Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A BRAND NEW WEKK  (Read 48309 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:A BRAND NEW WEKK
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2004, 02:53:34 PM »

Or Tom Green's rights?  Or Theresa Graves' rights?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 02:53:59 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2004, 02:56:24 PM »

I would have assumed that it was Tom Guest's right!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2004, 03:00:25 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I tried to post earlier, but I accidentally closed the window, so... Ah, well... -And I've also been feeling a bit out of sorts today.  A very slight stomach ache, and a very slight headache (feels like my sinuses).  However, when I finally stepped out of my apartment, I found that it was/is a glorious day outside!  Warm!  Of course, tomorrow the rain and cold - and possible snow - is due back, so...

I'll post some highlights of my NYC excursion - I also ended up seeing Wonderful Town as well as Gypsy... reviews and comments to follow later...  However, the biggest laugh of my trip...

I was walking around Times Square after the show, and saw three girls on the corner of 48th and 7th Ave pointing to various signs, looking at various buildings, and just confused and frustrated...  in other words, lost.  So, being the good samaritan I like to be, I went up to them and asked them what they were looking for, where were they trying to go... -drumroll please...

"Do you know where the Starbucks is?"

-trying to stifle a big laugh, and not look too incredulous, "Which one?"

"The big one."

Well... I pointed out the one they had just passed, as well as the one a block down and a block over, etc., etc., etc...  Hopefully, they didn't have to check out all 18 Starbucks in the immediate Times Square area... of course, only about 3 of them are the "big ones". ;)

Well, I think I'm gonna take a nap before dinner...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2004, 03:02:33 PM »

Also: The plane will be departing momentarily.

I don't know if it's a Canadian thing, but over the years I've heard too many people say:

drownded
boughten
and
(I kid you not)
Massatusetts

And what about "you guyses?"  I cringe every time I hear that. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2004, 03:02:43 PM »

1 Added just for BK's benefit, because he hates grammar.  We should all attempt to do violence to grammar (But not to Gramma!) occasionally, just to please him.
Now, what has Kelsey Grammar ever done to either of you?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2004, 03:15:24 PM »

And what about "you guyses?"  I cringe every time I hear that. :P

"Anyways" is another. Also: "in regards to."

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2004, 03:18:36 PM »

"I could care less" when the speaker really means to say "I could not care less."
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2004, 03:33:55 PM »

Well, Maya, you're Elaine Paige experience is similar to mine.  Good, competent work but nothing daring, dangerous, or new.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2004, 03:34:42 PM »

I appeared at the Kimmel Center (NYU) the Wednesday before last.

A week from Sunday, I'm teaching songwriting for Artistic New Directions.  It's only $20 in case anyone's interested.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2004, 03:49:03 PM »

Yes, what is TG rights? I am baffled!  

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2004, 03:51:52 PM »

Has anyone seen Steve Martin's adaptation of THE UNDERPANTS at the Geffen? (I really had to resist writing "Has anyone seen Steve Martin's UNDERPANTS at the Geffen?")

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2004, 03:57:41 PM »

Before I read all your lovely postings for the day I must say

MY PACKAGE ARRIVED!!! :) :)  :)

The cover is beautiful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2004, 03:59:50 PM »

Well, start reading the book if you want to win our contest.  Handy-dandy sparkling prize to the first who finishes (honor system, of course, and don't RUSH through it).

Jane

« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2004, 04:05:11 PM »

Since JoseS is about, this is for you, dear:

This is a picture from a Cukraszda
Cukraszda means Cafe where many kinds of pastry are sold as well as ice cream, coffee, and tea. The pastries are AWESOME, and I haven't had better ice cream than in Hungary. You need to find those ecpecially great places for the ice cream, but I garantee that you will keep going back there.

der Brucer (who is preparing a pedant-attack on Panni and came across this great pic while doing research)

I will fill in my name.  Is this what I can expect in Hungary?  I want it so bad I'm alsmost in tears.  :D It doesn't help that I'm very hungry at the moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2004, 04:15:20 PM »

Has anyone seen Steve Martin's adaptation of THE UNDERPANTS at the Geffen? (I really had to resist writing "Has anyone seen Steve Martin's UNDERPANTS at the Geffen?")

The show got great reviews in New York,  I mussed it, but wanted to see it very much.  I hearit's quite a funny farce.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2004, 04:16:31 PM »

And I missed it, too.  I play piano as badly as I type.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2004, 04:22:32 PM »

Beware one and all, all and one... those nozzles (one of my favorite epithets) who harvest our e-mail addresses for their virus-spreading pleasure are seemingly at it again.  I recieved an e-mail a little while ago from kritzerland@yahoo.com, which looks very much to be one of these.  Naturally, I simply deleted the thing instantly, but wanted to let all y'all know that "they're baaaaaack."

When I first registered here, I also received a few odd pieces of spam.  I've since altered my e-mail address in my profile to include a "Remove" phrase, which is discernable enough to delete in the event that anyone would actually want to e-mail me but will prevent any spammers using harvesting bots from doing so.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2004, 04:23:10 PM »

Good evening all!

Guess what I got in the mail today?  Three guesses and the first two won’t count.  No, not my Michael Ball tickets.  Give up?  Why I got a book and a CD and not just any book or CD but my very own (and I can say that because it  is personalized to me and me alone) copy of.........Kritzer Time!

I have decided not to save the book and take it with me on my trip.  I’m to afraid I might lose it or have something awful happen to it.  As soon as I finish Dragon Heart–got bothered all through lunch again, Kritzer Time shall be next.  So it is written, so shall it be done!

Joke of the day:

A lady who loves to read goes on vacation with her husband who loves to fish.  Well, each day, her husband goes out on the lake and comes home about sunset while she reads to her hearts content.  

One day, he comes back early saying the fish aren’t biting and he’s tired so he’s going in to take a nap.  She looks at the boat and lake and it looks so nice she takes her book, rows out to the middle of the lake where she lays back and starts to read.

A Park Ranger pulls up beside her and says, “Ma’am, you can’t fish in this part of lake.  It’s not allowed.”  She tells him she’s NOT fishing, she’s reading.  He tells her, “Well, ma’am, I’m going to have to arrest you.”  She asks him, “Why?”.  “Well, you have all the equipment TO fish and how do I know that minute I leave you WOULD fish?”  

She tells him, “Fine, arrest me but I’m going to charge you with sexual assault .”  

“What!”, he says, “I haven’t TOUCHED you!”

“No,” She replies. “But you have all the equipment And how do I know you wouldn’t?”  

Da Dum Da

DR WFO: I remember that.  I meant to say something about “Spoo” some time back but it never made it from my head to my typing fingers.  I think the Narns were very fond of “Spoo” as well.

Opps or should I say sppo?   I see where you posted the whole background on “Spoo”.  I never picked up that they were creatures.  I thought it was a pudding.  Duh!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 04:33:44 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2004, 04:29:33 PM »

I think Charles and Jane would win.

Oh no, the pressure is on now.  ;D That is a big book to read under the covers, so as not to disturb Keith, with a flashlight.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2004, 04:30:03 PM »

Wait, hasn't Charles already read the book?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2004, 04:43:17 PM »

Pogue has read the book.  Everyone who ordered theirs is now in the running for a sparkling prize.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2004, 05:15:22 PM »

The cheeseburger at Stat's really was the best-EVER!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2004, 05:30:39 PM »

We received our copy of Kritzer Time, and the cd, today.  Or rather, der Brucer received his copy, from the author's inscription.  The other two Kritzer books belong to both of us, since the author wrote the inscription to both of us, but this is der Brucer's and der Brucer's alone.

Good disc, by the way.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »

Pogue has read the book.  Everyone who ordered theirs is now in the running for a sparkling prize.
The prize is a squirt of soda?

td

• td
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2004, 05:43:31 PM »

TG rights?  Is that Trans-gender rights?  Or Tammy Grimes rights?

Since when would my dear buddy, and dear reader, TCB want the rights to Tammy Grimes?   :o
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2004, 05:45:17 PM »

I would have assumed that it was Tom Guest's right!

Now, THAT makes sense.   ;D
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2004, 05:54:54 PM »

Sorry, S. Woody, you have to be specific on the order form - I wasn't sure what the deal was, so I just made it to him.  Stick your name on there, or, when you've finished it, send it back and I'll do another inscription for you.

Panni

« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2004, 06:01:25 PM »

I want der Brucer's Hungarian pastries for supper.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2004, 06:02:25 PM »

Am I misinformed?  Isn't there a chat tonight?

Panni

« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2004, 06:06:31 PM »

Variety headlines from today:

'CHRIST' STILL ALMIGHTY
(Passion once again is #1. Mel so far is going to pocket $350 million.)

JACKSON BACK ON BOOB TUBE
(Janet is going to perform on Good Morning America)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up