Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME CAPSULE  (Read 46852 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: TIME CAPSULE
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2009, 03:16:50 PM »

PAGE 7 DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »

Does anyone here remember a 1980s flick titled "Hunk"?

DR MBarnum might.

I wondered if it was one that would be welcomed in Elmore's VCR. ;)

My VCR only plays short art films.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:14 PM »

THINGS I LEARNED FROM WATCHING 16 MOVIES RELEASED BY CROWN INTERNATIONAL PICTURES:

1. All high school seniors are at least 22 years old.

2. No matter what is happening or how many people are around, if there is a telephone in the shot, it will ring.

3. No one who owns a convertible ever puts up the top.

4. If you put blue cellophane on your sliding glass doors, everyone will think it's night time.

5. If you are a female, you must remove ALL of your clothes to wash your face and/or brush your hair.

6. The girl with the smallest breasts will die first.

7. Men's plaid suits should be double breasted and worn with pastel shirts and BIG KNOTTED ties.

8. Beautiful women shower at least six times a day....especially when they have company or are expecting gentleman callers ANY minute.

9.  There is no such thing as inappropriate music.  All music fits any situation.

10. At least one person appearing in a supporting role will have the same last name as one of the producers, and this person will wear the BEST clothes in the movie.

LOL! Jack, I can't believe you sat through all those movies!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2009, 03:42:34 PM »

Went over to Jery's and sat for ninety minutes - eating a turkey and bacon sandwich and fries, and proofing about thirty-five pages.  I have to say it, this is my favorite of the Hofstetter books, mostly because of its milieu and the fact that aside from best friend Billy, she only interacts with older people in this book.  I haven't looked at this since finishing it, really, and it's holding my interest, I really like the characters, and it's pretty funny and there is a LOT of rain and a LOT of food in this book, all good things.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »

Listening to CDs.  I should be seeing a draft of the new releases on the site, which I'll then approve and we'll be live in the morning.

MBarnum

« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

One of my new Facebook friends from High School drama class turns out to know be a very conservative Baptist Minister living in Alaska who believes strongly in creationism

This was certainly not what I expected to find when I looked at his profile!

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2009, 03:44:56 PM »

He also, along with all my other past high school friends it seems, has gained 300 pounds since the 80s.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »

I consider it part of my education to view these films, DR MBARNUM.  Someday they will be classics and discussed in French Film magazines, and I will be ahead of the game.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »

Vibes to TD's mum!

therapy vibes to vixmom!

vibes to one and all....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

Good day!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »

Where did today go?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2009, 04:16:28 PM »

I'm almost ready to sit on my couch like so much fish.  Just sent all my online dealers cover and track info for both releases.

FJL

« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »

Jrand - Great list, worthy of a David Letterman top ten list (meaning one of the really good ones)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »

I'm going to the theatre tonight. I'm seeing Impressionism. with Jeremy Irons and Joan Allen.

It's the story of an international photojournalist and a New York gallery owner whose unexpected brush with intimacy leads them to realize that there is quite an art to repairing broken lives.

The rest of the cast includes Tony Award® nominee André De Shields, Michael T. Weiss, Aaron Lazar, Margarita Levieva, Hadley Delany, and four-time Academy Award® nominee Marsha Mason as Julia.

I'm very glad Larry enjoyed Blithe Spirit. His feelings mirror mine.

Michael T. Weiss is on stage in New York and I am still in Tacoma?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »

It looks like 2 celebs had to drop out of DANCING WITH THE STARS before the first show. :(

Jewel and Nancy O'Dell (both injured).  Not sure what they will do now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

I have an 11 Am appointment with the swallowing therapist today

I used that title for a time.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2009, 05:06:40 PM »

BTW, re: AMERICAN IDOL (i'm writing this before tonight's show even starts).

We were talking about if they would choose 2 girls tonight (to try to even out the numbers). But i wonder if they will also have to consider other factors.

They don't have that much minority representation so far. Only one black person out of 9. And on spanish person.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2009, 05:10:44 PM »

Jrand - Great list, worthy of a David Letterman top ten list (meaning one of the really good ones)

Thanks, DR FJL......now and then I do good.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2009, 05:25:32 PM »

REASON NUMBER 1 FOR LIVING IN TACOMA!

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »

Last night DR Sam had reminiscences about Jr High and the non-hard-core academic courses like cooking, sewing, wood shop, auto shop, printing, dancing (remember square dancing class?).

Well, in two brief years in Jr High, I had Wood Shop, Electricity Shop, Print shop (which involved hand setting printing presses), Mechanical Drawing, Folk Dancing (square, Polka, Hora, etc) and the ever-valuable JBT (Junior Business Training). IN JBT we learned letter writing, checking account maintenance, menu planning, shopping to a budget (which included evaluating the food store ads in the newspapers) and shopping for life insurance. Ginny will be glad to know we also had a compulsory class in Library Utilization. My only exposure to the “girls” classes came when I was in desperate need to have a button reattached to a jacket – a counselor sent me to the sewing teacher who proceeded to insist I take a seat in the class which was underway while she directed me in how to attach a button (actually, as I learned, there are two different ways, depending on how much play the button requires (shirts none, heavy jackets, a lot).

der Brucer

Yeah, that Ben Franklin was quite the taskmaster.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »

I just read this:  Charlie Chaplin's Actor-Son Sydney Chaplin Dies

In related news, a weird manic cackling was heard emanating from the Streisand compound in Malibu.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »

Went over to Jery's and sat for ninety minutes - eating a turkey and bacon sandwich and fries, and proofing about thirty-five pages.  I have to say it, this is my favorite of the Hofstetter books, mostly because of its milieu and the fact that aside from best friend Billy, she only interacts with older people in this book.  I haven't looked at this since finishing it, really, and it's holding my interest, I really like the characters, and it's pretty funny and there is a LOT of rain and a LOT of food in this book, all good things.

Why does the book have mildew?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »

DR TCB did you take that photo?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »

I think I'll go sit on my couch like so much fish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2009, 06:04:34 PM »

Can someone post right here and talk new dear reader Sam through the uploading her avatar photo and the other preferences she should set?  Do it step by step so it's really easy to understand.  Thanks.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »

Since this is mostly a theatre group, so that I fit in, this is my short as possible history.  First live performance I remember is the "Four Seasons" at the Coconut Grove ,  Jr. High School graduation  dinner with my friend and her parents.  Then the late 60's/early 70's (rock n roll boyfriend) everyone had a VW bus and 20 or more of us would all go to concerts, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Blue Cheer, "Hair" at the Aquarius Theatre.  Late 70's/early 80's (new boyfriend told me I was really tone deft) season tickets for the Music Center, LA Phil, UCLA, learned not to fall asleep at the ballet or opera.  Mid 80's "Chorus Line" at the Shubert Theatre, Chick Corea,  Santana.  Late 80's/90's/early 2000's, mostly Jazz, takes a year for me to listen to all the cd's, Cinegrill and clubs on the Redondo Beach Pier.  Since 2002 I just buy what I like , mostly world music, (and Kritzerland and anything BK produced) and try to see at least one or more live performance a month.  In LA a lot is still affordable and some even free.  Last month was , Culture Clash, Vomit, Taylor Negron, and About Production's young theatre works. hope spelling and grammar are ok.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

DR TCB did you take that photo?

I wish I could take that type of photo, but that skill is beyond me.  The photo is from a series of photos of Lenticular clouds that I received in my e-mail today.  Another?  Okay.

“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2009, 06:18:38 PM »

DR Sam, George is really good at making your photo avatar size. If you PM him, he will probably help. He's a nice guy.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2009, 06:19:29 PM »

No pets, I killed all our fish, our cat moved to the neighbors, and I'm afraid of dogs.  A dog punctured an artery in my arm when I was 2 or 3.   I just hang out with my hairdresser's dog next door when I need to be near a pet that really cares about me as his friend.  Working on a picture that is somewhat OK.  Maybe from when I was 18 or 20 and in VW buses with guys in long hair?  
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up