighbor said they told him it might be 24 hours before we're back online.  We've made a reservation in the Hampton Inn and will go to Cincinnati for church from there tomorrow - an unplanned vacation!

Hey, at least you have someplace to go.  We usually stay home & suffer.  Have fun.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »

DR Matt H I felt the same way about BURN NOTICE.  It sure is nice to have the show back.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2009, 09:30:20 AM »

SELL THE PROPERTY ASAP VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!!

Kerry

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2009, 09:32:20 AM »

I admit to having the hots for both Dr. Benton Quest and Race Bannon.  I had a particularly animated childhood.

Oh DITTO!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:21:45 PM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2009, 09:38:48 AM »

Since I just happened to read the following link on Facebook, I'm returning to childhood hangouts.

I was usually at Rancho Park.  Often my friends & I would ride our bikes to the Pickwood Theater or go bowling next door.

PICWOOD BOWL, was built and operated by Harry Lavine. For many years it catered to a number of Hollywood celebrities and was a popular hangout for local kids and teenagers, with a popular arcade section and Diner known for it’s tasty hot dogs and hamburgers, fries and soft drinks. The Picwood Bowl was also famous for it’s adult bowling leagues that took place nearly every night of the week. If you weren't in a league, just going there with a bunch of friends and bowling a few games was a great relief from the weekly grind of going to school. Who can forget the back lot entrance and long, narrow hallway that led to the bowling alleys? Or the chair and table cubicles that lined the alley from one end to the other where one could scarf down a snack in between games? Or the Pro shop where you could get a custom made bowling ball made to your specifications? One thing’s for sure, great times and great memories were had at the Picwood Bowl.

Right next door to Picwood Bowl was, THE PICWOOD MOVIE THEATRE, which was built around 1948 by S. Charles Lee. It was remodeled in 1966 when the side murals were covered by a lot of gold and yellow curtains. The theatre also had a large balcony. After the 1966 remodel, it was reseated with 950 seats. From the late-60's to the early 80's the Picwood was a very well-liked studio preview house. From the early-80's to 1985 when the Picwood Bowl and Movie Theatre were demolished, it ran more 70mm films than any theatre in Los Angeles. It was definitely was one of the best places to see a movie in L.A. It had a large screen, wide high-back rocking seats, a balcony and free parking. Now sitting on the site is the Westside Pavilion shopping mall. In the mid-70's, the Picwood played the movie "Earthquake" and later "Midway" and "Rollercoaster" in “Sensurround“. The last film to play the theatre was "Volunteers" with Tom Hanks and John Candy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2009, 09:49:43 AM »

for DR elmore3003!!!!!

I wouldn't mind some of those vibes, myself.  My mother's house is still unsold since her death.  Luckily some of my very own Macbeths (most lovingly referred to by me as "The Little Foxes,") have their own finacial issues, so there seems to be a more concerted effort to dispose of the place.  I wish they had  had that mindset when the market was better, but what can you do?  What can you do?   I'm taking (or doing my best, anyway) to take the high road (ye take the low road) and to not get enmeshed in their stupidity and greed.  Ah, the joys of a loving family!

We could have sold the damned property in 2007 if Randy hadn't been convinced we'd get a million dollars for it. The stupidest thing my dad ever did was to transfer that property into our names the week before he died. We could have got over $600,000 for it then and Macbeth and I both urged selling it on the grounds that $200,000+ sitting in a bank or investments might have done better than waiting for something that might not occur. Unfortunately, Randy wouldn't agree ad now we're holding a white elephant that won't move because of the recession. Of course, if I'd put that money in my Citibank IRA,it might be worth only $100,000 since my current IRA has lost half of its value since October. But I'm not bitter, fuckin A!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »

Apparently there is a mini-airline price war going on this weekend & travel must be completed by March 11th.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »

DR Matt H I felt the same way about BURN NOTICE.  It sure is nice to have the show back.

So, you enjoy watching half naked, hunky men getting the crap beat out of them  ;)

der Brucer

And Sharon Gless is the ultimate Jewish mother!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »

I forgot the premier this week so I have to catch it at 11 pm tonight.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »

So, you enjoy watching half naked, hunky men getting the crap beat out of them  ;)

der Brucer

And Sharon Gless is the ultimate Jewish mother!

I'm insulted, especially if that explains why I like her. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »

Wow, I slept late.  It's pouring rain out - maybe it will clear up later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »

Contrats to Skip and Herringbone!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »

I used to bowl at the Picwood Bowl and the Picwood, which features in the Kritzer books, was one of my faves - where I saw Midnight Lace and The Birds and many others.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2009, 09:59:59 AM »

This is terrible, I can't remember most of my crushes.  I'm sure there are more than these.

Peter Brown
Ricky Nelson

While not crushes I adored Danny Kaye & wanted to dance with Gene Kelly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up