Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S WHAT  (Read 23488 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: WHAT'S WHAT
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2009, 08:19:47 AM »

I am not caught up. Vibes to all I missed.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2009, 08:22:14 AM »

Keep on "keeping on", Jeanne!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2009, 08:22:42 AM »

I'll be heading down now to get cleaned up for my lunch outing with friends today.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »

TOD:
(in no particular order)

Audra MacDonald
Barbara Cook
Liz Callaway
Jason Graae
Sammy Davis, Jr.
Guy Haines
Ella Fitzgerald
Lena Horne

(that's just for starters)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

Keep on "keeping on", Jeanne!

Thank you, Ron.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2009, 08:25:42 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I've been under the weather with a particularly nasty virus. I'm told a lot of people have it right now. All I can say is, if you get it take it seriously! It's not like anything I've had in the past. Ugh!

What are your symptoms?  I was sick the first six weeks of this year with a bug that nested in my bronchial tubes.  Very ugly and "tuna gloppy".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2009, 08:26:48 AM »

Singdaw, I'm glad to hear you still feel no ill effects from the accident. I think too that your positive outlook is right; under the circumstances, this is probably the best possible outcome.

It would take a LOT to get our DAW down. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2009, 08:27:17 AM »

DR MBARNUM I have sent you an envelope containing both Joan Crawford and Jayne Mansfield.

Louis Jourdan and Ty Hardin are in there, too.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2009, 08:30:29 AM »

DR JOSE thanks for the Apple tips for browsing....I shall try the Apple+n when I get back on the MAC later today.

You're welcome, DR JRand.  Just remember: Apple+N(ew), Apple+T(ab).  And, again, you can always click on "File" in the menu bar to open a new window or tab from there.

LOL....you are making an assumption that I am going to turn that thing back on.

Well, didn't you say you would?  ;)

Some people are PC people, some people are Mac people, some people are Linux people, etc.  We're all good people.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2009, 08:32:01 AM »

Oh, and from yesterday: DR Ginny, I won't have my new eyeglasses for another few weeks, I expect.

Good golly!  Were those glasses outsourced to China?  I've never waited more than three days, I don't believe.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2009, 08:33:48 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Richard and I went to Cincinnati late yesterday afternoon to pick up some books he had waiting at the downtown library and for him to assist with Ash Wednesday services.  After church, we took Rob and Mary Linda to Red Lobster for dinner.

Today, I have to visit 2 libraries to pick up books and then go to the AAUW book sale site to donate 4 boxes-full and help sort and price.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2009, 08:34:39 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I've been under the weather with a particularly nasty virus. I'm told a lot of people have it right now. All I can say is, if you get it take it seriously! It's not like anything I've had in the past. Ugh!

What are your symptoms?  I was sick the first six weeks of this year with a bug that nested in my bronchial tubes.  Very ugly and "tuna gloppy".

I woke up at 4 am with chills--simply could NOT get warm--plus my heart was racing a bit, which I always find scary. Later that days the chills abated, but I was feverish. I've had all that before, of course--there was just something vague that made it all really awful. Today I have a nasty headache and am weak and feverish off and on--a HUGE improvement, believe me!

Ron, I've had a bronchial thing that comes and goes for longer than I'd like to admit. There's an over-the-counter enzyme supplement that I get through my doctor which helps, but you can't buy it in the stores. Let me if you want more information.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2009, 08:37:25 AM »

Oh, and from yesterday: DR Ginny, I won't have my new eyeglasses for another few weeks, I expect.

Good golly!  Were those glasses outsourced to China?  I've never waited more than three days, I don't believe.

The soonest I get my new glasses is 1-2 weeks. I have the anti-glare coating added, which takes an extra day. But no complaints here. Like Jose, I have a "difficult" prescription. Unlike Jose, I do have astigmatism. I am thrilled when they get it right.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »

I'm just high maintenance, all around.  ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2009, 08:42:13 AM »

DR MBARNUM I have sent you an envelope containing both Joan Crawford and Jayne Mansfield.

Louis Jourdan and Ty Hardin are in there, too.

Interesting imagery.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »

Just in case you haven't already read it, here is Liz Smith's last column from today's New York Post:

I'LL MISS YOU, NYC!

I always liked Liz Smith, and I thought it was a classy exit. Did you all know that she dated the FANTASTICKS author Tom Jones a million years ago at the University of Texas?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »

The soonest I get my new glasses is 1-2 weeks. I have the anti-glare coating added, which takes an extra day. But no complaints here. Like Jose, I have a "difficult" prescription. Unlike Jose, I do have astigmatism. I am thrilled when they get it right.

All of the above, for me, plus rolled and polished edges.  Every time the phone rings, I hope it's the optometrist's office.  We have an overcast day here in SW Ohio, which seems extra gloomy to me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2009, 08:48:57 AM »

I know you'll find this unbelievable, but, yes, it is snowing in Portland.

Good news:  no leaky, leaky (not even Louis) after moss removal despite heavy rains last night.

Bad news:  I discovered that the chimney workers had managed to completely rip the *metal* (!) faceplate off of my outside plugs when they were yanking their cord (not a euphemism) yesterday.  The owner said he'd pay for a new one.

Bad news for the hygienist department:  I am going to the dentist for the first time in probably 10 years today.  I know, I know.  But I have never had a cavity and always get the same report every time, whether it's 6 months or 10 years:  "Floss more, brush better, no cavities, perfect dental health.  Goodbye."  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2009, 08:49:38 AM »

Great new glasses--and soon--for DR Ginny!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »

I'm guessing that DR DAW's optometrist/eyeglass store sends them off to a lab that handles a bunch of stores and offices, thus the "delay".  When I got my last pairs, I was told that it would take at least five days since they had to order a set of frames, as well as the base lenses.  Well, it turned out that they had a regular shipment that came in the following morning, and since their in-store lab had a light workload at the time, they were able to have them ready by that afternoon.  -A 24-hour turnaround! :)

But I do remember having to wait anywhere from a week to ten days for glasses in the past since the lab was in Tennessee - and the store was in Virginia.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2009, 08:52:02 AM »

I'm fatiguing. Have a good day, everyone.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2009, 08:54:17 AM »

DR JMK - Just be glad that he didn't rip out the outlets too. -Have you turned off the circuit breaker for those outlets?

And count me in as another member of the "Never Had A Cavity" Club!
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2009, 08:55:38 AM »

Favorite singers of today?

I have no favorite singers of "today".

All my favorite singers are dead.

:'(
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2009, 08:59:10 AM »

Jose, re:  Kurzweils.  I actually have my very own which is in our downstairs studio/rec room.  It's ancient, but it still works wonderfully.

The grand that the church bought me is the latest model (can't recall which "Mark" it is, but it was new last year).  The "pop" was definitely electrical sounding and it scared the holy you know what out of me.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »

Well, I will speak up for Tomovoz and myself and add Lani Hall (at least her B66 years) to the list.  Those B66 ballads put her on a par with Streisand and Garland, easily.  Listen to "So Many Stars" and just marvel at how easily she handles huge leaps, and her control and elegant use of minimal vibrato was amazing. 

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »

If any of you Los Angeles folk are going to be in West Hollywood tomorrow (27) night at 7:30, please stop in at the A Different Light Bookstore (8853 Santa Monica Blvd.) and say "Hello".  I'm going to be doing my final Los Angeles signing there.

On Sunday (1), we're off to Austin again for 4-5 days, then on/around March 15th, we're driving our animals back to Austin and I'm out of Los Angeles for good.

I figure that 45+ years in one city is enough.

;)

You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2009, 09:08:15 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  The sun is shining - I hope to be shining soon, too.  Right now I'm sitting here like so much fish, looking 112 years old.

JMK

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2009, 09:12:40 AM »

If any of you Los Angeles folk are going to be in West Hollywood tomorrow (27) night at 7:30, please stop in at the A Different Light Bookstore (8853 Santa Monica Blvd.) and say "Hello".  I'm going to be doing my final Los Angeles signing there.

On Sunday (1), we're off to Austin again for 4-5 days, then on/around March 15th, we're driving our animals back to Austin and I'm out of Los Angeles for good.

I figure that 45+ years in one city is enough.

;)

Druxy, once you're ensconced in Austin, check out singer Suzi Stern.  She and I recorded quite a bit when she lived in Portland, and she is one of the most awesome vocalists imaginable.  In fact, she's one of my favorite singers of today.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2009, 09:18:34 AM »

Good Afternoon!

It's 60 degrees right now here in Richmond...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2009, 09:32:22 AM »

I don't think that LOST or HEROES need to show EVERY character every week. It's funny but this week LOST focused on one story and i found it brilliant. But HEROES much less so. I didn't need every character this week. But the one story was not enough for ME (my opinion).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up