Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?  (Read 35514 times)

Tomovoz

Re: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2009, 02:27:31 PM »

Deja Vu  RD WAD. 

Well I do read the early morning posts!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »

My recording of ALLEGRO just arrived. I need to make time to find the vocal score and listen to all of it.

Mine arrived, too.  I'll be able to listen right away being sans vocal score!  :)

I just spend 90+ minutes listening to ALLEGRO. I liked much of it and I think it's very well cast.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:52 PM »

I watched last night's THE CLOSER while I ate lunch.

First off, I wasn't fooled for one second concerning the first big reveal. I knew the moment the door was opened what was going on.

Some of us have a more "practiced" eye in detecting such subterfuges. For the regular viewer the last thing to cross their mind might be the first to cross ours.

der Brucer

It was the first thing Keith said. ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2009, 02:32:31 PM »

My recording of ALLEGRO just arrived. I need to make time to find the vocal score and listen to all of it.

Mine arrived, too.  I'll be able to listen right away being sans vocal score!  :)

I just spend 90+ minutes listening to ALLEGRO. I liked much of it and I think it's very well cast.

My copy will be more andante I would guess.  Amazon orders often take three weeks to get here.  I must have a listen to the OBC today.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 02:34:21 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2009, 02:33:13 PM »

And speaking of blogging...

A favorite of DR Jane, Russ & Daughters which has been "Appetizing since 1914", has started their own in-house blog, LOX POPULI.

My first reaction, I WANT THEIR PLAIN MARBLED HALVAH!  After reading, I would like to try their bagels.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

My copy will be more andante I would guess.  Amazon orders often take three weeks to get here.  I must have a listen to the OBC today.

I should add that whatever caveats I had melted away when Patrick Wilson and the chorus blossom into the full-bodied arrangement of "You Are Never Away." The whole sequence developing that number is amazing and wonderful.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »

DR JMK - a long ago reference, but we had eight Rainbow Lorikeets feeding here today. That is not usual for them to be on the seed bowls.  We also had 13 King parrots earlier - new families!

As it happens I don't have my camera here.  I take a few things to my sister's house for the worst weeks of the bushfire season.  We've already had fires in the area - and some still burning.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »

HA!

It seems my "fame" is spreading:

@NewYorkology Enabler reminder: Free brownies from 3-8 at Bendels (712 Fifth Ave at 55th) http://tinyurl.com/dbkvbe

;D

I read this a couple of times before I stopped myself from remarking upon it.  I had read that as "Frame" vs. "fame"!  LOL!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2009, 02:44:04 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18324.html

Isn't his 15 minutes long over? I can't believe the GOP is still showcasing this idiot!

It isn't the GOP that is showcasing the guy.  Some organization called the Conservative Working Group is doing the showcasing.  Only an idiot would confuse the CWG with the GOP.

The article says the CWG is an organization of conservative Capitol Hill staffers who gather to plot GOP strategy...close enough for me.  If the GOP is taking advice from Joe the Plumber, one can plainly see how irrelevant they've become and how they continue to not get it.  The future of the party does not lie with cretins like Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin.  To embrace them will only continue to marginalize the party.
The CWG is a faction within the GOP.  They do not represent the party as a whole.  Indeed, the only way the CWG is able to get any attention is by hawking a celebrity - if they didn't have JtP coming to their meeting (and you can bet they're paying him to come), no one outside their membership would even take note that a meeting was going on.

Further, that whole "plot GOP strategy" doesn't mean they're running the party.  It means they're plotting how they're going to try to run the party.  Not the same thing at all.

No one said they were running the party.  But the problem is the Party spends far too much time pandering to the fringe elements of their party rather than the moderate, mainstream voices that actually still know what the core principles of the Party are.  As long as they keep listening to the Palins, Plumbers, Limbaughs, one-issue, rigid religious whack-os, and anti-intellectual, uneducated rubes, they're going to get nowhere.
You do realize that the new Chairman of the GOP is Michael Steele, right? 

Joe the Plumber is a publicity stunt.  Steele is a highly educated moderate.  Steele trumps the lead pipe any day.

When Mr. Steele compares stem cell research to Nazi experiments, you wonder how moderate he is.  Also when he states the main problem with the Republicans is their marketing rather than their ideas, you wonder just how effective he'll be moving intransigent far right conservatives in the party toward the middle. 

Yes...."this" kind of dogmatic quackery coming from a representative of the party that gave us the Third Reichian "Homeland Security Agency".   

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »

I'm now listening to the OBC of "Allegro".  It has been a long long time since I've played it.  I always prefered "Me & Juliet" and "Pipe Dreams" to "Allegro"
James Thurber 1957

DAW

« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »

Well I do read the early morning posts!

Yes.  Well, it had to be removed and re-posted due to technical difficulties.    :)

DAW

« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2009, 02:47:10 PM »

Congratulations to Cheeky "Moma" Monkey and his minder.    ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #282 on: February 03, 2009, 02:48:45 PM »

-As I'm kneeling down on the ground, or lying on my side in a gallery ......................in order to take a picture. ;)

Well, At least now you have an excuse, anyhow.

Miss Karen

« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »

...so I guess that makes me a Person of Interest.

Actually, the prime suspect --- so you'd better lawyer up -- Cilla! We've got one for ya!

Miss Karen

« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2009, 02:50:13 PM »

-As I'm kneeling down on the ground, or lying on my side in a gallery ......................in order to take a picture. ;)

Well, At least now you have an excuse, anyhow.

Made me laugh, Mikey!

Laura

« Reply #285 on: February 03, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »

Has the terrible heat lessened any, Tomovoz?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDISAURUS

And A special Song of the Day For You

ONCE IN LOVE WITH AMY

Always in Love with Amy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »

As it happens I don't have my camera here.  I take a few things to my sister's house for the worst weeks of the bushfire season.  We've already had fires in the area - and some still burning.

Can Moses be far behind?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »

DR MBarnum - Did I ever say I needed an excuse for that?
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »

I believe I am semi-channeling BK, as I am now officially addicted to Coke Zero.  (Yes, I know he's Diet Coke, hence the semi-).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »

I watched last night's THE CLOSER while I ate lunch.

First off, I wasn't fooled for one second concerning the first big reveal. I knew the moment the door was opened what was going on.

Some of us have a more "practiced" eye in detecting such subterfuges. For the regular viewer the last thing to cross their mind might be the first to cross ours.

der Brucer

It was the first thing Keith said. ;D

I'm having this vision....DR Jane is online at HHW.com and reads posts aloud to DH Keith.  DH Keith, on occasion, remarks to what has been said.  DR Jane, on occasion, passes along said remark. 

:D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #291 on: February 03, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »

If you call sitting by yourself in a cold, dark room exciting, that is....

Well, it has been the height of excitement for me in recent years.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #292 on: February 03, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »

...so I guess that makes me a Person of Interest.

Hmmmm....a POI, eh?

I guess that makes you POIsed.

If you were to sire a boy, he would be POIson!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

If you call sitting by yourself in a cold, dark room exciting, that is....

Well, it has been the height of excitement for me in recent years.

Do try to control yourself, TCB.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »

Good morning, all! The tax work is essentially finished so I'm back to Frank Loesser, Victor Herbert, Jerme Moross and Richard Rodgers, only I haven't decided which show to work on today!  Decisions, decisions . . .

TOD:  DINAH EAST

Ahhhh, the Mae West story!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »

Well, I didn't kill Teddy Bear, but I did sleep with him...

Awwwwww.... :)

*And how convenient that you're drooling away from the camera.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »

So, no one has mentioned that the long-awaited dvd of YENTL has arrived. . . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »

Can Moses be far behind?   ;D

Well he didn't just part the water here - it's disappeared totally.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »

Has the terrible heat lessened any, Tomovoz?

Much cooler this week thank you Dear Reader Laura.  (About 33 C today)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2009, 03:20:51 PM »

So, no one has mentioned that the long-awaited dvd of YENTL has arrived. . . . .

Well maybe that's because it has been available for about 4 years here.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up