Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES  (Read 34794 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES
« Reply #420 on: February 11, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »

We ALL love Elmore!

And yet, strangely, we all also love INTO THE WOODS.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2009, 08:47:30 PM »

I got neither an email or a PM either. 

Or is it neither?

You got neither nor!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #422 on: February 11, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #423 on: February 11, 2009, 08:48:27 PM »

So, who is that in the Guys and Dolls poster? That's not the guy who starred in Music Man a few years ago.

It's supposed to be he.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #424 on: February 11, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »

Doesn't look like he at all.

FJL

« Reply #425 on: February 11, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »

Hee-hee

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #426 on: February 11, 2009, 08:51:20 PM »

I got a PM (in case anyone is keeping score.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #427 on: February 11, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »

In any case, I like Mark, but I thought what he wrote was just foolish and therefore I saw no reason to post a URL here, as I tend not to want to promote those who feel the need to dis me, and why would I? 

Well, he must be a glutton for punishment - I got an invite!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #428 on: February 11, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »

We still hope for rain but then so often that means lighning strikes. 

Do you have problems with mud slides caused by rainfall in burned out areas, or is the terrain mostly flat?

der Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #429 on: February 11, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »

More sad news...my interviewee and former Our Gang member Shirley Jean Rickert passed away in a Saratoga Springs, NY nursing home on Friday after a long illness, She was 82.

After she left the Our Gang series she worked in the Mickey McGuire series in 1933 and 1934. After outgrowing juvenile roles she worked in films as a dancer, then later worked in burlesque as a stripper under the name Gilda and Her Crowning Glory. Later she worked as a travelling saleswoman selling industrial hardware.

She was on oxygen when I interviewed her, so I had a feeling she would not make it long enough to see her interview in print. I was right.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #430 on: February 11, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »

LOL-Bruce you got me curious to find the blog.  When I didn't easily do so I gave up, I'm not that curious.

Check your EMail :)

der Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #431 on: February 11, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »

I am trying to decide where to  stay on my Los Angeles trip...should I stay at The Hollywood Orchid off of Franklin in Hollywood or should I stay at The 777 Motor Inn in Studio City on Ventura.

Part of me wants to stay at the Sportsman's Lodge...but they only have internet access in the really expensive rooms  >:(

I've walked past The Hollywood Orchid a few times during my past visits to L.A.  It's always scared me.

Have you stayed there before?

Scared you?

It is a very nice clean place on a quite street off of Franklin, right behind Grauman's Chinese. I stayed there when I went down to see THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X. The room was huge and had a full kitchen...it was more like an apartment...and only $89.00 a night. An actor from BLOOD DIAMOND was staying there at the same time and we made our acquaintence.

MBarnum

« Reply #432 on: February 11, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »

PM'd.

MBarnum

« Reply #433 on: February 11, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »

Elmore is really a softy, he just hates it when people find out...so he has been trying to kill me ever since.

Oh, and I do have quite the thick skin.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #434 on: February 11, 2009, 10:09:35 PM »

So I must have a get together with Jose and Larry so I can hear the dish first (really second or third) hand. Not that I need a reason but I do have CDs to deliver to Mr. Moore so we perhaps will get together over this long President's Day weekend.

I walked into midtown to go to the theater since it was such a beautiful evening and I stopped by the Nederlander to see the ticket prices for Guys and Dolls. I judge the cheapest seats against the Playbill discount and the half-price booth (the show has not been on TDF at all even though it's on TKTS). The last two rows of the balcony are $51.50. There is something terribly wrong about that. Oh, well. I then checked out the cheap seats for Blithe Spirit. Granted it's the last couple of rows of the balcony in the Shubert but those tickets are only $36.50. The cheap seats for West Side Story are $46.50.

Yep, the ticket prices for Guys & Dolls are quite interesting in comparison to other shows, other theaters.  -Although, since they spent a ton of money refurbishing the Nederlander after Rent finished its run, that is supposedly the reason for the not-so-cheap seats.  And, if I'm remember correctly, the back row of the Nederlander is not as from the stage as some other back rows.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #435 on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »

I am trying to decide where to  stay on my Los Angeles trip...should I stay at The Hollywood Orchid off of Franklin in Hollywood or should I stay at The 777 Motor Inn in Studio City on Ventura.

Part of me wants to stay at the Sportsman's Lodge...but they only have internet access in the really expensive rooms  >:(

I've walked past The Hollywood Orchid a few times during my past visits to L.A.  It's always scared me.

Have you stayed there before?

Scared you?

It is a very nice clean place on a quite street off of Franklin, right behind Grauman's Chinese. I stayed there when I went down to see THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X. The room was huge and had a full kitchen...it was more like an apartment...and only $89.00 a night. An actor from BLOOD DIAMOND was staying there at the same time and we made our acquaintence.

Oh, I guess I'm thinking of a different hotel then.  Hmm...  In any case...

So those rumors about you and Leonardo di Caprio are true after all?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #436 on: February 11, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »

OK...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #437 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »

Goodnight, Jose, and also to the Guest who's reading, whomever that might be.

FJL

« Reply #438 on: February 11, 2009, 10:28:01 PM »

Or is it whoever?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #439 on: February 11, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »

I've been conforming the Nudie script all night.  Finished the new lyrics, which I'm happy with, and had to revise a couple of the newer scenes, which are now good, and one of which will make Pogue smile.  I've been putting together a group of actors for our REALLY informal reading next Wednesday - so far we have Matt Ashford for Harry, Cason for John, Jenna Romano for Susie, and I'm waiting to hear from other good folks.

FJL

« Reply #440 on: February 11, 2009, 11:12:58 PM »

Glad the nudie conforming is going well

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #441 on: February 11, 2009, 11:34:56 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #442 on: February 12, 2009, 12:25:31 AM »

I've been conforming the Nudie script all night.  Finished the new lyrics, which I'm happy with, and had to revise a couple of the newer scenes, which are now good, and one of which will make Pogue smile.  I've been putting together a group of actors for our REALLY informal reading next Wednesday - so far we have Matt Ashford for Harry, Cason for John, Jenna Romano for Susie, and I'm waiting to hear from other good folks.

Pretty cool!  I hope it goes well for you! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #443 on: February 12, 2009, 12:25:51 AM »

LOST continues on its winning way, another mesmerizing episode. Previews for next week looked quite wonderful, too.

Quite! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up