Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS  (Read 23550 times)

Jed

Re:TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2004, 08:45:54 PM »

I think that my friend, Marc, who is a Buddhist, would call him a bodhisattva.

Of course, bodhisattva is merely avttasihdob spelled backwards.  Not that that means a damn thing, but I've been quiet tonight and needed something to say. :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Kerry

« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2004, 09:06:12 PM »

I had a lovely dinner with a lovely friend.   There was an even lovelier creme brulee for dessert.

I need to go read the posts and find out what I missed.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2004, 09:22:51 PM »

I'm going to make it an early night again; we've got a lot to take care of before we head northward on Sat.  

We did dine out tonight, at the Crab Barn.  Aptly named; the place is huge inside!  And they serve crab, and lobster, and other seafoody stuff.  Good honest chow, nothing fancy; the Manhattans came in Old Fashined glasses, because the traditional "up" cocktail glasses break too easily, and they've had to switch to plastic lobster-cracking tools, because people kept stealing the metal ones!  But a 1-lb Maine lobster for $14 each (with salad) ain't something to complain about.  Good soups, too, and der Brucer wants me to find out how to make crab balls.  ("Do you think they used bread crumbs, or is it all crab and seasoning?")

We got a doggy-bag of the lobster shells, because der Brucer wants me to make bisque!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2004, 09:57:25 PM »

It's a quiet night at HHW. At the moment I'm all alone here.
...Just checked, still alone. I'd get Abie (wonderdog) to post, but he's sleeping.
Where in tarnation is everyone???

Panni

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2004, 09:58:03 PM »

I see Tomovoz!

Panni

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2004, 09:58:38 PM »

And Jed!

Panni

« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2004, 09:59:15 PM »

Now there are three of us....

td

• td
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2004, 10:00:39 PM »

I see Panni.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2004, 10:01:37 PM »

More arrivals. Good. I have some things to do. May be back later. Talk amongst yourselves, guys.

Jed

« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2004, 10:01:48 PM »

Oh yes, we're here, Panni.  'Tis the season for late-night denizens.

Jed

« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2004, 10:02:55 PM »

Oh, I see how it is.  She gets us all in here, then leaves!!! :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2004, 10:10:33 PM »

How nice to be noticed.
What to write?
I have been absent for a few hours - I delivered a video to an elderly lady who is legally blind! I did ask the obvious question - she has some sight and can make out the screen at times. The video was copy of the 10th aniversary Les Mis concert which is now not available on video. I am so pleased I did not just post the video as I have now met a delightful lady. I had photocopied the Les Mis jacket from the video and she placed it on her scanner which "translates" the information directly to braille. Fascinating. My Cd and
(sometimes video) service has led me to meet, or at least to receive some beautiful letters from, some charming older folk.
This morning Magnus had his stitches removed - indeed he is now once again a happy and smiling (yes they do) dog.
td: I'll leave the story of the "Boomerang Kid" - I beleive he really has charisma and really upstaged visiting rock stars. I was not really a fan. I prefer the David Campbell versions of his songs. O'Keefe of course had a major hit here with "She Wears My Ring" - I preferred the Roy Orbison version. I think the tune is "La Golondrina" (My Spanish is probably well off!)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2004, 10:13:33 PM »

And Mr Dale is here so my post is not altogether wasted (like my life of course). Wrong - my life is now waisted. I must do something about it.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2004, 10:18:39 PM »

I think it was something I said Jed!
Do you have a job to go to on the coast or do you have do the substitute thing still?
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2004, 10:38:18 PM »

I have no idea what I have in store for me employment-wise, Tom.  The key objective at the moment is to move... I'll find some sort of job to pay the bills.  Teaching is going to wait for awhile, a decision I've come to after quite a lot of thinking.  May return to it in a couple years, we shall see.  So, new city, new job, I'll be a whole new Jed (well, ok, a partially new Jed).

Ann and TCB are already recruited for the job hunt in a couple months.  George, you can keep your ears open for me, too!  I have library experience, ya know. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2004, 10:41:35 PM »

I wish you the best Jed and I hope you do return to teaching in a few years. Good to know you have such good friends on the look out for possibilities for work.
A couple more posts and we will have avoided that dreadful possibility of record setting in not the nicest way!
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2004, 10:43:34 PM »

Good Morning!  Good Day!  Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

-Just wanted to cover all my bases.

I haven't read today's posts - I'll have to catch up once I'm back home Sunday.  *The theatre has put me up in a nice hotel, BUT the phone calls are charged by the minute, so...  Yes, Time, The Bitch Goddess in action.

Beautiful day weather-wise in NYC!  A very nice train trip up - and at a very reasonable hour too!  And I got to sit in about three hours of rehearsal for Children Of Eden.  Wonderful cast!  :)

Then it was off to Carnegie Hall to catch Mikhail Pletnev tickle the ivories.  What an amazing pianist and musician.  And he truly makes everything seem so effortless.  And his personal "soundscape" was mesmerizing.  Unfortunately, throughout the evening there was either a sound of someone's ventilator whistling, and/or someone's hearing aid whistling every few seconds.  And then there was the coughing.  Of course, some of the coughs happened to happen at some of the most quietest moments of music.  -OH, and during those quiet moments, you could tell the people with the hearing aids were turning them up in order to hear just how quiet he was playing.  UGH!!!  I eventually phased all the high-pitched annoying pitches out - for the most part - and Mr. Pletnev's playing had me smiling, wishing and just in plain awe throughout the evening.

Then I met some friends at Don't Tell Mama.

OK - That's my list... Again, sorry for the list, but Miss Time is looking over my shoulder, just a tick-tick-ticking away.

As for film comedians... Abbott & Costello, Bob Hope, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Robin Williams (at certain times)... I think that's my list for now...  Did I even come close?  -I'll find out when I catch up on Sunday.

OHH!!!!  A certain errant and truant Dear Reader sends his best.  He's busy with work.  He's busy with auditions - he has one tomorrow, Friday.  He's busy with life.  All is well.

Well, as Porky Pig says.. That's all folks!

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2004, 10:45:07 PM »

No one noticed I am here! :)

Not much to say, really, but I wanted to post, so I'm posting :P

Hey, did I mention I'm gonna be seeing Thoroughly Modern Millie when it comes to Seattle in April?  I'm so excited for it!  Yay for birthday theater tickets...

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2004, 10:47:19 PM »

Hello DR Ann. You are noticed.
Thanks Jose for news of the Broadway brat! Give him our regards.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2004, 10:49:24 PM »

Message from Colin to Jose. Have you visited Stokes yet?
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2004, 11:20:28 PM »

Hey, did I mention I'm gonna be seeing Thoroughly Modern Millie when it comes to Seattle in April?  I'm so excited for it!  Yay for birthday theater tickets...

Hey, did I mention I'm gonna be seeing Thoroughly Modern Millie with DR Ann when it comes to Seattle in April?  Yay for birthday theatre tickets, indeed! :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2004, 11:31:22 PM »

I wonder if TCB will be starring as Mrs Meers in the production!
When is this "get together" of the Washington/Oregon kimlets happening?
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2004, 11:34:37 PM »

Panni, any chance of the Plummer LEAR coming out here? I would love to see this.  And LEAR is far from my favourite Shakespeare, but I think Christopher Plummer is a brilliant actor and should be a much bigger star than he is.  His BARRYMORE was absolutely magnificent!  Always liked him!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2004, 11:35:43 PM »

We really should have a Northwest Kimlet meeting sometime...I'd love to meet everyone

Charles Pogue

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2004, 11:36:42 PM »

I am saving my Wilkinson/Wellman dinner rehash for the the post-midnite turnover.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2004, 11:40:40 PM »

So, do you suppose BK is still out,  cracking the whip on Mr. Guy Haines tonight at the Kritzer Time recording session at Mr. Grant Geissman's?  Making him sing those five or six notes he likes to sing really, really well?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up