Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COMING WEE  (Read 17222 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE COMING WEE
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 08:33:29 AM »

DR DAW - As for your Twitter question from yesterday...  If you have protected your updates, the person who has requested to follow you will just simply not get any sort of notification from you.  However, if you are "Blocking" someone, then the next time that that person tries to Follow you, they will see a small pop-up - more like a "slide-down" - telling them that they have been blocked.

*If it makes it "easier" - You can put something in your Twitter bio about only Following people you already know, and that if anyone new wants to Follow you, then they must have an actual bio and/or website link in their Twitter profile.  You do not Auto-Follow, or Follow Blindly.  -I've seen some people do that, and if I come across one of those, I can forward their username to you.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 08:34:52 AM »

PAGE TWO MORNING AFTER THE CAST PARTY DANCE!!!

::)  ::) ::) ;)  ::)  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2009, 08:37:28 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Well... I shall have to think about that one as I go about my day today.  There are a few things that I'd like to do for just a day or two just to say that I've done them, but... Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

OK...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »

Here's a question for DR MattH or anyone else that knows. Is LIFE over for this season? OR are there any more episodes. NBC is really hard to figure out for that. And the episode guide list i check out does not have any more episodes listed. Thanks!

The next scheduled episode of LIFE is April 8th at 9pm on NBC.

And there is one more episode after that.

I hope this helps
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2009, 08:43:58 AM »

Good Morning Jose
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »

Good Morning!

I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2009, 08:55:37 AM »

I'm up, and probably just a little too late for the long jog - I'd have to be on the road in about five minutes and I'm just too groggy - so maybe when I get home from the event.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »

Great T.O.D.!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2009, 09:07:43 AM »

Here's a question for DR MattH or anyone else that knows. Is LIFE over for this season? OR are there any more episodes. NBC is really hard to figure out for that. And the episode guide list i check out does not have any more episodes listed. Thanks!

I believe this coming week's episode is the last produced for this season. LIFE has neither been canceled or renewed but is on the bubble and waiting for a decision by NBC (its chances are no better than fair). The fate of the show will be announced in May if not before.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »

Good morning!

I'm home safe and sound and want to say thank you for the good travel wishes that were sent out yesterday. We had a pleasant, uneventful trip. The days yesterday and today or pretty, but the mornings were cold and I didn't take a jacket with me. I'm sitting here now feeling chilly as I type, and I didn't bring a sweater or jacket into my office, but I wish I had. When I mow the grass in a few minutes, I'll not need anything to feel warm, I'm sure.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2009, 09:11:27 AM »

I believe this coming week's episode is the last produced for this season. LIFE has neither been canceled or renewed but is on the bubble and waiting for a decision by NBC (its chances are no better than fair). The fate of the show will be announced in May if not before.

Welcome back, MattHow was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »

Speaking of that, having read OUR AMERICAN COUSIN, I can say that it certainly adds support to the theory that Lincoln's death was actually a suicide.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »

For those who were interested SPIDER'S WEB is an Agatha Christie mystery play that is much more light-hearted than her big three stage hits: MOUSETRAP, TEN LITTLE INDIANS, and WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION. There is a murder, and the second act does have, as her plays usually do, some surprise revelations and the revelation of the murderer's true identity (it isn't who the audience is led to believe it is throughout the play). The play ends with the areest of the guilty party but then there is an additional scene with the husband and wife that is completely unnecessary and irritating, accomplishing nothing but dragging the play out about 10 minutes longer. That would be the first thing that needs to go.

The theater group had Americanized the play, resetting it in Washington, DC, I guess so the actors wouldn't have to deal with pesky British accents, though I thought maybe a bit of flavor was lost doing this. It was well cast, and I was proud of myself for guessing the murderer's true identity though the direction of the particular actor made his actions more obviously suspicious than they needed to be.

Still, it's a typical one set Christie mystery with no great demands on wardrobe and only a couple of stage props nececssary for the story (a desk with a hidden compartment; a wall treatment that reveals a secret alcove behind it).

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 09:17:21 AM »

Thank you, DR TCB. See above post.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »

TOD:

I've always wanted to own and drive a motorcycle. Why haven't I? I have very poor eyesight, and I've never trusted myself on the highway without the protection of steel around me.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »

I need to get off the computer now and get the front yard mowed and some lunch in me. Then it'll either be back to Hawaii for Jack Lord and friends or off to Paris to meet Gigi in high definition.

WBBL.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »

Last night I was telling my niece about Passover coming up. And I was telling her about the sedar and asking her if she'd like to hide some matzah. I told her the kids hide it and then the bubbie and the zaida give you money (or a treat).

So she turned to me and said, "can i hide two pieces of matzah?"

Hmmm… tradition for us is a bit different as an adult hides the matzoa (Afikomen) & a child finds it.  In our family only one child received the prize. 

“At every seder table, three pieces of matzah on a plate are covered with a special cloth, called a matzah cover. Early in the seder, before the retelling of the Passover story, the middle piece is taken out, held up for all to see, and then broken in half. The larger piece - the afikomen - is wrapped in a napkin, or placed in its own special bag, and hidden."

At the end of the Passover meal, all the children run to look for the afikomen. The winner gets a prize”
I always wondered how my father managed to hide the Afikomen without our seeing.  I remember the year I was the only child left to find it.  At one point during the Seder, during my first year of telling the story of Passover, everyone began chuckling.  I felt hurt until later when they explained what my father had been doing.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2009, 09:44:19 AM »

Here's a charoses recipe.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1930,150181-229198,00.html

I had forgotten about the whine.  Passover is not complete at our seders unless there's a little whine in the neurosis.
Here's a charoses recipe.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1930,150181-229198,00.html

I had forgotten about the whine.  Passover is not complete at our seders unless there's a little whine in the neurosis.

I loved making Charoses, no nuts or honey due to my allergies, lots of raisins, apples & wine.  Of course I had to sample it as I made it, and sample the wine. ;)  It was all so sweet & delicious.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: MOUE!
Colette pouted and said "I just can't cry any MOUE."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2009, 09:54:30 AM »

I fear the direction the show has taken will not work in its favor.  I can think of many other ways to have handled the real life pregnancy than what they did.  I'm holding out hope the next episode will prove me wrong.  Most of all, I don't like Crews new partner & don't understand why they didn't keep Stark as his temporary partner.  He was fun.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2009, 09:56:10 AM »

DR Matt H, I'm glad you had a pleasant time.  Sometimes it is nice to take a short trip & relax.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »

Speaking of that, having read OUR AMERICAN COUSIN, I can say that it certainly adds support to the theory that Lincoln's death was actually a suicide.
Assisted suicide, at that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

TOD

I can't help thinking I'd have been much happier if I'd started working in a market much earlier and dumped that damned insurance company.

But then, my life would be a lot different, and I'm not sure it would have been for the better.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2009, 10:44:10 AM »

I did the long jog and have shaved and showered and shall now be on my way to LACC.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2009, 10:47:25 AM »

Wind advisories in the NYC area...

Does this mean you are coming into the City today?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2009, 10:48:17 AM »

I just read a great description of a mediocre movie score:

"Not a particularly memorable score - it sounds like they paid [the composer] by the yard."
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2009, 10:48:31 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I feel so much better today, after a good night's sleep on our TempurPedic mattress.  At the conference, I'd slept on a sofa bed that wasn't very comfortable.

DR Ginny, you and Richard were the featured players in a strange dream I had about my Dad last night! You and Richard were living in the house on 122.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »

I'm back from my Toyland trek with the harmonies for one of Mr Ranes' numbers sketched out and I had a very pleasant 2-hour meeting with Mr John Vogel about the estate of the late John McGlinn. I think he's got a good plan of attack lined up and I believe the cleanup will be most efficient.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2009, 10:53:41 AM »

I am off to have lunch with friend, Carole.  Preceding lunch - an hour of slot machine play.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up