Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WANDERLUST  (Read 25428 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WANDERLUST
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »

I don't believe Joshua is related to Mr. Schmidt.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2009, 10:03:17 AM »

With one post
And we're on page five
With one post
Now page five can thrive

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

With one post
Add it to the mix
With one post
And we'll see page six

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »

What am I, Norma Desmond all of a sudden?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »

I slept a little later than I was going to, so I may take the day off from jogging.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2009, 10:05:53 AM »

I'm awake.  Off to bring the DD to get groomed and handsome.  Still working on Anything Goes arrangements and that said, debating whether to upgrade to Encore 5. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2009, 10:09:12 AM »

Jennifer I have always had vision problems, needing reading glasses just made it worse.  I have problems tolerating progressive lenses, which I must wear to see.  Until I removed most of the reading portion from them they made me dizzy & nauseous.  Since I can read up close without glasses that is what I do most of the time.  So far separate reading glasses haven’t helped. 

As for the Ott Light, I have not purchased one.  Other book lights haven’t worked well or bother Keith, fortunately my flashlight is bright enough.  Reading at night not to disturb Keith is just somewhat uncomfortable & bothers my neck at times. 

I do miss holding a book with just regular distance glasses, not only for the comfort but for the speed.  I was an extremely fast reader.  On the bright side I can still see well enough to read. :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »

I currently have a temperature of 103, nausea, and - not to put too fine a point on it - stuff coming out of both ends.     :P

Needless to say, I did not make it in to work today.

~~~Feel Better and Get Well Soon Vibes for DR DAW!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »

Off to Philadelphia (weather allowing) soon for a very quick visit, but mainly to see MY NAME IS ASHER LEV at the Arden Theater

I didn't know there was a play, but then I don't know how I went so many years without reading the book.  I want a report please.

George

« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2009, 10:15:40 AM »

It is currently snowing here in Rehoboth Beach, DE.

Not heavily, but it is sticking, and our driveway is covered with white.

Since der B was talking about our heading to the markets later today, I suppose I'd better scrape all that white to the sides, or we'll never make it up the driveway.

It's snowing in Olympia, WA area, also!  How'd that happen??  I'm supposed to drive up to Seattle to see Memphis tonight at The 5th Avenue.  I hope the snow doesn't stick around for too long...or at least people aren't too crazy when they drive today. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2009, 10:20:59 AM »

Driving vibes for George,

and FEEL BETTER vibes for MBarnum!

George

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2009, 10:23:27 AM »

George, how often would you even need air conditioning in your part of the country?   Bryan did need to put it in his condo in Portland.

Not very often, at all.  The problem is that I have a three-story townhouse and I sleep at the very top.  In the summer, all the heat rises and there's no where for it to go.  I also have no doors, so there's nothing to stop it from going all the way to the top.  I have a skylight but no windows above the second floor that can open.  At one point a couple of years ago, it was 93°F up in my bedroom at night!  So, what I'd like to do is get a new skylight that can open to let out all the hot air and (hopefully) has a screen so that things can't fly or crawl in.

George

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »

I'm hoping to get one when I get my tax refund.  The condo complex is replacing all the roofs and mine is scheduled to be done this spring.  I can buy the skylight and flashing and the company that is installing the roofs will be able to install my skylight (for a charge, of course), but I'm hoping the installation will cost less than if I had them come at any other time, since they're going to be on the roof of my three-story condo anyway. :)

George

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »

And now, I must go to work.

Until later!

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2009, 10:32:08 AM »

I also have the crud today, but not as bad as DAW seems to have, thankfully...but enough in that I will spend the day curled up on the couch watching Bollywood movies.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »

and my first Bollywood film of the day will be FAULAD (1963) starring Dara Singh. I don't know why, but I think I am going to like this picture.

You can witness one of the more colorful scenes right here....if you dare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUR3RwnWGA
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:40:19 AM by MBarnum »

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2009, 10:42:52 AM »

Feel better vibes for DR MBarnum!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »

I just heard that John Updike has died.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »

* * * * *  Feel Better VIbes for DR MBarnum  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »

Boo!

She says hello, but she's busy at the moment

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »

I do have to say that I am sided with MBarnum on this issue.  The clip I posted is funny, but I think it has a basis in reality for a good portion of the elderly population in our country who are not tech-savvy in the least.  And aside from that, there's the way that the FCC bungled the converter box coupon distribution.  First they put out such emphasis on how consumers can save $40 with the coupons, then they don't print out enough and largely ignored the overrun on requests.  And the coupons themselves had a two month expiration date!  What was the purpose of that?

As far as the delay impeding any use of the newly available airwaves, the technology to take advantage of it is still in developmental stages.  A delay of four months is not going to effect any progress in that area at all.

And when the next deadline approaches the same people will say they didn't know anything about it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »

I am curious to know from the folks here -- is it difficult to install that converter box? Has anyone here done it? (It seems most folks here have cable or satellite.)

No, it's just like hooking up cable or an antenna, shouldn't be difficult to do at all

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2009, 11:13:01 AM »

All of the seniors in my senior choir are calling me, completely panicked, as there are actual flakes of snow on the ground, preventing them from singing today.  ;)

But do they have converter boxes? ;)

MBarnum, I think your compassion is admirable and I don't think it's misplaced, but this has been SOOOO advertised.  At least here you can't watch anything without being told about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2009, 11:14:42 AM »

All of the seniors in my senior choir are calling me, completely panicked, as there are actual flakes of snow on the ground, preventing them from singing today.  ;)

Ask them if they're ready for digital.

LOL DR Dan, you beat me to the punch

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »

Re THE CLOSER -

I wonder if Kyra knows how much she was upstaged by Kitty throughtout the closing minutes of tonight's opening scene?

der Brucer

;D  Kitty was soooo cute.

How on earth did I miss Kitty???

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »

Why am I still home for lunch???  Better get my butt back to work

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »

What am I, Norma Desmond all of a sudden?

Are you ready for your close-up?
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2009, 11:24:51 AM »

Did anyone answer my non-Ask BK question:

Is Joshua Schmidt related to Harvey?

As far as I am aware, the answer is No.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2009, 11:26:53 AM »

Feel better vibes for DR MBarnum!

Only God can make a tree.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up