Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT KIND OF FOOL AM I?  (Read 23974 times)

Ben

Re: WHAT KIND OF FOOL AM I?
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »

I didn't unpack last night when I got back. I didn't unpack when I got home from work. I took a nap instead. I will now unpack.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »

I have had to have several really strong telephonic conversations with the studio I'm using for the Ahmanson recording session tomorrow night.  When I booked the session I told them to get me a good engineer and that I had to speak with him well in advance of the session to make sure I was comfortable with him and that he understood the session vibe and also what my sound needs were.  I have yet to hear from him.  Furthermore, the Ahmanson folks sent him the material he'll load into ProTools - they Fed Exed it and it arrived yesterday and this engineer was supposed to let them know the material was okay because if something WASN'T okay today was the day it had to be dealt with.  This guy didn't listen to it as he was in a session, but assured them he would and would get back to them by end of yesterday or e-mail them.  He did neither.  As soon as I heard this earlier today, I got on the phone and turned into the BK most people would not want to be around.  The booking gal had left for the day (at one-thirty), so someone else called me and I was quite pointed in my remarks about this engineer's amateurism and lack of communication and they told me they were trying to get him on the phone.  Then the boss of the studio just called and said they'd get it taken care of and that this engineer would be calling as soon as they could get him on the phone.  I told them that I expected to hear from him within a couple of hours and that if they couldn't get him that I wanted another engineer booked immediately.  When these creep engineers do this sort of crap they make EVERYONE nervous and crazy - the Ahmanson comes to me because I make everything work smoothly and it's effortless - so this jerk has made me look bad and that's one thing I will not stand for.  They heard me loud and clear.

Michael

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »

It is now official. CBS announced today that after 72 years on the air The Guiding Light will end its run on September 18th. (Started on radio in 1934)

2008 logo

1977 logo

original logo. Somewhere along the way it dropped.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »

Is this a joke?  Fvie pages at 4:00 p.m.?  Is BK going through the posts and deleting every other one?  Hmmm, that would make for interesting reading.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:14 PM »

TOD: I sang in public once.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »

I have had to have several really strong telephonic conversations with the studio I'm using for the Ahmanson recording session tomorrow night.  When I booked the session I told them to get me a good engineer and that I had to speak with him well in advance of the session to make sure I was comfortable with him and that he understood the session vibe and also what my sound needs were.  I have yet to hear from him.  Furthermore, the Ahmanson folks sent him the material he'll load into ProTools - they Fed Exed it and it arrived yesterday and this engineer was supposed to let them know the material was okay because if something WASN'T okay today was the day it had to be dealt with.  This guy didn't listen to it as he was in a session, but assured them he would and would get back to them by end of yesterday or e-mail them.  He did neither.  As soon as I heard this earlier today, I got on the phone and turned into the BK most people would not want to be around.  The booking gal had left for the day (at one-thirty), so someone else called me and I was quite pointed in my remarks about this engineer's amateurism and lack of communication and they told me they were trying to get him on the phone.  Then the boss of the studio just called and said they'd get it taken care of and that this engineer would be calling as soon as they could get him on the phone.  I told them that I expected to hear from him within a couple of hours and that if they couldn't get him that I wanted another engineer booked immediately.  When these creep engineers do this sort of crap they make EVERYONE nervous and crazy - the Ahmanson comes to me because I make everything work smoothly and it's effortless - so this jerk has made me look bad and that's one thing I will not stand for.  They heard me loud and clear.

Where's Vinny?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

TOD: I sang in public once.

....and this is what you saw:

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »

Where's Vinny?

With Waldo.  And the cymbal player.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

Vinnie is too busy doing the Pro Tools rig for big movie dates.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »

You'd think with eleven people on the board there would be more postings, but the eleven turns to nine to seven to five - people just show up, read, and leave and I find it insufferably rude.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2009, 04:12:49 PM »

For example, I do believe S. Woody was just here - and then just left.  Someone explain it to me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2009, 04:13:13 PM »

Or is it some big April Fools joke?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »

However, where are the IDIOTS who've been telling us day in and day out that today would be the day when all our computers would be infected by a virus.  Those who understand these inane, stupid urban legends that happen year in and year out understand the stupidity of them - but so many people believed it it was amazing.  The media is responsible, but, gee, I haven't seen one of them apologize for their incorrect information. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »

You see how no one is posting?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2009, 04:15:50 PM »

I suggest we get a frenzy or three goin' on or I will become testier than I already am and I am REALLY testy because of this engineer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »

I have nothing to post.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2009, 04:18:45 PM »

I need to go the bank.  And this is most definitley NOT a joke!   :-\

Ah well....  ;D

Be back soon.
I like boat races.

td

• td
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »

I, who have nothing to post, will post nothing.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »

Great(?) news for Foodies!!!

Alice Waters Launches Frozen Line

;)

So... for $19.99, you get a terra-cotta plate that has been "rubbed with garlic and sprinkled with salt".  Plus a small bottle of olive oil.

Yummers.  I just love the taste of salty, garlicy terra-cotta.  It can get a little crunchy, of course, but I guess the olive oil will help wash it down.

Need I point out that Alice Waters is not, herself, a chef?  That she is a restaurant owner who has had to hire other chefs to make her famous?  And that she is famously jealous of the talents of those chefs, and constantly aggrandises herself to compensate?

(Need I point out that I am so not a member of the cult of Alice Waters?)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2009, 04:31:50 PM »

Here's a post (broken up over several ;)):  tonight I will again be seeing the local production of Jesus Christ Superstar.  Friends of mine had tickets that they couldn't use, so I went last week.  Hopefully, Jesus will actually sing for himself tonight. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2009, 04:32:23 PM »

It turned out that Jamie, the actor playing Jesus, had lost his voice.  I was speaking with Jamie's parents before the show and they told me that he was having voice troubles.  I mentioned that in Jekyll & Hyde, Linda Eder had lost her voice and Emily Skinner sang the part from off-stage while Linda lip-synched.  They quietly confirmed that the music director would sing from the pit while playing the piano and Jamie would mouth the words.  Oy. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:37:18 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2009, 04:33:04 PM »

DR TCB, I think BK's suggestion about a log might be a wonderful thing while you're at work on G&D.

I wish I had the ability to paint word pictures the way BK does.   I am afraid my journal entries would be very boring.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »

There was NOT an announcement before the show.  They just did it that way.  Some people noticed and others didn't.  During intermission (but not before the show), the woman selling tickets at the lobby desk was telling people what was going on.  I don't know how the performance went the day before, nor do I know how the Saturday night show and Sunday matinee went, but tonight is the first night back after two days off. 

George

« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »

Vocal Vibes for Jamie, tonight!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2009, 04:36:01 PM »

I'll be working on NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN on Blu-ray today, the next Collector's Edition. Eager to see what additional bonus features will get added to what was on last year's Blu-ray release.

Fascinating, but that is one film that I don't think I'll ever want to see again.  I felt splattered enough the first time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »

Hello my very dear friends! 

I wish I could tell you that I am home but that is still not the case.  I am still in waiting mode for the county and the state to do their thing.  Then I shall hire a lawyer to do his thing.

The good news is that today was Jeff's last day to respond to Consumer Protection (county) and I know that the state is also on the case.  It's just going to take time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Kerry

« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2009, 04:41:08 PM »

Well, I am home from the bank.  I can buy groceries now!   
I like boat races.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »

We are sorely lacking in Fool stories.

Here's another one:

First, I was born.

;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »

Danise :) Hi.  Now I will go back and read what your wrote.

Danise

« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »

I now have to carry the spray for under the tonge because the doctor thought I was very close to a heart attack or stroke but I can tell you that my stress levels have gone down now that I am with Sheena.

I still have to go for a stress test.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up