Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THIS IS MY BELOVED  (Read 48079 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: AND THIS IS MY BELOVED
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »

Discovery Cove, now a part of the Photobucket Family.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2009, 04:43:52 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »

Ate a sandwich, and am now about to give up on a Lelouch movie called Smic, Smac, Smoc - the first bad Lelouch I've ever seen - almost completely improvised for ninety minutes, with scenes just going on beyond human endurance  - a slice of life but not interesting.

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2009, 04:51:51 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  We are back home after our visit to the Anglican church in Lima, OH, where they have a lovely building and more worshipers than we have in Cincinnati, but no full-time clergy.  They really, really want Richard, so we're going to try going there on Sundays.  It's a bit longer drive, but won't eat up our Sundays any more than going to Cincinnati.  In fact, today we were home from Lima before we'd have been home from Cincinnati, because the Lima service starts 90 minutes earlier.  We've made it clear to them that now is not the time for us to move away from SW Ohio.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »

Window service inquiry about the menu:

Time to find the family:

der Brucer

You should have heard the commotion when Buster saw the deer peering at him through the window!

Ironically I have seen a few on campuis...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2009, 05:10:47 PM »

Good morning everyone!!!!...I think...

I'm actully very confused, all the clocks have different times on them in my house...
And I'm not feeling welll, so I can't go back to sleep... yep, today's not gonna be fun.

On a better note, I'm sure you've all heard from Mom already. She can talk again!!!!!! 8D
Yesterday, I heard that she actully ate some toast, and I saw her eating ice-cream, so I'm very happy that the worst of this all is almost over.

I hope I get to see you all soon!!!!! I miss you all so much!!!!! And good luck to you Jose!!!! Have a safe trip!!!!!!

Sincerly,

The Vixter

Vixter, I hopeyou feel better soon

Great news on you Vixmom! Hooray!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »

Good evening one and all...

The Vixter

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2009, 05:12:37 PM »

NY DAILY NEWS

Dora the Explorer dolls get controversial new look

...The tweenage Dora will live in the big city, attend middle school and have a new wardrobe and accessories.

Well, if she's to have no back-pack, she needs a purse.

Our modern girls needs something to hold her condoms.

der Brucer

PS And I hear Barbie is getting tatoos!

...Oh great. Just when I thought I couldn't hate that show more. So, I guess Boots and Swiper are getting cut from the cast then.

The Vixter

No, Boots is going to be her pimp daddy, and Swiper their dealer.  They're both getting makeovers, too, with lots of bling.  And Swiper is going to sport a Barbie tattoo on his left arm.

...I'm sad to say I can see that happening... AH!!!!! THE MENTAL IMAGES BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's next, Dora and Deigo go through step-by-step how babies are made while they're alone in Dora's apartment with visual aid, or somthing?!?!?!?!? Nickalodeon's going nuts!!!!! And the sad thing is last year, the girl who does Dora's voice was at my school. She has got to be not likeing these changes to Dora.

Sincerly,

The Vixter
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »

Sunday Morning had a nice profile and interview with Van Morrison.  I've always loved his music

I enjoy his music also especially some of the stuff he has done with the Chieftains

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2009, 05:20:04 PM »

George, start anticipating:

der Brucer

Cool!

I have read that 2010 of Doctor Who could be interesting..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »

Just because I think it is cute.

That is cute...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »

For Jane

Since she asked so nicely

Great picture Michael.. You look you are having a lot of fun with the dolphins

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

It is indeed quiet in here tonight...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2009, 05:25:23 PM »

After watching The Far Pavilions this weekend, I realized that I need to re-read teh book again. I have only read it three times since 1984. I can see why teh critics called it the Indian Gone with the Wind.

It is a good story.

Michael have you seen it?

The only issue I have with it is the audio volume level is not consistent and in a few spots I found myself turning up and turning it down. I rented the DVD from the library. I am seriously considering getting a copy. Any word if a digital copy of this will be released? the DVD is in analog form and the older ratio.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2009, 05:27:18 PM »

I did note that Amy Irvings American accent did slip through in one instance but other than that she did a good job.

Ben Cross did a great job...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »

So to avoid tax returns, i've been developing the "I'm Still Queer" song.  Normally, i just know inherently when something is parody of the actual song I'm parodying - but here, I'm wondering if I'm actually parodying "I'm Still Here" or just riffing on it such that I'd have to get permission to ever use it....

Not bad, but it would work even better as parody if you could work in Sondheim's original timeline perspective.  That's the part that everyone seems to miss in the parodies, but it's the part that made the original song so great.

Just IMO, of course.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

The Vixter

« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2009, 05:30:46 PM »

DR Vixter, FEEL BETTER QUICKLY!

Thanks!!!!! Felt better after going to church... Maybe it was a sin thing?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2009, 05:32:58 PM »

I told megan we could go to the library when it opens at 10am!

Btw, from watching the megan on American Idol i've noticed that Ryan and Kara both pronounce her name Meh-gan. Do most people in the US say it this way. Here we say it May-gan.

I think May-gan is more common.
Meggun. 
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »

Hi DR Vixter.  I'm glad you are feeling better.  I can't imagine it was a sin thing ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »

I think I'll start Oliver Stone's film W right now.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

And this is my beloved...

And they are considered a delicacy in many parts of South America.

Just sayin'.

The Vixter

« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2009, 05:40:39 PM »

Hi DR Vixter.  I'm glad you are feeling better.  I can't imagine it was a sin thing ;D

...You never know, God works in weird ways...like how he makes you spill somthing on yourself, and you go to clean your shirt off, when you hear a large BANG and you turn and realise that a HUGE pile of crud just landed where you were doing homework not two seconds ago...God's cool like that...

Jane

« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2009, 05:45:40 PM »

;D

Jane

« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2009, 05:46:01 PM »

Is your homework ok?

Jane

« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

DR Ginny, how much time are you on the road to & from the church in Lima?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »

A few thoughts...

Barbie is 50 years old.

Ken is younger than Barbie.

Barbie is a cougar.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »

never thought of it that way...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »

Contemplating a new avatar but I have not decided on what I want yet...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »

Maybe with a little dogged determination I can make it to 200 posts for the thread....

Jane

« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »

Today is Women's Day in Romania.  I think our new daughter is missing the fun.  She said the women get presents and flowers on the streets from random guys.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up