Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?  (Read 35541 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2009, 12:34:03 PM »

HA!

It seems my "fame" is spreading:

@NewYorkology Enabler reminder: Free brownies from 3-8 at Bendels (712 Fifth Ave at 55th) http://tinyurl.com/dbkvbe

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:33 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:38 PM »

Oh.. Monkey doesn't seem to do well around other people.  He was actually a bit shy when we met one of the administrators from the Museum of Modern Art yesterday afternoon.

However, he was quite happy and excited when he found out that some of his "portraits" will be incorporated into MoMA's redesign of their website(!!). :) :) :)

Holy Cow and Wow!  Very cool news!  Congrats to a new star!

(Make sure he doesn't sign anything without you reading it first...)

Well... It's not really that big a deal.  Basically, MoMA is going to start incorporating some photos taken in and of the museum by various museum-goers into their new website.  MoMA is pulling photos from their official photo pool on Flickr - of which I am a member.  Monkey will not be alone in that respect.  However, I think he will be the only Monkey at MoMA.

In any case... It is very cool. And, needless to say, I'm a bit excited too. :)

Maybe AT&T will want Monkey (and you) to replace that commerical with the little girl and her dad (she puts the monkey in his briefcase not his suitcase as I reported before).

Get Monkey an agent!!

Miss Karen

« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »

Don't tell Monkey (cause he's too cute and endearing with those button eyes) but he's making me jealous -- I want to have a brownie and beverage and see the sites with the Enabler!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2009, 12:44:48 PM »

Brownies!!!

I liked blonde brownies.....but I have not had one in a long time....haven't even seen one.....with walnuts, of course.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2009, 12:46:11 PM »

Don't tell Monkey (cause he's too cute and endearing with those button eyes) but he's making me jealous -- I want to have a brownie and beverage and see the sites with the Enabler!

Awwww... ;)

*That's actually been one nice thing about my whole "Monkey business".  It's both enabled me and prompted me to go back and visit favorite places and see them from a different perspective.  Literally.  -As I'm kneeling down on the ground, or lying on my side in a gallery in order to take a picture. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »

DR MATTHEW I have the OCR for INNER CITY......  I haven't hooked up my turntable to my computer since the last crash, so I am not sure it still works.....but if you want a copy, I can try it later tonight.

I still owe DR ELMORE a Dorothy Provine/Joe Carr LP recording.

My problem is that I don't know how to add track breaks....so each side is ONE LONG track....but we shall see what we shall see!

JR, is there a pause button, either in the software or on the turntable which allows you to stop between tracks? That's how we make individual tracks when we transfer from LP to CD. Or you can just stop the software recording software at the end of each track and place the needle down on the next track when you're ready to begin again. OR, you can make one long track and usually you can see where the track breaks are and you can cut and paste saving each track as a separate mp3 or wave and then burning the entire collection onto a CD

Thanks DR BEN, I am investigating the software I use to see....I am sure there is a way to do it, I was being very lazy when I tried it......

When I convert LPs to MP3s, I always make one long track of each album side.  I've found that the various recording software that I've used couldn't be completely trusted to make the track breaks correctly.  I just make the one long track and then edit it into the smaller tracks.

One problem that I've yet to solve is how to keep the track encoding included on the tracks that I burn to CD.  I go to the trouble to load each track with all the info I can (song title, artist, recording title, etc) but once I burn the CD it's all gone--all that shows up when the CD is played is track 01, track 02, etc...  Anyone have any ideas on that?

I (we) have yet to solve that problem either. I don't know what to do about it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »

Awwww... ;)

*That's actually been one nice thing about my whole "Monkey business".  It's both enabled me and prompted me to go back and visit favorite places and see them from a different perspective.  Literally.  -As I'm kneeling down on the ground, or lying on my side in a gallery in order to take a picture. ;)

Hmmm...has Monkey been to Splash yet?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2009, 12:52:39 PM »

Oooh, Monkey doing Don't Cry for Me Argentina. I'd love to see that.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »

My recording of ALLEGRO just arrived. I need to make time to find the vocal score and listen to all of it.

Mine arrived, too.  I'll be able to listen right away being sans vocal score!  :)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »

DR Jose, it looks like you missed a chance to have Monkey meet Liza at her B&N signing tonight (wristbands are sold out already.)  But that could be your next assignment--Monkey Meets _______?

Oh.. Monkey doesn't seem to do well around other people.  He was actually a bit shy when we met one of the administrators from the Museum of Modern Art yesterday afternoon.

However, he was quite happy and excited when he found out that some of his "portraits" will be incorporated into MoMA's redesign of their website(!!). :) :) :)

Congratulations to Monkey & to his photographer. :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

I expect a full report on the listening of Allegro with or without the score.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18324.html

Isn't his 15 minutes long over? I can't believe the GOP is still showcasing this idiot!

It isn't the GOP that is showcasing the guy.  Some organization called the Conservative Working Group is doing the showcasing.  Only an idiot would confuse the CWG with the GOP.

The article says the CWG is an organization of conservative Capitol Hill staffers who gather to plot GOP strategy...close enough for me.  If the GOP is taking advice from Joe the Plumber, one can plainly see how irrelevant they've become and how they continue to not get it.  The future of the party does not lie with cretins like Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin.  To embrace them will only continue to marginalize the party.
The CWG is a faction within the GOP.  They do not represent the party as a whole.  Indeed, the only way the CWG is able to get any attention is by hawking a celebrity - if they didn't have JtP coming to their meeting (and you can bet they're paying him to come), no one outside their membership would even take note that a meeting was going on.

Further, that whole "plot GOP strategy" doesn't mean they're running the party.  It means they're plotting how they're going to try to run the party.  Not the same thing at all.

No one said they were running the party.  But the problem is the Party spends far too much time pandering to the fringe elements of their party rather than the moderate, mainstream voices that actually still know what the core principles of the Party are.  As long as they keep listening to the Palins, Plumbers, Limbaughs, one-issue, rigid religious whack-os, and anti-intellectual, uneducated rubes, they're going to get nowhere.
You do realize that the new Chairman of the GOP is Michael Steele, right? 

Joe the Plumber is a publicity stunt.  Steele is a highly educated moderate.  Steele trumps the lead pipe any day.

When Mr. Steele compares stem cell research to Nazi experiments, you wonder how moderate he is.  Also when he states the main problem with the Republicans is their marketing rather than their ideas, you wonder just how effective he'll be moving intransigent far right conservatives in the party toward the middle. 

Look, I wish the Republican Party would return to its core values of fiscal conservativism and less government intrusion into our daily lives; it would be nice to have a reasoned, legitimate choice again at election time...but until they abandon The Religious Right, the anti-intelligence faction; the anti-science faction; the knee-jerk patriots; the financially rapacious, those who want to impose their own narrow moral views upon us, and those who favour shredding our constitution and rolling back our civil liberties, I'll be voting anything but Republican.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »

Awww... Another piece of history is set to close:

Oscar Wilde Bookstore Will Close
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »

Clouds have moved into our skies, so we might very well get some rain in a little while. No snow, I don't think. Doesn't seem cold enough for that.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »

I watched last night's THE CLOSER while I ate lunch.

First off, I wasn't fooled for one second concerning the first big reveal. I knew the moment the door was opened what was going on. Now, later on, the diamond business was a bit of a surprise, but I thought it was a little convenient how they managed to catch the guy.

Don't misunderstand. It was a very entertaining episode, but not every surprise was as huge as I think each was meant to be.

Matt H.

« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2009, 01:28:43 PM »

Next I watched SIMON OF THE DESERT, a rather haunting and beautifully filmed tale of faith and temptation with Buñuel's legendary atheism at its core.

Matt H.

« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »

The bonus features were very interesting. There was a one hour documentary on his Mexican films with lots of excerpts from them (many of which I've never seen and hope to one day).

There was also an interview with Silvia Pinal about her participation in the movie (she plays Satan in various guises). Very interesting story about how the movie ended up being only 45 minutes.

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2009, 01:31:58 PM »

With less than an hour left of my afternoon, I watched an episode of HONEY WEST. An incredibly young Wayne Rogers was the primary guest star.

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »

And, of course, I skimmed through AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest to me and nothing in the previews.

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2009, 01:33:57 PM »

So, I will be able to watch last night's HEROES tonight at some point. I think I'll watch THE OTHER BOELYN GIRL from Starz-HD since I need to get that off the DVR, too. Then, I'll play catch-up with tonight's Hollywood round of IDOL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2009, 01:42:40 PM »

Hmmm...has Monkey been to Splash yet?

Oooh, Monkey doing Don't Cry for Me Argentina. I'd love to see that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to either "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" and/or "I Just Wanna Dance, I Just Wanna F*uckin' Dance". ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »

I have a pot of Chicken and Dumplings on the stove.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »

First off, I wasn't fooled for one second concerning the first big reveal. I knew the moment the door was opened what was going on.

Some of us have a more "practiced" eye in detecting such subterfuges. For the regular viewer the last thing to cross their mind might be the first to cross ours.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Laura

« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

I went to Lowe's and bought some gardening supplies. I try. I really try.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »

And speaking of blogging...

A favorite of DR Jane, Russ & Daughters which has been "Appetizing since 1914", has started their own in-house blog, LOX POPULI.

:)

*Be sure to scroll down to the "Boy Eats Herring and Becomes Funny, Active, Smart, and Intelligent, and Also It Makes Him Look More Like President Barack Obama" entry.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

First off, I wasn't fooled for one second concerning the first big reveal. I knew the moment the door was opened what was going on.

Some of us have a more "practiced" eye in detecting such subterfuges. For the regular viewer the last thing to cross their mind might be the first to cross ours.

der Brucer

That's possible. It's also possible that I've seen that twist used in quite a few other TV shows and films.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »

Time to jump off-line now and get some writing done.

WBBL.

DAW

« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »

Well, I didn't kill Teddy Bear, but I did sleep with him...

DAW

« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2009, 02:15:37 PM »

...so I guess that makes me a Person of Interest.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up