Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HARVEY SCHMIDT STORY  (Read 16249 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE HARVEY SCHMIDT STORY
« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2009, 08:38:27 PM »

I would like to see/hear Guy Haines do another solo CD, myself.

In fact the only reason I did not list him as a favorite current singer last week for the TOD was because he hasn't done anything in so long!

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »

I would really like Guy Haines to sing BOOGIE WOOGIE BOOGIE MAN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:02 PM »

I'm hoping a Guy Haines CD can happen this year. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »

I think I'm finished with my viewing and am listening to CDs.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »

Well... Looks like Martha Stewart is trying to up her "street cred": http://bit.ly/13xGoH
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2009, 08:58:45 PM »

Listening to George Duning's lovely score to Houseboat.  Just issued on CD.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »

And since I(!!!) will be presenting the audition briefing in the morning...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2009, 09:08:49 PM »

I'm back from BLITHE SPIRIT, a wonderful comedy in a really good production. Lots of dropped lines tonight and I think the show, when it's solid, will really run like a house on fire. Lansbury's energy, for her age, is amazing, although she was the most guilty of the dropped lines. I miss the original three act breaks but the play's a masterpiece of comic structure and I had a wonderful time.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »

Good travel vibes to Jose~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MBarnum

« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2009, 09:29:27 PM »

I was just doing a search on FACEBOOK using the Classmates seach for Phoenix HIgh School 1982...oy, the people I graduated with did not age well! And a vast majority of them have as they main Facebook picture, a snap shot of them holding a beer.  ::)

However, I did locate a couple of buddies of mine from my drama class days. I will see if they remember me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »

Tonight I finally watched the 25 short films for the festival. There were some really good ones.  I haven't been a judge for this before, so I don't know if I'm rating too high or too low compared to other judges, but I tried to be as consistent as possible among the entries, so I'm pleased about that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:24 PM »

I'm also pleased I managed to get this done tonight. With the trial prep and all sorts of other things going on, I was afraid I wouldn't find the time to do it.  Now I need to get some rest so I can dive in again tomorrow. 

I'm so glad I had the break I had going to New Orleans.  It's made returning to the madness a pleasure

td

• td
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »

DR MBarnum  - have you picked up the Retromedia Boxed Set of HERCULES movies?   I did.  Strange mix of pan and scan and anamorphic widescreen, but a treasure trove for pepla fans. 
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »

Night all.  Happy  birthday Panni and vibes of all sorts to anyone who needs them. I don't have time to catch up and don't want to miss anyone

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2009, 11:14:55 PM »

Am I long time lurker ? yes .  Maybe everyday for 3 years.  I can already tell posting is going to take me a few days to figure out.   I actually feel like I know everyone from your pictures.  I've been talking to a friend of my about memories from the 60's and 70's,  and think I will try to use a small photo from those days for this site.  Let's see if this post works. 
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2009, 11:19:25 PM »

Welcome longtime lurker and new dear reader Sam.  If you click on your name (on your post) you'll find a menu bar at the left and from there you can go into account settings and profile settings and select various options including uploading a photograph for your avatar.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2009, 11:29:09 PM »

I just looked up the word of the day in the dictionary.  I'm laughing because I can't figure out how to use it in a sentence.  Is it connected to food and caterpillars or oil and money ?  Posting will be good for my spelling, I'm from the days before spell check, and will try not to use it.  I still look things up in the filling cabinets at work instead of the computer, I find it a lot faster (for me anyway).  The name Sam is a nickname from Jr. High (now it's called middle school here in California), I was there yesterday to vote.
Remembered that we all had cooking, sewing, wood shop, auto shop, printing, dancing (remember square dancing class?) Not one boy in cooking or sewing, not one girl in wood shop or auto shop.  Those classes are gone now, but if they were still available I think boys and girls would be taking both.  See you tomarrow.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2009, 12:07:58 AM »

Poor Sam doesn't know about WUSSBURGERS - our dear readers who are so OLD they can no longer stay up past ten.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up