Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES  (Read 35133 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2009, 06:37:09 PM »

All that said, he's a good guy deep down. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2009, 06:37:34 PM »

GOOD VIBES TO DR JEANNE ON HER MEDICAL PROCEDURES.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »

Does DR Jose have another career in the bud?? I can't imagine anyone better qualified to photograph food. And then there's the Monkey at MOMA (and elsewhere).

That['s our Jose!! Soon you willbe the most known man in NYC in every field!!

I bet you could easily sell a book of your eating and walking tours of New York complete with Monkey pictures!  In fact in could be a whole series for different types of food  or different parts of the city

Tour the Theatre District with Jose and Monkey, SoHO, Harlem, etc

Well...

First of all... Thank You.

Secondly...  I've had some people inquire if I was planning on putting together a Blurb Book, and after checking out what a Blurb Book is, well it's a possibility.  However, there is another possibility or two out there too.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2009, 06:38:36 PM »

Ah, the GUEST who was viewing this thread has left the room.  You tell me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »

Beautiful photograph of the vixter and Jose.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #365 on: February 11, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »

Well, I'm off.  Tonight (in about 45 minutes, actually), I'm going to see Capital Playhouse's production of A Grand Night for Singing.  I've worked with everyone in the show (all five of them) and really want to see the performers more than the show itself.  But it should all be very good. :D

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #366 on: February 11, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »

neat pics derbrucer...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #367 on: February 11, 2009, 06:49:21 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »

elmore3003:
Quote from: Matt H. on Today at 04:14:39 PM

Quote from: elmore3003 on Today at 02:07:44 PM

DR MattH, the boys are on today! I think there will be a lot of them, Casey, Allison, and Matt(???) the cellmate.

Thanks for the notice, DR Elmore. I'll skim through it later this evening. I got so involved with the adventures of Jessica Fletcher that I didn't stop to watch it before I came upstairs.

The murder mystery has begun!

I bet Jessie Brewer will be accused and tried.

From GENERAL HOSPITAL?

Why her?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2009, 06:53:28 PM »

VIBES TO EVERYONE, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY VIXMOM, TOMOVOZ, COLIN, AND THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRIA!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2009, 06:55:35 PM »

Vixmom, have your DH get you some headphones and go to www.hulu.com    There are lots of tv shows there -- some very old ones.

Does anyone else find it funny our DR Laura is giving out advice on tv viewing?  ;)

i think everything DR Laura posts is pretty funny.

Except for her glorious photography, which is stunning.

I also enjoy her posts...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »

My thoughts are also with the Aussies...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #374 on: February 11, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »

Getting ready for a new TOP CHEF episode.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #375 on: February 11, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »

Nice photo of DR JOSE and the VIXTER.......  DR JOSE has a very flattering haircut....is it a new barber or a new cut?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #376 on: February 11, 2009, 06:58:08 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #377 on: February 11, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »

Vixter is turning into a very very beautiful young woman..

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #378 on: February 11, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......imagine people in show business with egos?  What next? 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #379 on: February 11, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »

I am shocked SHOCKED at the poster of Mr Craig Bierko.....oh my!

But of course I would also like to be on the Dish List.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #380 on: February 11, 2009, 07:02:19 PM »

Sorry, I obviously had no idea about the bad blood--the PM said to tell people, so I did.  I've always had very good dealings with Mark, going back to when we were trying to solve the "Janis Hansen" mystery.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #381 on: February 11, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »

DR JMK - ***ROOF VIBES*** to you.

Speaking of roofs...I came across this article on Comcast.net: 
Clever dog uses snow bank to climb up on roof
There's even a picture:

;D

This is pretty darn cute too :)  Keith also enjoyed the photo & story.

It is truly amazing at how crafty some dogs can be

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #382 on: February 11, 2009, 07:06:28 PM »

A couple of weeks ago Mr. Rothman wrote me, telling me about his "blog" and asking if I'd post about it here.  He then proceeded to let me know that he'd dissed me pretty badly in one of the early entries - not by name - and he didn't want me to hear about it from anyone else first.  I looked at what he'd written - some twaddle about how he would never have the ego to write books about himself (yeah, right, that's why he's BLOGGING), or talk about what he ate for lunch or dinner, you know, a little slam against what I do here.  His contention was that he used to love reading the notes because it was all about musical theater.  I told him that this here site has been amazingly consistent in the writing and it was never specifically about anything other than what I felt like writing about.  He thinks I have unbridled ego (I had to point out to him that I wrote three books about my childhood and that they are pretty loved by those who've read them - but one chooses to write about what one chooses to write about - he thought THAT response was filled with unbridled ego), but I have to say that my unbridled ego is not a patch on the butt cheeks of his, but I don't really care about any of that - I have as much ego as anyone, but I do keep it in check and never flaunt it EVER.

In any case, I like Mark, but I thought what he wrote was just foolish and therefore I saw no reason to post a URL here, as I tend not to want to promote those who feel the need to dis me, and why would I?  Tonight, Druxy told me he'd gotten the e-mail and my only question is how did he harvest these e-mails?  I suppose he searched them here (how else would he get them, unless I'm missing something somewhere or unless they were PMs here) - I'm not thrilled that he did it, frankly.  And that's the story. 

I got one as a PM

I got one also...

td

• td
« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2009, 07:17:26 PM »

I love elmore!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2009, 07:18:19 PM »

Nice photo of DR JOSE and the VIXTER.......  DR JOSE has a very flattering haircut....is it a new barber or a new cut?

Same barber, well at least the same barber shop, Chelsea Barber. And it's almost two weeks "old".
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

Sorry, I obviously had no idea about the bad blood--the PM said to tell people, so I did.  I've always had very good dealings with Mark, going back to when we were trying to solve the "Janis Hansen" mystery.

There's no bad blood at all.  As I've now said twice, I like Mark and I assume he likes me.  I explained my reasons for not linking to his "blog" already and they are quite simple.  I just find it odd that someone would come in here and PM everyone like that - it's a little off-putting to me, but that's just me and it's no big deal.

td

• td
« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2009, 07:19:06 PM »

I want to hear the dish on GUYS AND DOLLS.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #387 on: February 11, 2009, 07:19:30 PM »

SMOKE FREE, FIRE FREE VIBES FOR DR TOM & DP COLIN-
                                               AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LAND OF OZ!

td

• td
« Reply #388 on: February 11, 2009, 07:19:38 PM »

I love LOST.

Tomovoz

« Reply #389 on: February 11, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »

It's been a quieter day here.  No urgent threat messages for any communities which is wonderful.
Control lines seem to be working.. Winds are always a problem.  Fire spotting can start two miles ahead of the fire front.  We still hope for rain but then so often that means lighning strikes.  There is still a possbility of the major fires joining. 

Kangaroos are being seen seeking refuge in outer suburban areas.  Wombats and Echidnas are more likely to survive.  It will be the tree dwellers that will have been lost. 

Once again DRs thank you for the prayers and messages of support for this tragedy still unfolding.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up