Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COMING WEE  (Read 17403 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE COMING WEE
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »

I'm at work now.  I came in earlier but had to leave for a while.  I attended a meeting of Theater Artists Olympia where we voted on our new by-laws.  They all passed with a few, minor changes.  The also announced their next season. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

George

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »

THEATER ARTISTS OLYMPIA (TAO) WILL DO

George

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2009, 02:25:04 PM »

THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X

George

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

HERE IN OLYMPIA NEXT SPRING!!!!!!

George

« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2009, 02:27:08 PM »

The other shows in their season will be "Misery" (based on the Stephen King book and the movie) at Halloween, "Poona the F*ckdog" (yes, this is a real play about a f*ckdog named Poona) will be their December alternative holiday fare and "Othello," which will be in the summer after "The Brain."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:54:31 PM by George »

George

« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »

And now, back to work I go.

Just thought I'd share. :)

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »

Remember the angel collection I told you about a while ago?  Well, it's all packed away now and I'm decorating the piano and shadow box for Easter.

Let me guess: nails and thorns everywhere?

Bunnies!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »

This week has been an up in a few ways.  Since Fall, Joe has been down physically and therefore down mentally too.  His ongoing disease EMS has been joined by high blood pressure, borderline diabetes, diverticulosis, and other polysyllables.  Then he injured himself in December doing his stretching exercises and has two slipped disks (which is why I was so please with Jose's link to Jerry Colker's website, since Jerry had two slipped disks and has evidently overcome the problem quite well--I am going to write to him).

About a month ago he got back into the daily stretching exercises with hopes of adding the half-hour walk once the weather clears up a bit.  He has tried to exercise in the morning when I'm at work--so my ears don't burn with all the cursing--and do housework before I get home.  It's a push, and he is aching everywhere and cramping all through the evening, but the sense of accomplishment keeps him smiling through it.

Every few days there is a down day, like today, when he cannot push beyond it and lies down most of the day, but they are few any more.  Wednesday, my day off, we put the den back together:

In September we replaced the sliding glass door in the back with a really nifty one by Pella.  We rolled up the rugs, moved the furniture, and all that stuff before the guy did the installation.  And we had never put the room back together.  Wednesday we did.  And Joe is a neat freak, remember.  He vacuumed several times, mopped the floor with the Swiffer three times, and then we marked the floor for the rug.  We had decided to move it closer to the fireplace, which involves, for him, triple measuring, putting down masking tape to mark the rug and couch placement, rolling out the pad, getting the bumps out, rolling out the rug, getting the bumps out, and vacuuming of the rug.  No small task with an 11"5x 16' Karastan oriental.

Of course, once we got done and were exhausted, Joe decided it would be better to move the couches closer to the fireplace.  Oy!  [Or as we say in Esperanto: Oj!]

But the good news is that the den looks like a den again, and Joe is smiling, and I am smiling.  It is really becoming rough, because even with the disease, he refinished our floors in the other house and painted all the rooms among other things, and now he just doesn't have the energy that he did.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 07:53:27 PM by William F. Orr »
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »

Remember the angel collection I told you about a while ago?  Well, it's all packed away now and I'm decorating the piano and shadow box for Easter.

Bunnies!

I have to say that since I was a kid, Easter has been my least favorite holiday!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »

Bunnies!

I have to say that since I was a kid, Easter has been my least favorite holiday!

Me, too.  I just never really "got" it...not being a religious person, at all. :-\

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for Joe, the DP of Our DR William F Orr! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »

VIBES TO JOE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2009, 02:56:04 PM »

~~~Vibes for DR WFO's DP Joe!!~~~

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »

Vibes to Joe!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »

Still waiting for the blizzard to arrive.  I'm doing laundry and picking up things around the house.  It's REALLY windy outside and a little rainy right now

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »

Right now I am so craving a spice drop! You know, those gum drops that are flavored anise, clove, cinnamon, etc? Right now I really want one. Or ten.

Laura

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

I really want a cup of coffee.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

DAW

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2009, 03:18:18 PM »

***ULTRA-STRENGTH HEALTH VIBES***
to DP Joe!!!

AND ***COPING VIBES*** to DR WFO!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

Did you order Acis and Galatea?

Sure did!    :)

DAW

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »

I love that chapter in David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day where he tries to explain "Easter" to his classmates in French.   Hysterical!    :D

FJL

« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »

Vibes of all sorts to Joe and to WFO

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »

DR jane when we were little we used to always hid the matzah and then get money.

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »

RE: LIFE and upcoming shows

I wasn't sure what was left. In my tv guide it shows this week as not being new (although there was no description). NBC's site was useless for me. And the epguides.com site which is always accurate for me does not have anything listed after last week.  Plus the canadian channel that shows it does not have anymore episodes listed!

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »

Vibes for Joe. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »

DR Jane re: LIFE and the direction the show has taken.

I agree with a lot of what you said. It seemed so out of the blue when his partner left. Although i will give them credit. You can barely tell she's pregnant (although she has not been seen very much from the waist down). I thought that whole storyline was so-so. I am okay with his new partner. Although she has taken a while to get used to. But she is not as good as the original.  That said, this week's "abduction" or whatever happened to reese has been quite interesting.
I am very curious to see what happens.

FJL

« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2009, 03:51:02 PM »

As some of you know, Skip (along with several members of the Cooks Corner site run by the very delightful Marlene Newell) had been helping to test recipes for the new Michael Ruhlman book called RATIO.  It's so nice that Mr. Ruhlman acknowledged the testers, at the back of the book. 

Regarding Skip, on page 231 in the paragraph on Cook's Corner, Michael Ruhlman wrote:

"Skip Kennon, a composer and lyricist in Manhattan, was an eager and enthusiastic tester and commenter and I am especially grateful for his help."

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »

Very nice, DR FJL - congrats to Skip!

George

« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »

As some of you know, Skip (along with several members of the Cooks Corner site run by the very delightful Marlene Newell) had been helping to test recipes for the new Michael Ruhlman book called RATIO.  It's so nice that Mr. Ruhlman acknowledged the testers, at the back of the book. 

Regarding Skip, on page 231 in the paragraph on Cook's Corner, Michael Ruhlman wrote:

"Skip Kennon, a composer and lyricist in Manhattan, was an eager and enthusiastic tester and commenter and I am especially grateful for his help."

Congrats!  Very nice!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up