News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BALLS  (Read 25675 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: BALLS
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »

Sometimes I don't even get a regular receipt!

Congratulations on your increased bandwidth, DR JMK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »

Sometimes I don't even get a regular receipt!

Congratulations on your increased bandwidth, DR JMK.

Most of the visitors aren't staying too long, LOL--once they see there's actual reading to be done.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2009, 11:44:02 AM »

Seems like the "Sticky Buns" day in 2005 was before my time posting here, it was one of Cilla's first days here - but the TOD related to people's 21st birthdays.  Maybe someone is looking for people's experiences at 21???

There was a "Sticky Buns Day" in 2005?

Yikes.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »

Still it's kind of cool Dylan evidently must have read it.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2009, 11:59:16 AM »

DR Ben can you get a key so you can use the stairs?  I prefer stairs to elevators, and what happens if the elevators don't work?  What about people who can't ride them, doesn't this take away their personal rights ;)

Nope, even though the lobby attendant knows me he can't give me a key. Too many people would see me (there are lots of people waiting for the elevator in the lobby) and he would get in trouble. Also, it's locked from the inside. It's one of those slam doors which always open if you're going out but once it's locked it won't open from the other way.

I prefer taking the stairs but the decision is made and the Fire Department won't change. The Inspector feels that by allowing people to walk up and down the stairs you will impede access if there is an emergency (???). Mind you, you can still use the stairs internally meaning once you're on the 3rd floor you can walk down to the 2nd floor or up to the 4th (we have 3 floors), you just can't walk up from the lobby. Ah, bureaucracy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2009, 12:01:25 PM »

Just finished listening to the actual, honest-to-God official LIZA'S AT THE PALACE cd.  She's killin' them here and I mean that in a good way.  But what keeps it all from being a truly dynamic recording is the fact that it's in studio and not a live performance with an audience.  There's a lot of incredible excitement but it feels capped.  I can only surmise that the audiences at the Palace were a little too enthusiastic to allow a viable recording.

This cd has also whet my appetite for some Kay Thompson recordings.  Any recommendations?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »

I watched two more of the Warner Bros Romance Classics.  PALM SPRINGS WEEKEND is not so hot, although it's nice to see Ty Hardin and Robert Conrad and Troy Donahue....and it's funny when Conrad says to Connie Stevens:  "Aloha!".....just like in HAWAIIAN EYE!

SUSAN SLADE was the one I watched first last week, and I like it a lot.

Last night I watched PARRISH....long long movie that tells me all about growing tobacco....but Troy Donahue looks great....Claudette Colbert is wasted and Karl Malden and Dean Jagger both stomp and chew the scenery.

Connie Stevens and Sharon Hugueney are two of the gals....but it's the third gal who shines and steals the movie....Miss Diane McBain as the spoiled daughter of Dean Jagger....who drives a nifty '57 Thunderbird and wears the BEST clothes in the movie.  And she is stunningly beautiful - and photographed to great advantage....

I love Diane McBain....friend of DR DRUXY's.....and wish we could have CLAUDELLE INGLISH on DVD as well.....

DAW

« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »

There was a "Sticky Buns Day" in 2005?

Well, in a way, every day at HHW is a Sticky Buns Day, no?     :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »

Just finished listening to the actual, honest-to-God official LIZA'S AT THE PALACE cd.  She's killin' them here and I mean that in a good way.  But what keeps it all from being a truly dynamic recording is the fact that it's in studio and not a live performance with an audience.  There's a lot of incredible excitement but it feels capped.  I can only surmise that the audiences at the Palace were a little too enthusiastic to allow a viable recording.

This cd has also whet my appetite for some Kay Thompson recordings.  Any recommendations?

D-t-M, I saw you mention this before, but I guess I don't understand.  How can LIZA AT THE PALACE be a studio recording?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DAW

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »

I haven't heard anything but the official release.  However, I must say I was pleasantly surprised.  I think Liza sounds a lot better here than on some of her most recent television appearances.  She seems to know how to marshall her resources and to finesse what's left of her voice to maximum advantage.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »

DAW

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »

Is that a "come hither" stare, DR JRand58?      :D

DAW

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »

DR TCB - since DR DtM isn't here, I think what is meant is that the Liza album was not recorded live in the theatre during a performance with an audience.  She and her band and her boys went into a studio and laid down the tracks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »

Back from picking up tapes.  Boy, the soundtrack release has a LOT of tapes - what looks like an album master that was never released, session tapes, copies of the album master, unused cues - it will take a while to get through it all.  I wish I could do the transfers here, so I could hear this stuff, but I'll ship them up to the mastering guy today and let him do it all.

Ben

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »

I have a CD Kay Thompson The Golden Years 1934-1954. It's a compilation CD with archival recordings. It's fun to listen to from a historical perspective. The CD is very hard to find apparently. It's available at

Alibris

a used media site for a mere $200. Yikes! I got mine a few years ago at Academy for $9.99 (IIRC).

I enjoyed Liza at the Palace but I do think the Diva Worshipers were there in force for most performances and they do make it difficult to hear some things with their whistling and shrieking (Liza, We Love You; Hydrate Liza, etc., etc., etc.) I think the energy of the live performance would have been captured but it would have required a lot of extra work to try and make her heard above the noise of her (over)exuberant fans.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »

Back from picking up tapes.  Boy, the soundtrack release has a LOT of tapes - what looks like an album master that was never released, session tapes, copies of the album master, unused cues - it will take a while to get through it all.  I wish I could do the transfers here, so I could hear this stuff, but I'll ship them up to the mastering guy today and let him do it all.

This curious cat is dying.....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

It's all so exciting! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »

Is that a "come hither" stare, DR JRand58?      :D

The very definition of same, DR DAW....the very definition....

DRMBARNUM got me an autographed photo of both Diane and Troy from PARRISH several years ago....it is a treasure....depending of course upon what you treasure.

George

« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2009, 12:38:58 PM »

Darn, no WORST WEEK.  Thanks for the heads up.

I watched parts of a couple of episodes and I found absolutely nothing even remotely funny about what I watched.  I didn't think that it was bad per se and I certainly respect that you like it, but I didn't find it funny...at all.

Horseracing. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2009, 12:40:12 PM »

I hope DR tomovoz and Colin are doing fine, even our local news is covering the fires:
http://tinyurl.com/cwrtmq
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »

Al Pacino:
Angels In America
Dick Tracy

Robert DeNiro:
Meet the Parents
New York, New York

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2009, 12:51:26 PM »

I feel pretty good today.  I keep waking up in the night choking on my own fluids.  I do not know why this happens all night long (like every hour) while I have very little trouble when I doze during the day

I am trying to stay awak all day again - hopefully it will help.

Where are you when you doze during the day vs where your sleep at night?  Even slight differences in your sleeping position could have something to do with the night problems.

I hope this stops happening very soon, in fact by tonight.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »

Almost done with YENTL.  Sue me, but I like it, despite its faults.

No way.  I also like it.

We have not received a receipt with a recall list.  That is very nice, & smart, of Freddy's.  We don't have a Freddy's either.

td

• td
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »

TOD:

Pacino:
THE GODFATHER
DICK TRACY
DOG DAY AFTERNOON
SERPICO
THE RECRUIT
CRUISING

DeNiro:
THE GODFATHER, PART TWO
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
THE KING OF COMEDY
RAGING BULL
STARDUST
NEW YORK, NEW YORK

td

• td
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »

Not the TOD, but, I like YENTL, too.

td

• td
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »

Back to the TOD, I also like Pacino in ANGELS IN AMERICA.

Tomovoz

« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »

Thank you DRs  - we slept.!

The Major fires are still spreading - now further away from any major population centres but there are still many small hamlets under threat.  Wind changes can alter things so very quickly.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:03:05 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »

Morning news here saw another 40 deaths added to the mounting toll.  The deaths would have been fom Saturday's fires.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »

Thank you DRs  - we slept.!

The Major fires are still spreading - now further away from any major population centres but there are still many small hamlets under threat.  Wind changes can alter things so very quickly.

The kids and I send our good thoughts!

SAVE VIENNA!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up