Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE THROES OF THE THROES  (Read 25426 times)

DAW

Re: IN THE THROES OF THE THROES
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 06:11:45 AM »

iPod:  Sondheim -- THE STORY SO FAR

As Michael Riedel quips, "The Festival of Saint Stephen."      :)

Ben

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 06:12:07 AM »

Let us move to Page 2

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 06:12:32 AM »

Did someone drop a post?

Well, that took forever, DR Ben...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 06:24:31 AM »

Yes, it did.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 06:26:19 AM »

TODAY IN THEATRE HISTORY...

Forty years ago tonight, DEAR WORLD opened at the Mark Hellinger.

I just noticed that the show had 45 preview performances--wasn't that a rather long period for a show at that time?  I knew that there was trouble but I never realized it lasted that long a time.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 06:36:27 AM »

DR JRand, thanks for the recording of Inner City. But most of all, thanks so much for sending it electronically, album notes and cover art included!  I'll be checking it out later today. 

Needless to say, besides a few various podcasts, this will be what is playing on my computer today.

Ben

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 06:39:08 AM »

Yes, for that time it was a very long preview period. I have a friend who was a dancer in the show and he said it was a tumultous experience. It changed drastically from conception to opening.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 06:43:16 AM »

TOD:

CD:

What looks to be a quite a nifty CD all the way from Oz! Thanks Tommy!!!

DVD:

Week-End in Havana. Thanks Jack!!

I just have the bestest friends!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 06:57:53 AM »

TOD:

CD:

What looks to be a quite a nifty CD all the way from Oz! Thanks Tommy!!!

DVD:

Week-End in Havana. Thanks Jack!!

I just have the bestest friends!

We pity you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 07:19:02 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful but still very cold. Should warm up more today and will be in the 60s by Sunday!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 07:22:29 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

CBS - GHOST WHISPERER, FLASHPOINT, NUMB3RS
NBC - HOWIE DO IT, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, DATELINE
ABC - reality shows, 20/20
FOX - COPS, AMERICA'S MOST WANTED
SCI  - BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
USA - MONK, PSYCH

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 07:23:42 AM »

So, today I will be starting on FRIDAY THE 13th - THE SERIES, Season 2. Looking over the contents of the episodes, I don't recognize any of the stories. (I watched the show off and on during the years it ran in syndication.) So, it should be fun watching these.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 07:26:47 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - XANADU (OCR)

DVD - FRIDAY THE 13th - THE SERIES, Season 2
         MOONLIGHT, disc 1
         HOBSON'S CHOICE (Criterion)

DVR - Wednesday night's DAMAGES
         Thursday night's SUPERNATURAL
         Thursday night's BURN NOTICE
         Thursday night's THE OFFICE/30 ROCK
         Thursday night's SMALLVILLE
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:28:28 AM by Matt H. »

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, 07:27:57 AM »

DR MattH re: the Grey's/ Private Practice cross-over.

Even though they implied it would be last night IT WAS NOT.  I don't watch Grey's but ff and there was only one call. And on Private Practice there was the same call.

The real cross-over will apparently be NEXT week. And it looks like much of Grey's Anatomy will feature addison.  Since they will be in Seattle i'm not sure exactly how that will work. The promo sort of made it seem like the 2 hours might just continue the story.  But i sort of suspect that Grey's Anatomy will have its regular storyline and then the addison storyline. And then Private Practice will either just continue there and have them go home. Or else addison's scenes will just be in seattle.

I won't say that Private Practice is my favorite show. But it's been pretty decent this year. The cast is excellent.

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »

Yeah a new Ghost Whisperer tonight!

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 07:32:47 AM »

Well, I knew next week would be the major crossover between GREY'S/PRACTICE because it's featured on the cover of next week's TV GUIDE. I may HAVE to break down next week and record PRACTICE, but I'll decide then what I'm going to do. It might depend on how much of the story is left to tell.

I love all of the cast members of PRIVATE PRACTICE. They're all exceptionally talented and charismatic performers. But last season, with everyone so mopey about wanting love and needing love and the frustrations about that, it got old FAST. There weren't nearly enough patient story plots to suit me, and when everyone in a cast is jumping into bed with each other, there's nowhere to go unless you bring in more new staff for them to switch over to them. No thanks.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2009, 07:34:28 AM »

re: this week's LOST

SPOILERS

fdkjlfjasfoiudsfioudaofiufouiosda iuodfsoiudfsoiudfsoidfoiudfidfoiudfoidsfoidsfoidf soi
fajdfsaudfsao8udfsoiudfsoiudfsoiufljdsalkfoiudsfa uoidfsaouidfsodfsoidfsoidfsoioiufe
dfaioudfsaoiudfsoiudfskljdfskljdfkljdfskljdfslkjd flkjdfskjlfdkjlfdjklfdslkjdfsaljkdfslkjdfljk
dsaflkjdfskljdfslkjdfklfdsoioiuouioiufsdaouidfsoi udiuouii idsfoiudsaoiudfoiudfoiuouioiu
dsajkldsaflkjdsfjkldfsjkldfjkldfkjlfdkjldfjkldfsk ljkllkjdfam,m.,dfm,m.m,. ,m.,m.,m.m,.m,. ,
I didn't really notice that anybody discussed at length this week's episode. I was
so so happy to see jin back (although i had a feeling he was coming back so i
wasn't really shocked). But i am so so happy.  I will say that i loved seeing
young danielle. And while i could understand them perfectly when they were
speaking individually i really could not when they were all speaking at the same
time. I can't tell if we were supposed to. Or if the writers just figured that nobody
much would understand anyways. But they were all talking over each other!
I'm curious what will happen with the six. And how/if they will attempt to go back.
Interesting that it was ben who was trying to get kate to take the test. I would not
have thought it was him. And how interesting to make us think it was claire's mom.
dfaoiuoipudfsoiudsfoiudfsoiu  fd iououioiupfdsaoiufoiudfsoiufdsoiuoiudfoiuouioiuoi u
dasuoifdsoiupdfsoiudfsoiudfsioudfsoiufdaskjlfkjlk jkljlkjfkjaljklkjlkjlkjkjlkjlkjlkjlkjkjkjjk
askljdfskjldfskjldflkjdfjkldfjkldfkjlkjldsfakluuo iiuo9789870ew897re879er98798778]a789dfs897fds879fds879fd879dfs879df897fds879fds87 9dfs79fd77979887989787
asdfiudfsoiudfsuiodfdfsndnmdjffhdfjlkdfsajkldfsjk ldfslkjfdlkjkjllkjkjlkjlkjljklkjlkjlkjlkjk
end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 07:36:01 AM »

I'll likely choose BURN NOTICE to watch while I eat lunch today. Of the shows on the DVR, it's my favorite though THE OFFICE and SUPERNATURAL are right up there. With so many episodes of FRIDAY THE 13th to get through this weekend, I doubt I'll get much else watched today and tonight (except I will record GHOST WHISPERER and watch it around 10.)

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 07:37:56 AM »

Well, I knew next week would be the major crossover between GREY'S/PRACTICE because it's featured on the cover of next week's TV GUIDE. I may HAVE to break down next week and record PRACTICE, but I'll decide then what I'm going to do. It might depend on how much of the story is left to tell.

I love all of the cast members of PRIVATE PRACTICE. They're all exceptionally talented and charismatic performers. But last season, with everyone so mopey about wanting love and needing love and the frustrations about that, it got old FAST. There weren't nearly enough patient story plots to suit me, and when everyone in a cast is jumping into bed with each other, there's nowhere to go unless you bring in more new staff for them to switch over to them. No thanks.

I actually thought (because of the promos) that the only cross-over was this week.

I'd say record Private Practice and then do what you said and see how much of the story is left. Like i said the promos are sort of vague. But they make it seem like the 2 hours could be extremly connected (like the first hour might just continue). Although i can't see Private Practice focusing totally on addison. So we shall see. i'm gonna record Grey's next week and just ff thru the parts that don't feature addison.

If the purpose is to get Grey's viewers to watch Private Practice then i would think they would have to spend some time showing the Private Practice characters (other than addison). But it would be sort of weird for them to do that during the first Grey's hour. I guess we'll see next week.

It's funny we have the opposite problem (you watch the first show and i watch the second).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2009, 07:49:38 AM »

re: this week's LOST

SPOILERS

fdkjlfjasfoiudsfioudaofiufouiosda iuodfsoiudfsoiudfsoidfoiudfidfoiudfoidsfoidsfoidf soi
fajdfsaudfsao8udfsoiudfsoiudfsoiufljdsalkfoiudsfa uoidfsaouidfsodfsoidfsoidfsoioiufe
dfaioudfsaoiudfsoiudfskljdfskljdfkljdfskljdfslkjd flkjdfskjlfdkjlfdjklfdslkjdfsaljkdfslkjdfljk
dsaflkjdfskljdfslkjdfklfdsoioiuouioiufsdaouidfsoi udiuouii idsfoiudsaoiudfoiudfoiuouioiu
dsajkldsaflkjdsfjkldfsjkldfjkldfkjlfdkjldfjkldfsk ljkllkjdfam,m.,dfm,m.m,. ,m.,m.,m.m,.m,. ,
I didn't really notice that anybody discussed at length this week's episode. I was
so so happy to see jin back (although i had a feeling he was coming back so i
wasn't really shocked). But i am so so happy.  I will say that i loved seeing
young danielle. And while i could understand them perfectly when they were
speaking individually i really could not when they were all speaking at the same
time. I can't tell if we were supposed to. Or if the writers just figured that nobody
much would understand anyways. But they were all talking over each other!
I'm curious what will happen with the six. And how/if they will attempt to go back.
Interesting that it was ben who was trying to get kate to take the test. I would not
have thought it was him. And how interesting to make us think it was claire's mom.
dfaoiuoipudfsoiudsfoiudfsoiu  fd iououioiupfdsaoiufoiudfsoiufdsoiuoiudfoiuouioiuoi u
dasuoifdsoiupdfsoiudfsoiudfsioudfsoiufdaskjlfkjlk jkljlkjfkjaljklkjlkjlkjkjlkjlkjlkjlkjkjkjjk
askljdfskjldfskjldflkjdfjkldfjkldfkjlkjldsfakluuo iiuo9789870ew897re879er98798778]a789dfs897fds879fds879fd879dfs879df897fds879fds87 9dfs79fd77979887989787
asdfiudfsoiudfsuiodfdfsndnmdjffhdfjlkdfsajkldfsjk ldfslkjfdlkjkjllkjkjlkjlkjljklkjlkjlkjlkjk
end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers

More Spoilage

Xldkldkjfjklkj ;lkj Dkfj l;kj dfskljfkjaf;lkj ;laksdf;lkjadf;lk jad;lfkj ';lkjk;ljadf;lkj a;lkj asdf;lkj fdlkj;;l kjafdskl jasf;lkj ;lkja;lskfj ;lkj ;laksdjf ;lkj ;lkajsdf  The "test" was a ploy, DR Jennifer.  It's not so much about taking Aaron away from her (which he might)...it was about getting Kate to come to him...to make her desperate enough to agree to go back to the island.  Ben couldn't care less about taking Aaron aay from Kate, except that Aaron, too, must go back...and the ""ploy"" was Ben's way of letting Kate know he can take Aaron if she doesn't come back, as well.  That's my interpretation, at any rate. cjkcjkl;lkj ;lkaj ;lkjfkljljk sfdklj af;lkj adsfkj af;lkj ;lkjdsfklj;a; lkjfas;lk fja;biu poirjht;lakdgl'k ja;lksfj ;kj kj

End Spoilage
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:51:15 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DAW

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2009, 07:56:32 AM »

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 08:02:10 AM »

re: LOST

SPOILERS

fdaufiopdsuaiouiodfsauoifdsdmdfm,m,.dfsm,.dm,.dfm,fkljdkljlkjkjllkjkjlkljkljkjlkjlkjlklj
dfioufdiuoaoiudsfaoiudsndsfmn80d890908d80dsfa08df s980dfs980dfs98098df8099
djdsfiuodfsuiodsfioudfsoiudsfoiudsfiuodsfjkldfs,m.,m.,m.,m.,.mdfsm.,dsfjkldfskjlkljjkj
dasuiodfsaouipdsfouidsfouidfsjm,km.,mdfsa.,lkjdfsakjldfsjkldf87dfss789dfs789798
DR RonP, it did make sense what ben was doing. It's just for some reason it had not occured to me that the person client the lawyer was working for could be him. I don't know who i thought it was (maybe charles widmore or someone else).
auoidfsoiupdfsoiudfsoiudfsoiudfsoudfsoidsfoiudfsi oudfsuoidfsouuoioiuouiouiouioiu
asfuoidsfoiuoiuoiujdf798987dfsa987df978dfs798dfs9 78df987df879df98798798798
dadfsapouidfsuiodfsoiuodfiu dfsjkldfsjkldfs879dfs978df987897df897d89787978879
akjdfsjlkdfslkjdfslkjdsflkjdfslkjdfsuoidfsoiupoiu oiuoiuiuouoiiuoiuoiuoiuoiuoiuiuoiuoui
end of spoilers

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 08:09:27 AM »

RE: LOST

Well, remember that Ben has lost his daughter and may actually want Aaron as a replacement. Of course, Aaron must go back with the rest of the 6, but Ben is known for having MANY ulterior motives.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 08:09:55 AM »

I must head down now and get ready to go out on my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.

Laura

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 08:12:59 AM »

Good morning. That is all so far, except that I have no headache yet, so I cannot predict that it will rain tomorrow, as the weatherman predicts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It is still pouring rain outside.  No jog today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 08:25:50 AM »

DR MattH re: the Grey's/ Private Practice cross-over.

Even though they implied it would be last night IT WAS NOT.  I don't watch Grey's but ff and there was only one call. And on Private Practice there was the same call.

The real cross-over will apparently be NEXT week. And it looks like much of Grey's Anatomy will feature addison.  Since they will be in Seattle i'm not sure exactly how that will work. The promo sort of made it seem like the 2 hours might just continue the story.  But i sort of suspect that Grey's Anatomy will have its regular storyline and then the addison storyline. And then Private Practice will either just continue there and have them go home. Or else addison's scenes will just be in seattle.

I won't say that Private Practice is my favorite show. But it's been pretty decent this year. The cast is excellent.

SPOILER ALERT

weilrucfhnsrilfguhvtlhuhnrtl97sher9pm8xhetlcushdt ciluthgilmudthxe8rhm9e8uhnsilethx9peruhem9ruxhqri xuhaernluxhser8uhqrmxq
The previews show Addison hearing that Derek was going to propose to Meredith.  And when Meredith came home last night the whole bed was cleared off of rose petals except the one she found. (Which in Meredith's mind could easily go to Derek being with someone else, but that's just a guess)  I can see the vast majority of the episode being the romantic triangle while doing brain surgery. And it wasn't just Addison who went to Seattle Grace from Private Practice.   

BTW, there were no ghosts last night

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2009, 08:26:21 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Richard and I enjoyed hearing historian Catherine Allgor talk about our nation's 4th First Lady.  According to Dr. Allgor, "Dolley Madison was no cupcake!"

Late this afternoon, we're going to Dayton for

Miami Valley HomeWorld

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »

OK, time to go....wedding bells will ring, wedding bells will chime....

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 08:31:49 AM »

Media Check:

In honor of Kritzerland's Mystery Soundtrack Release™, I'm playing the previous Kritzerland Michel Colombier release, which I love.  But Michel has been a favorite of mine since I was a very young child and Wings was released.

I have finished up my reviewing duties with the BD of Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway (loved it), and am awaiting a new pile of review discs which will probably arrive today.  I am supposed to be reviewing Goodbye, Mr. Chips, but alas DVDTalk hasn't gotten it in yet.  I will be patient for a little while longer before I break down and buy it myself.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up