Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKELY STORIES  (Read 57858 times)

Cillaliz

Re: LIKELY STORIES
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2009, 10:08:37 PM »

I am really giving myself peptalks... The river is near 30 feet . Up nearly 5 feet since this morning.

Dakota, do you have an evacuation plan?  Do you know where you can go if you have to?  I hear that the river will probably crest at 40 feet

Cillaliz

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2009, 10:10:25 PM »

For any DR watching CBS tonight...

-Did you see Patti LuPone in the commercial for CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes?  ::)

Is that the one where she says, "WHAT do YOU think is in YOUR colon?!?!"

And if you'd like to enter the Sweepstakes - the prize is a trip to New York for a colonoscopy! And a three-night stay at the Loews Regency.  Hmm...

Welcome to the CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes

And Heres Patti!

According to the rules you have 3 nights and 4 days including the night before the procedure, but you also have to be examined by their physician 1-2 days before the procedure.  So, while a trip to New York would be nice, doesn't look like you'd have much time to enjoy anything.

Well, since you're there primarily for the colonoscopy... Which includes taking that "special" liquid the day before... You're not supposed to enjoy much of anything.  ;)

But you do have to sign releases for publicity and liability.  You may end up on TV. I guess you'd really have to want you 15 minutes of fame to get there that way

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »

Looks like my office will be closed tomorrow.  Edith called and her mother-in-law died tonight.  She's been hanging on for over a week and the family has been at the hospital.  So, she's taking tomorrow off to help her husband with the things that need to be done.  I think I'm just going to let the office be closed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2009, 10:19:17 PM »

Tonight I got a bit of the cleaning bug, but have major plans for tomorrow.

One of the antique captain's chairs that my mom gave me was splitting down the middle of the seat, so I got out the gorilla glue and a clamp and fixed that.  After it dried I decided to wipe the chair with lemon oil (very good for wood) and that led to oiling my kitchen cupboards (made them look like new) and the antique pie safe, and a couple other antique pieces, and the door, and the railing for the stairway.... I finally stopped myself, but man does that stuff make the old wood glow.  It's a little oily to the touch right now, but by morning it will all have soaked in and will still look great. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »

DR Dakota, they are saying this may exceed the 1997 flood stage of 40.1 feet (you probably know this) Did your apartment building flood back then?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »

Notes are written.  And now I can do whatever I please, and what I please is to take a nice hot shower.

Cillaliz

« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »

Night

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2009, 11:06:58 PM »

You can have the snow, DR CILLA LIZ.

Super vibes for DR DAKOTA CELT. 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2009, 11:07:21 PM »

Hmmmmm - maybe I will watch a dee vee dee.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2009, 11:07:35 PM »

I am really giving myself peptalks... The river is near 30 feet . Up nearly 5 feet since this morning.

Dakota, do you have an evacuation plan?  Do you know where you can go if you have to?  I hear that the river will probably crest at 40 feet

Yes, I do... I would head up north on 29 or west on 94 and pick up 18 to go north

Several bridges are already closed.

I got no water in 97 but right now I feel somewhat good about that but you never now. EVery flood is different.

You mentioned that Red Cross was ending a vehicle up. I am wondering what detour they will take. Hiway 75 out of Breckenridge is closed as is I29 north of Wahpeton
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »

DR Dakota, they are saying this may exceed the 1997 flood stage of 40.1 feet (you probably know this) Did your apartment building flood back then?
We did not have water but you never know.. Different variables could come into play..

I do have to say one thing and god bless them. The college students in the three area colleges have really stepped up to the plate in this fight. It is heartwarming to see
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2009, 11:17:05 PM »

I've seen them on the weather channel filling sand bags.  I did that for 2 months in the summer of 93 when we had our terrible floods. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2009, 11:18:06 PM »

Take care Dakota.

Now I'm really going to sleep

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »

Just wanted to say goodnight to everyone.

I am about to order my cd's too.

Enjoyed reading all of today's posts.  Wish I had the energy to respond.  Monday's are always busy at work for me. 

See you tomarrow.   Happy Tuesday to everybody.

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up