Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES  (Read 35015 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2009, 06:46:43 AM »

Nor were raisins served at intermission.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2009, 06:50:21 AM »

Page Two Joan Collins swinging dance.

She is going to be at the Hollywood Collector's Show along with DR DRUXY, John Saxon, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher, Erik Estrada, and many many more!

DAW

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2009, 07:00:57 AM »

Now thanks to DR Sandra, I understand the concept.

Where is this infamous video to be found, praytell?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2009, 07:01:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: LIMBATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is: HURRY! IT'S LOVELY UP HERE

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2009, 07:10:50 AM »

Back from the barber and I'm bummed to learn from TIMEOUT that CORNBURY, one of my favorite comedies, just closed at the hudson Guild Theatre and i didn't know there was a production going on! Rats.

Oh, I see Ron Raines is on GUIDING LIGHT this morning. My upstairs neighbor, who's now a director for ALL MY CHILDREn, worked for a while with THE GUIDING LIGHT.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2009, 07:11:40 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  We must have some weather moving in, because my sinuses are killing me.

This afternoon I'm going to sort & price books again and give one of my friends a check for her 2 tickets for the touring production of Frost/Nixon.  We'll see it Feb. 28 at the Aronoff in Cincinnati.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2009, 07:14:00 AM »

What an exciting post that was.  Shall I next tell you how I stacked the cutting board and knives in the dishwasher?

LOL!  Sounds kind of like retirement...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2009, 07:15:46 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~VARIOUS AND SUNDRY VIBES FOR ALL WHO NEED THEM~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 07:23:50 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I did sleep in even if I was up before 9:00am. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2009, 07:28:19 AM »

Now thanks to DR Sandra, I understand the concept.

Where is this infamous video to be found, praytell?

Perhaps DR LAURA will post the link again.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2009, 07:28:40 AM »

I love INTO THE WOODS!

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2009, 07:29:35 AM »

There is a lot on tv tonight:

8pm: Lost pop-up show, American Idol (2 hours)

9pm: Lost, Life

10pm: Top Chef NYC!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2009, 07:29:39 AM »

DRs JRand and Dan (The Man) et al - "Grecian Underwear" - at least according to my high school English/Drama teacher - are tights that have had their legs "trimmed" - cut off at the top of the thigh.  I don't believe the "classic" Greeks ever wore them, however, when wearing a toga on stage in a classic Greek drama, they are an appropriate and ideal(?) undergarment.  Nowadays, with things like square-cut briefs and sports briefs, there's probably no more need to cut up a pair of fraying tights.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »

RE: last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

I just wanna say how frustrated i was.

They spent so much time showing the judges shuffling their papers trying to decide who to pick. I"m sorry but that is just wasting time to me. If they want to show that they then should tell us what they are talking about.

There are SO MANY contestants who've made the top 50 who we've never even seen. And if i have to see that whiny tatiana again i will scream. How did she make it to top 50????

It's just crazy. There are certain people (who granted are very good) like the guy who lost his wife. They have shown him a ridiculous amount of times. And then there are people like jen (from the hi-5 group) who they have never shown one second of (well they showed her face a lot last night since she was in the front row of room 4).

I'm sure there are many more people in top 50 we have never seen. Why can't they just show
us all the contestants instead of showing the shuffling of papers!

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2009, 07:33:38 AM »

DR Jane i hope Craig feels better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2009, 07:35:52 AM »

Good morning!

It was overcast when I got up, but the sun is peeking through now and there are glimmers of blue sky and the promise of a warm day ahead (71 for a high). This is February?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2009, 07:38:07 AM »

I'm not even going to watch AMERICAN IDOL tonight. I don't need to see two hours of people walking that long walk to the chair in front of the judges, having the judges plays with the person's brain, and then get the news of yes or no.

I'll see the 36 they pick when the semifinals start next week.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2009, 07:39:06 AM »

BK,  Wish I could be with you at the Hollywood Collectors Show.  Loos like an interesting and different round-up this time.  I see Mr. Kevin Sorbo is there.  This does not surprise me as I saw him in a bad spoof of 300, MEET THE SPARTANS, on HBO the other day.  I think he was third-billed after Carmen Electra.  Perhaps, if he had done KULL the way I had written it, instead of insisting it be dumbed down for his 12-year old HERCULES fans, his career might have a little more punch.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2009, 07:40:07 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

ABC - LOST, LIFE ON MARS
CBS - comedies, CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI: NY
NBC - KNIGHT RIDER, LIFE, LAW & ORDER
FOX - AMERICAN IDOL (two hours)
FX   - DAMAGES

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2009, 07:41:21 AM »

DR Jennifer - As for "American Idol"... I suggest that you stop watching the prelims and just start watching once the actual "live" competition starts.

As for Tatiana and some of the others, you know why they're there: Manufactured Drama.  That's part of the program - always has been, always will be.  There's no need to get "frustrated" about all the "paper shuffling".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2009, 07:43:33 AM »

DR vixmom - I do have to be in midtown this afternoon, and, if it turns out that I can get over to Studio 54 before or after the matinee, I shall try my best to look for the vixter your daughter. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2009, 07:43:56 AM »

I'm very enthusiastic (finally) about a TV box set I'm going to review: MURDER SHE WROTE - Season 9. There may even be some episodes I didn't get a chance to see in this season. By the ninth season, my partner had left me, and I had gotten back heavily into doing theater, so I missed some Sunday nights due to rehearsals and (occasionally) shows.

Anyway, I start on the box set this afternoon. Of course, I'll watch last night's LEVERAGE while I eat lunch.

DAW

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2009, 07:45:54 AM »

My upstairs neighbor, who's now a director for ALL MY CHILDREN

So that was storyline research they were doing the other night, that kept you awake at 1:00 AM??      ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2009, 07:48:02 AM »

I'm not even going to watch AMERICAN IDOL tonight. I don't need to see two hours of people walking that long walk to the chair in front of the judges, having the judges plays with the person's brain, and then get the news of yes or no.

Or you can just read the list (it's already been released). But i glanced at it without pictures a while back. And 99% of the names at the time meant nothing.

Actually i am looking forward to tonight's show. The reason being that because it is 2 hours i am pretty sure that they will go back and show us a lot of their auditions (the people we have not seen).

I remember they did this in the past. So i'm hoping to see some of the people i have not seen before.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2009, 07:49:42 AM »

I can answer DR Michael Shayne's BK question from page 1.

Play that got bad reviews that I loved: the 1974 revival of THE WOMEN.

TV show that got bad reviews that I loved: JOURNEYMAN

Musical that got bad reviews that I loved: THE RINK

Movie that got bad reviews that I loved: MAKING LOVE

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2009, 07:50:57 AM »

DR Jennifer - As for "American Idol"... I suggest that you stop watching the prelims and just start watching once the actual "live" competition starts.

As for Tatiana and some of the others, you know why they're there: Manufactured Drama.  That's part of the program - always has been, always will be.  There's no need to get "frustrated" about all the "paper shuffling".

Actually hollywood is my favorite round. So i would not miss it. I really like seeing how people progress and then who makes it.

It's just frustrating that they are focusing so much on the drama.

And no i don't get it (i'm serious). I get why they focus on the drama up until they get to top 50. But i cannot understand why they would keep someone like tatiana (who is obnoxious and comes across extremely poorly in her attitude and singing).  They just want to give her a nervous breakdown when she doesn't make it on the show (i'm assuming/hoping).

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »

Or you can just read the list (it's already been released). But i glanced at it without pictures a while back. And 99% of the names at the time meant nothing.

Actually i am looking forward to tonight's show. The reason being that because it is 2 hours i am pretty sure that they will go back and show us a lot of their auditions (the people we have not seen).

I remember they did this in the past. So i'm hoping to see some of the people i have not seen before.

As I said, I'll see them when they perform an entire song with the band during the semifinals. The names mean absolutely nothing to me anyway. I'll learn their names when they make an impression on me (good or bad) during the semifinal round.

And I have to say that the judges have been impressed with some people I thought were mediocre or worse, so I'm decidedly unenthusiastic that THEY get to have wild card choices again this season.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »

As I said, I'll see them when they perform an entire song with the band during the semifinals. The names mean absolutely nothing to me anyway. I'll learn their names when they make an impression on me (good or bad) during the semifinal round.

And I have to say that the judges have been impressed with some people I thought were mediocre or worse, so I'm decidedly unenthusiastic that THEY get to have wild card choices again this season.

DR MattH - If you don't watch tonight's episode, you won't get to see the new "Judge's Mansion"!!!  -I guess they're not using the old Pasadena Town Hall this year.

But, more importantly, you won't get to see the other new "twist" this year: people "Singing For Their Life" - or whatever they're calling it - if they are given a "No" by the judges.

;D

*Like any last minute singing-plea is truly going to change the mind of the judges and producers.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2009, 08:06:11 AM »

I came to discover just last week that THE YELLOW ROLLES ROYCE and THE SOLID GOLD CADILLAC are two different movies.

But weren't they both re-made into "Christine"?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2009, 08:08:12 AM »

My upstairs neighbor, who's now a director for ALL MY CHILDREN

So that was storyline research they were doing the other night, that kept you awake at 1:00 AM??      ;)

No, the upstairs neighbor who works for ALL MY CHILDREN is not the neighbor directly above me in 4C.  That's the real estate student with the barking dog and the squeaky bed.

The ex-boyfriend of the soap director on the fourth floor was a dresser on THE SOPRANOS.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:10:12 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up