Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE THROES OF THE THROES  (Read 25604 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: IN THE THROES OF THE THROES
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 08:32:46 AM »

Do any of our NYC denizens know of any "vintage newspaper" emporiums I can contact so that JR and I can finally read the middle installment of Frances Farmer's life story, circa May 1958?  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 08:36:48 AM »

Wedding day wishes to Edith!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »

re: this week's LOST

SPOILERS

fdkjlfjasfoiudsfioudaofiufouiosda iuodfsoiudfsoiudfsoidfoiudfidfoiudfoidsfoidsfoidf soi
fajdfsaudfsao8udfsoiudfsoiudfsoiufljdsalkfoiudsfa uoidfsaouidfsodfsoidfsoidfsoioiufe
dfaioudfsaoiudfsoiudfskljdfskljdfkljdfskljdfslkjd flkjdfskjlfdkjlfdjklfdslkjdfsaljkdfslkjdfljk
dsaflkjdfskljdfslkjdfklfdsoioiuouioiufsdaouidfsoi udiuouii idsfoiudsaoiudfoiudfoiuouioiu
dsajkldsaflkjdsfjkldfsjkldfjkldfkjlfdkjldfjkldfsk ljkllkjdfam,m.,dfm,m.m,. ,m.,m.,m.m,.m,. ,
I didn't really notice that anybody discussed at length this week's episode. I was
so so happy to see jin back (although i had a feeling he was coming back so i
wasn't really shocked). But i am so so happy.  I will say that i loved seeing
young danielle. And while i could understand them perfectly when they were
speaking individually i really could not when they were all speaking at the same
time. I can't tell if we were supposed to. Or if the writers just figured that nobody
much would understand anyways. But they were all talking over each other!
I'm curious what will happen with the six. And how/if they will attempt to go back.
Interesting that it was ben who was trying to get kate to take the test. I would not
have thought it was him. And how interesting to make us think it was claire's mom.
dfaoiuoipudfsoiudsfoiudfsoiu  fd iououioiupfdsaoiufoiudfsoiufdsoiuoiudfoiuouioiuoi u
dasuoifdsoiupdfsoiudfsoiudfsioudfsoiufdaskjlfkjlk jkljlkjfkjaljklkjlkjlkjkjlkjlkjlkjlkjkjkjjk
askljdfskjldfskjldflkjdfjkldfjkldfkjlkjldsfakluuo iiuo9789870ew897re879er98798778]a789dfs897fds879fds879fd879dfs879df897fds879fds87 9dfs79fd77979887989787
asdfiudfsoiudfsuiodfdfsndnmdjffhdfjlkdfsajkldfsjk ldfslkjfdlkjkjllkjkjlkjlkjljklkjlkjlkjlkjk
end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers end of spoilers

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSS POILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSS POILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
I thought it was an alright episode--as much as we had some interesting occurances (Jin, Rousseau, the Other Others, etc.)  it sort of felt like there was a lot of padding.  I donno, maybe I just didn't liek that they were hopping from Island to off Island--there seemed to be a lack of focus for me on this episode.  But in any case, I still enjoyed watching it
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 08:39:50 AM »

WEDDING WISHES TO EDITH!!!!!!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »

We went to see the surgeon yesterday. He thinks they got it all. I have to go for a full body scan in about 3 months time for them to be sure. If anything "lights up" then, we will have to address whether I would need surgery or more chemo, but at the moment he is optomistic so hurray for that.

I don't mind telling you I am getting very discouraged about the healing process. I do not feel that I have made any progress at all. I have some hearing loss which I was told yesterday may not be reversable.

I have no voice and now I am being told it may be up to a month before I am able to speak.

The pain in my throat and the back of my tongue feel as if I have been gargling shards of glass, again they are telling me it can be a month before I see any changes.

I cannot lie down at all without being strangled by my own thick saliva. So I sleep in a chair.

I vomit at the drop of a hat.

I was hoping that once they stopped putting things in me that I would start to show some signs of improvement. Sorry to be whining but I am feeling a bit sorry for myself today. 

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »

RE: LOST

Well, remember that Ben has lost his daughter and may actually want Aaron as a replacement. Of course, Aaron must go back with the rest of the 6, but Ben is known for having MANY ulterior motives.

Oh, that's a good one--I hadn't thought of that.  I had seen the clip with the lawyers coming to Kate's house as a sneak peek on the internet a few weeks ago and sort of surmised that it was probably Ben trying to pry Kate out of her comfort zone.  But the idea that Ben wants to (or needs to) "adopt" another child as he did with Alex is an intriguing one.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 08:46:45 AM »

Happy Wedding Wishes for Edith!

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 08:47:31 AM »

~~~~~TRAVEL VIBES FOR ANT~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 08:48:55 AM »

vixmom, you can feel sorry for yourself.  We, of course, all send you continuing excellent vibes and xylophones for your continued full recovery, and we send them every day. 

DAW

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:59 AM »

DR vixmom - your disappointment and frustration are completely understandable, of course.

Just know that there's a lot of folk rooting for you and cheering you on!!!

DAW

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

So I hear that DR Ben is the next Bachelor...                 ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:28 AM »

Ditto what BK said, DR Vixmom.  Whine away all you want--it's actually precious and a privilege for us all to read.

I know you may not have a lot of your strength back yet and may tire out easily, but have you taken a crack at the Vixter's Wii, yet?  Maybe that might help work out some of your frustrations (and give you a few laughs, too.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »

{{{{{DR Vixmom}}}}}

Hang in there and know that we love you.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2009, 08:57:24 AM »

I'm off to do some shopping - bye for now!

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »

I just caught up to Tuesday - wonderful news from Tomovoz ) am so relieved and happy

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2009, 08:59:31 AM »

Laura - I just read about your sister. I, too, found the chemos progressively worsen each time.  I will keep her in my prayers and of course i must send

~~~~RAPID RECOVERY VIBES FOR LAURA"S SISTER~~~~~~~

cows

• moo
    • Cows Unite
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »

Mooooooooo!
Moo?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2009, 09:00:13 AM »

DR vixmom, you've just come out of the other side of hell and I'm surprised you're feeling as good as you do. I think it's great we still have you and I want you to be back to yourself ASAP. but I aso know it's going to take a while yet. I send love, devotion and my heart. I wish I could send instant results as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2009, 09:00:33 AM »

You may whine and rant all you need, Vixmom. You are justified. Next year this will all be a memory. Not a good memory, but a memory nonetheless.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »

I'm off for my walk. The laundry is finished, my apartment tidy, and the score proofread. I hope it isn't too cold out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2009, 09:03:47 AM »

vixmom, you can feel sorry for yourself.  We, of course, all send you continuing excellent vibes and xylophones for your continued full recovery, and we send them every day. 
DR vixmom - your disappointment and frustration are completely understandable, of course.

Just know that there's a lot of folk rooting for you and cheering you on!!!
Ditto what BK said, DR Vixmom.  Whine away all you want--it's actually precious and a privilege for us all to read.

I know you may not have a lot of your strength back yet and may tire out easily, but have you taken a crack at the Vixter's Wii, yet?  Maybe that might help work out some of your frustrations (and give you a few laughs, too.)
{{{{{DR Vixmom}}}}}

Hang in there and know that we love you.

Thank you all - I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have this site and you good people to come to for support -

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2009, 09:04:53 AM »

I will also remind that my pal David Wechter went through this hell, but he came out of it perfectly - over two years later and he's still coming up roses, health-wise.

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »

DR vixmom, you've just come out of the other side of hell and I'm surprised you're feeling as good as you do. I think it's great we still have you and I want you to be back to yourself ASAP. but I aso know it's going to take a while yet. I send love, devotion and my heart. I wish I could send instant results as well.

You may whine and rant all you need, Vixmom. You are justified. Next year this will all be a memory. Not a good memory, but a memory nonetheless.

thank you!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2009, 09:08:40 AM »

Vibes to Vixmom.

Evidently, the "Octuplet Mom" spent some of her $165K settlement (from a mental asylum fracas) getting really, really bad plastic surgery.  Oy.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »

I will also remind that my pal David Wechter went through this hell, but he came out of it perfectly - over two years later and he's still coming up roses, health-wise.

that is good to hear.   

DAW

« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »

a mental asylum fracas

That's the title of the next installment of my autobiography.

Laura

« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2009, 09:17:59 AM »

Vibes to Vixmom.

Evidently, the "Octuplet Mom" spent some of her $165K settlement (from a mental asylum fracas) getting really, really bad plastic surgery.  Oy.

Most plastic surgery on the face IS bad.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »

SPOILER

RE: LOST

Well, remember that Ben has lost his daughter and may actually want Aaron as a replacement. Of course, Aaron must go back with the rest of the 6, but Ben is known for having MANY ulterior motives.

Everything is possible.

SPOILER ENDAGE
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2009, 09:24:12 AM »

a mental asylum fracas

That's the title of the next installment of my autobiography.

Actually, DR DAW, you might reconsider this concept as a "series".....I'd hate for you to restrict yourself to just one kind of "fracas" in your life's story.

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2009, 09:26:41 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up