Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD ACTOR!  (Read 52665 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: GOOD ACTOR!
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »

I am imagining DR Jose in a "basic" Whole Foods, tsk-tsking because there is NOOO in-store smoke-house or wine bar (Ye Gods!!) even though they DO have their own brick pizza oven. Jose is SUCH a foodie!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2009, 06:04:14 PM »

My humble dinner is now ready.

Good night!

DAW

« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »

bk, glad you were able to trounce the b*st@rd.    :)

Ben

« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2009, 06:28:10 PM »

I just have to say that Jon Stewart is f*****g BRILLIANT! I hope he wins another Peabody award. I just watched (on-line) the Stewart/Cramer smackdown and when I wasn't laughing I was highly impressed at how articulate Stewart was at expressing the anger of the "regular" guy.

There is also a VERY funny bit about Kevin Bacon and those famous Six Degrees. Click on Bern After Pleading at

The Daily Show

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2009, 06:30:13 PM »

I just had the funniest London phone call from Kim Criswell; she makes me laugh.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »

I just have to say that Jon Stewart is f*****g BRILLIANT! I hope he wins another Peabody award. I just watched (on-line) the Stewart/Cramer smackdown and when I wasn't laughing I was highly impressed at how articulate Stewart was at expressing the anger of the "regular" guy.

There is also a VERY funny bit about Kevin Bacon and those famous Six Degrees. Click on Bern After Pleading at

The Daily Show

I read about this earlier today.  I'm going to watch the re-broadcast tonight at 8:00.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »

I just had the funniest London phone call from Kim Criswell; she makes me laugh.

I LOVE Kim Criswell!!  But you already knew that, Elmore...didn't you? :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2009, 06:32:12 PM »

Of course, I've never met her.  I just know her from her recordings, which I LOVE!! ;D

George

« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »

And now, I must leave.  I have a coupon for Borders to get 40% off two DVD "box sets" and I need to find two box sets that I want.  And you have to buy two sets to get the 40% discount.  You can't buy just one. :P We'll see if I get anything.

Until later!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2009, 06:37:00 PM »

I LOVE Kim Criswell!!  But you already knew that, Elmore...didn't you? :D

I do indeed! She's going to be playing the Mother Abbess in THE SOUND OF MUSIC in Paris at the Theatre du Chatelet in December. She was trying out ways to say "what is it, Maria, you can't face?"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »

I had that game when I was a kid

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2009, 06:50:43 PM »

Congratulations on your win Cilla!  That Gabe is a cutie!

Thanks Vixmom.  I was very excited to learn I will be seeing Gabe tomorrow.  I haven't seen him since August, so it will be great. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2009, 06:52:55 PM »

In local new:
The jurors report they have verdicts on 85 of the 87 counts against the "Serial Shooter."

I would think 85 death sentences would be enough

Laura

« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »

In local new:
The jurors report they have verdicts on 85 of the 87 counts against the "Serial Shooter."

There were assorted charges of murders and multiple counts of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault, drive-by shooting, firearms charges, cruelty to animals and arson.

Early on, they were shooting dogs and horses. The police said then they were worried because people who do that usually progress to shooting people. They were right.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2009, 07:48:23 PM »

Thanks to all who sent vibes.

--his name is Bandit--

Jeanne Quest, little seen mother of Jonny.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »

The Daily Show

Absolutely--I watched that "live" last night in complete and utter awe at Stewart's genius.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »

In local new:

There were assorted charges of murders and multiple counts of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault, drive-by shooting, firearms charges, cruelty to animals and arson.

Early on, they were shooting dogs and horses. The police said then they were worried because people who do that usually progress to shooting people. They were right.

I assumed that there were all sorts of counts.  I also assumed he would be convicted, as he should have been.  And you are right, animal cruelty usually progresses to human cruelty - if it isn't happening at the same time. 

I was sort of joking about the 85 death sentences.  Probably not too funny, but I'm assuming he'll get death on the murder counts and as I recall the sentencing code in Arizona he'll definitely be leaving prison in a box.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2009, 08:12:19 PM »

I guess I should be glad the local CBS affiliate showed ACC basketball all evening so I didn't have to interrupt my work project. Since I watched non-stop, I was able to watch the remaining 12 episodes that I hadn't already watched so I could finish the disc set tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2009, 08:15:43 PM »

There were also two bonus features on the set (along with the comentaries which I had already listened to).

In the first, the creator and the five lead actors remembered fond stories about making the series. They've all aged very well in the past six years. Of course, Padget Brewster is on CRIMINAL MINDS now. The others, I guess, do guest work. I know I've seen them in various roles over the years.

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2009, 08:16:56 PM »

The other bonus feature was a throwaway segment in which each of the five wondered what the universe would be like IF Andy Richter did indeed control it. And then, what would the universe be if he or she controlled it. Nothing of great interest was generated.

Laura

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »

They said he could serve the sentences consecutively. Honestly, we don't want him ever to be out again.

These guys struck late at night to early in the morning. They kept me from going for morning walks. One of their victims was killed a quarter mile from my coffee place.

The trial started in early September. I should think those jurors would want to go on with their lives.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 08:28:00 PM by Laura »

Laura

« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2009, 08:26:11 PM »

Tomorrow I am going on a butterfly walk with butterfly experts. Perhaps I will have a photo or two to share.

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »

They said he could serve the sentences consecutively. Honestly, we don't want him ever to be out again.

The trial started in early September. I should think those jurors would want to go on with their lives.

I can't even fathom a trial lasting that long.  Did they go all day or do they still just do afternoons?

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »

These guys struck late at night to early in the morning. They kept me from going for morning walks. One of their victims was killed a quarter mile from my coffee place.

There is no way they will get anything other than consecutive sentences.  They won't get out again, I wouldn't worry about that

Laura

« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »

I assume all day.

Laura

« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »

Some of their victims still have shot pellets (or whatever you call them; I don't know from guns) still embedded in their bodies and will always have physical problems. Not to mention psychological ones. They paralyzed the one who just had a stroke recently.

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »

That's really sad. 

On another sad court case related note, there was a case in federal court here about the butter additive to microwave popcorn and how it made one of the workers at the factoty ill.  The jury deliberated 6 days and awarded nearly 8 million dollars to the plaintiff.  Unfortunately he died the night before the jury returned

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »

I'm going to write for a little bit and then head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

George

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

Time to go back to a previous avatar. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »

Back from judging and then Musso and Frank with the divoon Karen Morrow and Susan Egan.  More in the notes.  I'm eating the most extraordinary caramels I've ever eaten - homemade by AMDA teacher and wonderful B'way performer Jane Lanier.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up