Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD ACTOR!  (Read 52662 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: GOOD ACTOR!
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »

Listening to CDs and doing some work on the computer.  Then I'll shave and shower, then helper will be here to finish the postage stuff, then I'll be on my way to judge Miss Morrow's AMDA class.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2009, 12:17:16 PM »

Welcome sixteen GUESTS!  Most GUESTS we've had since the new version of the board. 

DAW

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »

I see GUESTS, but I don't see POSTS.     :)

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »

Well, I am definately not going to Los Angeles in April as planned. And I just can't afford it right now. And I was looking so foward to seeing Mamie Van Doren in the flesh.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:34:16 PM by MBarnum »

DAW

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »

DR vixmom - good news, but sorry you have to wait so long.  Did you ask if you could be put on a list for notification of a cancellation?

DAW

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2009, 12:33:09 PM »

What a disappointment, DR MBarnum.  I am sorry.    :(

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2009, 12:34:52 PM »

Right now, I'm making a DVD of "Light in the Piazza" that I recorded on TCM.  I also have the musical version "The Light in the Piazza" from PBS on my DVD burner and will make a DVD of that soon. :)

I set my DVR to catch that broadcast, too, and I was watching when it started, and there are SO many digital artifacts (and the print they used was less than optimum, too) that I knew I wouldn't enjoy watching the movie on a homemade DVD. This is definitely a film that's going to require an anamoirphic transfer to get the best possible chance at decent picture quality. So I stopped the recording and just deleted it.

I noticed the artifacts also, but they lessened as the movie went on.  I figured that it's going to be a long time before it is released on DVD (if ever), and I wanted the movie, especially since I'm also making a DVD of the PBS musical. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2009, 12:36:23 PM »

elmore, spill the damn beans.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »

MBarnum, you simply must come out.

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »

Well, the good news is that we won't have to be taking as big of a pay cut now...insteads of 16 furlough days between March and June, we now only have to take 6.

Sadly, my car needs 4 new tires and my refrigerator is making the most unpleasant noises...so I see some big payments in the near future.

I do wish that I had not already purchased my plane tickets, however.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2009, 12:37:29 PM »

I think motels and hotels are pretty cheap during this particular time.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2009, 12:38:59 PM »

Well, the todays postal delivery cheered me up: Steven Suskin's book on Broadway orchestration. I'm resisting my initial impulse to spend the rest of the day reading it and doing nothing else.

I need a nap.

Poor Mikey, no El Lay for you?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »

Listening to Illya Darling in show order - much better!

Nice! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »

PVR?   Dang, they've gone and invented something else new!

Parallel Velcro Recliner

Thanks for clearing that up, DAW.

Laura

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2009, 12:52:53 PM »

In local new:
The jurors report they have verdicts on 85 of the 87 counts against the "Serial Shooter."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »

elmore, spill the damn beans.

I'm not being coy. I said too much already.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I need a nap.  Well, I would like to take a nap.  Instead, however, I believe I will head out shortly and take a brief walk.  Then I'll nap.  ;)

In the meantime...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »

DR MBarnum - I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip to L.A. -Are your plane tickets refundable?  Even partially?  You may want to check with your credit card company to see if they automatically offer any sort of travel insurance.  Otherwise, the airline should be able to provide you with some sort of credit that you could apply to a future trip.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2009, 01:13:03 PM »

It couldn't be a more miserable day here. Well, I guess it could be if it were sleeting and the roads were impassable. Otherwise, it's cold and wet and just awful. The rain has stopped for the moment (it was just misting when I came out of the grocery store), but it's just SO different from earlier in the week when I was tempted to wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Not today!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2009, 01:16:07 PM »

I watched Wednesday night's CSI: NY while I ate lunch. Robert Gant was the primary guest star, and he was very effective. Loved seeing him on the show. I think producers are foolish for not snapping him up to be a regular on some series.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »

Then, I began watching ANDY RICHTER CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE. I got 7 episodes watched this afternoon. (There are 19 in all; the show ran part of two seasons). It started out as a Walter Mitty-type show, but there are fewer flights of fancy as the series has progressed. Now it's just a quirky comedy.

And it didn't run on NBC; it was a Fox series.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »

So...My first 48 hours in Charleston have most certainly been "full".

After I got in Wednesday afternoon, I went ahead and headed to Harris Teeter to stock up on groceries and stuff for the apartment. As luck would have it, almost all of the food items I needed and wanted to buy were on sale or were part of some sort of "VIC" ("Very Important Customer") special.  I managed to save about $40 off the regular prices. The company also provided me with a bunch of the basic cleaning supplies, and it was nice just to bypass those aisles.

I'm still without cable TV or internet at the apartment, but they're supposed to be installed Tuesday morning - which really isn't that far away.  Thankfully, a couple of the Resident Artists have apartments equipped with DVRs, so I'll be able to watch my usual line-up of shows somehow or another.  -Although, at this point, the only two shows that are "must-see, must-not-miss" for me are "Lost" and "Ugly Betty".  -And I can also watch both of those online.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »

I also listened to the commentaries with two of the episodes on disc one. The first commentary was for the pilot, and it was interesting hearing how various people got cast and what scenes were shot and cut. The third episode on the disc (I don't think the episodes are in the order of production) also had a commentary, but it was less interesting; Richter and the show's creator/head writer had pretty much shot their wad on the pilot as far as comments.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2009, 01:21:17 PM »

It couldn't be a more miserable day here. Well, I guess it could be if it were sleeting and the roads were impassable. Otherwise, it's cold and wet and just awful. The rain has stopped for the moment (it was just misting when I came out of the grocery store), but it's just SO different from earlier in the week when I was tempted to wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Not today!

It's a bit "cooler" here today in Charleston too.  As was yesterday.  Rain is supposed to move in sometime tonight, but it should clear up by Tuesday.  -Which is perfect timing since, due to the performance schedule of the Resident Artists (RAs), will be my first almost-totally free/off day here in Charleston.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2009, 01:22:48 PM »

I doubt I'll be able to finish the rest of the episodes tonight (though since I can't see GHOST WHISPERER and FLASHPOINT, I'll have all evening), but I'll go as far as I can and maybe stop around 10 and watch another show from the DVR; maybe SUPERNATURAL.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »

It's a bit "cooler" here today in Charleston too.  As was yesterday.  Rain is supposed to move in sometime tonight, but it should clear up by Tuesday.  -Which is perfect timing since, due to the performance schedule of the Resident Artists (RAs), will be my first almost-totally free/off day here in Charleston.

My brother and a couple of other relatives went to the Citadel, so Charleston and I are old friends. My first partner also lived there for quite a few years. One of my late aunts lived on the Isle of Palms.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:37 PM »

Well, I am definately not going to Los Angeles in April as planned. And I just can't afford it right now. And I was looking so foward to seeing Mamie Van Doren in the flesh.

I am so sorry to hear this Mike.  I know how much you were looking forward to this trip
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

I did attend the "Director's Circle" opening night presentation of Picasso at the Lapin Agile last night.  It was a very good production of a very quirky play.  The RAs handled the script very well, and there were some very nice directorial touches too.

Since it was their "Director's Circle" night, they had a pre-show reception and a post-show reception. Wine, beer, soft drinks, and light hors d'oeuvres were served before the show.  After the show, there was more wine, beer, and soft drinks as well as a très grand brie en croute (with caramelized onions and picholine olives), paté de foie gras, lots of baguette slices with various spreads, as well as an omelet station and a crepe station.  -All French food to go with the French setting of the play.  Even the hors d'oeuvres were served on artist palettes.

*And the caterer tipped me off to a couple of her favorite restaurants too.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »

DR vixmom - good news, but sorry you have to wait so long.  Did you ask if you could be put on a list for notification of a cancellation?

Well I wanted to wait for an afternoon appointment as well since I am starting back to work next week I want as few interuptions to the schedule as possible.  I know I am going to have to take time off for various tests and things that have already been scheduled
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up