Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD ACTOR!  (Read 52650 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: GOOD ACTOR!
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2009, 01:32:09 PM »

What happened in 1900 that made it so interesting?

Well, for one thing, DR elmore3003 graduated from college!     ;)

He is timeless ....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »

I cannot stay here and exchange pleasantries with our DR singdaw or whatever the hell his new nom de plume may be. I've got calls of a similar nature to make elsewhere.

Norm de plume??? ;)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »

Good day one and all!

Great notes bk!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »

I did "discover" the Mount Pleasant Towne Centre earlier this afternoon.  It's one of those malls that isn't set up like a traditional, enclosed mall, but would provide a better shopping experience if it was set up like a traditional enclosed mall.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »

I did attend the "Director's Circle" opening night presentation of Picasso at the Lapin Agile last night.  It was a very good production of a very quirky play.  The RAs handled the script very well, and there were some very nice directorial touches too.

Since it was their "Director's Circle" night, they had a pre-show reception and a post-show reception. Wine, beer, soft drinks, and light hors d'oeuvres were served before the show.  After the show, there was more wine, beer, and soft drinks as well as a très grand brie en croute (with caramelized onions and picholine olives), paté de foie gras, lots of baguette slices with various spreads, as well as an omelet station and a crepe station.  -All French food to go with the French setting of the play.  Even the hors d'oeuvres were served on artist palettes.

*And the caterer tipped me off to a couple of her favorite restaurants too.

That sounds like fun!  I would have been hovering around the crepe station.

I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when there were some restaurants called Le Crepe that I used to go to as often as I could.

There was one on Long Island in Massapequa  (home of the Baldwin boys, Jessica Hahn, Joey Buttafuco , Jerry Seinfeld and two of of my  former boyfriends amongst other notorious people ) and one in NYC (by the Met if I remember correctly)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:50:11 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2009, 01:41:41 PM »

DR vixmom - I'm sure you'll be all set to head back to work on Monday.  -Will you be brown-bagging your lunch or "can"-ing it?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

I did attend the "Director's Circle" opening night presentation of Picasso at the Lapin Agile last night.  It was a very good production of a very quirky play.  The RAs handled the script very well, and there were some very nice directorial touches too.

Since it was their "Director's Circle" night, they had a pre-show reception and a post-show reception. Wine, beer, soft drinks, and light hors d'oeuvres were served before the show.  After the show, there was more wine, beer, and soft drinks as well as a très grand brie en croute (with caramelized onions and picholine olives), paté de foie gras, lots of baguette slices with various spreads, as well as an omelet station and a crepe station.  -All French food to go with the French setting of the play.  Even the hors d'oeuvres were served on artist palettes.

That sounds like fun!  I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when there were some restaurants called Le Crepe that I used to go to as often as I could.

There was one on Long Island in Massapequa  (home of the Baldwin boys, Jessica Hahn, Joey Buttafuco , Jerry Seinfeld and two of of my  former boyfriends amongst other notorious people ) and one in NYC (by the Met if I remember correctly)

The next time you're in the City, you may want to check out one of the locations of Creperie.  They're basically order-at-the-counter and wait operations, but they make great crepes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »

OK... Time to walk, then nap.  Or just walk. or just nap.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »

DR vixmom - I'm sure you'll be all set to head back to work on Monday.  -Will you be brown-bagging your lunch or "can"-ing it?

I am only going to work 9 - 1 so I will not be having lunch at the office.  It takes me up to a half hour to eat a single piece of toast and sometimes I make the most unpleasant noises as I atttempt to swallow my food so I would not subject anyone to that.

I also would not subject anyone to watching me tube feed myself.  I think it looks gross and disgusting although both the Vixter and Vixdad have told me it's "cool".
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 02:02:02 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

That sounds like fun!  I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when there were some restaurants called Le Crepe that I used to go to as often as I could.

The next time you're in the City, you may want to check out one of the locations of Creperie.  They're basically order-at-the-counter and wait operations, but they make great crepes.

Once I can eat normally again I think I will have to visit there!  I do love well made crepes!

I have tried in the past to make them myself but I dontl seem to have the touch that keeps them from getting tough and rubbery.  Of course I haven't tried to make one in years- maybe I should think about trying it again....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »

Picked up a package and some mail and shall now shower.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2009, 02:09:22 PM »

I'll write for a little while and then head back downstairs to continue with tonight's viewing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »

Congrats Cilla on your win....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »

Vibes to Vixmom!!

Kerry

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »

Last night I was opening a jar of pickled herring, and while removing the sealed protective cover (as it is a well known fact that people try to poison pickled herring ---apparently), I spilled quite a bit of pickled herring juice on the floor of my kitchen.  The house was MOST fragrant for many hours.  OY!
I like boat races.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »

Media Check....

CD: Liz Calloway, The Chieftains and the soundtrack for Tristan and Isolde

VHS: Madness of George III (I will be watching Secret of Roan Inish later tonight)

DVD: The Far pavilions..... 

For some odd reason I am all of a sudden intrigued with British Colonial movies such as Jewel in the Crown, Flame Trees of Thika and others.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »

When my nephew was young, he used to call pickled herring ..... Pickled Harry!

DAW

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »

DR Kerry, perhaps you should have picked a peck of pickled peppers instead.    ;)

Laura

« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »

Trying to attract even MORE cats to your house, Kerry?

td

• td
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2009, 02:39:33 PM »

If Kerry's house attracts more felines, will it become a cathouse?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

vixmom

« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2009, 02:43:07 PM »

Me: Good morning; (Name of church).
Telephone solicitor: May I speak to whoever is in charge there?
Me: God isn't able to take phone calls. But you don't need to go through me to talk to Him.
Telephone solicitor: Oh. Um. Ok.  (hangs up)

I love this Laura!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »

Me: Good morning; (Name of church).
Telephone solicitor: May I speak to whoever is in charge there?
Me: God isn't able to take phone calls. But you don't need to go through me to talk to Him.
Telephone solicitor: Oh. Um. Ok.  (hangs up)

I love this Laura!!

That's hysterical!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Today was Hospital Visitation Day. The friend I am staying with became ill a few nights ago. Thinking it was that horrible virus that's been going around, I wasn't too worried. Yesterday morning he went to the doctor and they put him right into the hospital. He's doing better now, fortunately, but I still went over to visit. My doctor's husband, who helps with her practice, had surgery earlier in the week at the same hospital. I stopped by to say hi to him as well.

Aside from fielding phone calls from relatives, I am now Chief Dog Walker. Said dog is a Siberian Husky, a well-mannered dog, but strong enough to pull me down if he decides to chase. I am emulating Caesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer), and attempting to not become "accident-prone" like our DR Jane.  ;)

DAW

« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

Steven Suskin's book on Broadway orchestration.

In which, our modest DR elmore3003 neglects to mention, he receives two noteworthy citations!     :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2009, 03:03:09 PM »

Jennifer, I too have been having trouble with the time change this year. I didn't in the past. One person I know suggested that it might have something to do with the full moon.

DAW

« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »

Wow, DR Jeanne.  ***VIBES*** to you and to all your ailing friends and hosts!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »

Wow, DR Jeanne.  ***VIBES*** to you and to all your ailing friends and hosts!!!

Thank you, Sing. We're all coping.

Great progress from Vixmom! Hope you can continue eating normal food and keep getting betterer and betterer!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »

Time to feed the beast!

TTFN.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »

~~~Vibes for DR Jeanne and Friends!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2009, 03:20:23 PM »

Well, I did indeed take a nice walk. Since there are no sidewalks along the access roads in this here part of town, I just drove over to the Whole Foods and walked around there for a while. Up and down each aisle.  I didn't buy anything, but I made a lot of mental notes for possible future purchases.  It's a very "basic" Whole Foods - no in-store smoke-house, no in-store wine bar, a smallish bakery and prepared foods section.  However, they do have an in-store brick oven pizza station.

*I am such the child of food-service parents - and amateur food stylist: as I was walking by the salad and prepared food bars, I would occasionally "pretty up" the trays by giving them a good stir and/or rearranging the food so that everything was being properly cooled or warmed.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up