Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COMING WEE  (Read 17221 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE COMING WEE
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2009, 10:54:12 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Kerry

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2009, 10:57:31 AM »

TOD:
When I was 5 years old I wanted to be an oceanographer or a movie star.  I would still like to be an oceanographer (the archaeologist kind to study shipwrecks and their artifacts).
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I feel so much better today, after a good night's sleep on our TempurPedic mattress.  At the conference, I'd slept on a sofa bed that wasn't very comfortable.

DR Ginny, you and Richard were the featured players in a strange dream I had about my Dad last night! You and Richard were living in the house on 122.

Hmm, is it a ranch with a main-floor laundry?  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2009, 11:25:49 AM »

TOD  a meteorologist - and/or be on The Weather Channel.  I did fulfill this in a mini way by buying the "Weather person for a day" at a local NBC station in a fundraising auction.  It was fun.

I'd also love to do historical research - like the tv show where they research the history of objects for people.  History fascinates me and I may have gone that direction if I hadn't been discouraged by one of my history professors in college.  He had me teach the class for him one day when I was just a sophomore in college - he said I would be very good at being an historian but thought I'd be bored with history. Don't know why I listened to him.

anyway, I have done geneology research and do lots of research for my cases, so it isn't what I dreamed about, but it is an aspect of what I do. I've also volunteered at museums both the Iowa Great Lakes Maritime Museum and the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center.  I also took clases on Sioux City history and the Lewis and Clark expedition (they came through here twice). 

Our museum here is moving to a new location that will be huge compared to what it is now. I'm thinking about seeing if I can volunteer there from time to time
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:28:42 AM by Cillaliz »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I feel so much better today, after a good night's sleep on our TempurPedic mattress.  At the conference, I'd slept on a sofa bed that wasn't very comfortable.

DR Ginny, you and Richard were the featured players in a strange dream I had about my Dad last night! You and Richard were living in the house on 122.

Hmm, is it a ranch with a main-floor laundry?  ;)

At this point in time, it should only be a landfill!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2009, 11:33:59 AM »

DR Elmore - LOL!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2009, 11:36:20 AM »

Oh, boy, my life just gets more and more exciting.  My aunt just called to tell me that she has an appointment with the gastroenterologist on April 22 and needs transportation.

DAW

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »

Wind advisories in the NYC area...

Does this mean you are coming into the City today?

Oh hardy-har-har!    :)

DAW

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »

Preceding lunch - an hour of slot machine play.

I thought Arvide was against gambling??

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »

Wind advisories in the NYC area...

Does this mean you are coming into the City today?

Oh hardy-har-har!    :)

I was wondering how long it would take you to respond! Did you order Acis and Galatea?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »

BK, re:  new helpers--I know how loathe you are sometimes to try "new" technologies, but as I (and several other DRs) have mentioned repeatedly, PayPal has a built in shipping label program that will do 95% of the work for you.  You don't need to do delivery confirmation, though with their electronic metering system it's a lot cheaper than if you get DC at the PO.  I use it all the time for stuff and it's easy, painless and you only pay for the cost of shipping (and paper to print out the shipping labels on).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Kerry

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2009, 01:10:20 PM »

BK, re:  new helpers--I know how loathe you are sometimes to try "new" technologies, but as I (and several other DRs) have mentioned repeatedly, PayPal has a built in shipping label program that will do 95% of the work for you.  You don't need to do delivery confirmation, though with their electronic metering system it's a lot cheaper than if you get DC at the PO.  I use it all the time for stuff and it's easy, painless and you only pay for the cost of shipping (and paper to print out the shipping labels on).

Such a deal!
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »

Greetings all.

It's a windy day in Manhattan. I ran some errands, got the laundry together for tomorrow and I will listen to Beverley at 5pm.

BTW, Hello Back to Michael!

Ben

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2009, 01:15:37 PM »

The one thing I would still love to do is have my own radio program. It's wonderful being a part of Showtime when it airs but I would love to have my own program, like Prairie Home Companion or one of the NPR/PRI kind of shows.

Ben

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »

It's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, getting into the high 60s with lots of sun. I will do the laundry and I may go out to Target in New Jersey to look at jeans. I need a new pair and the crap, excuse me, the jeans they have at Old Navy and the Gap look like they were taken out of a rag barrel. It makes me feel old. I don't want to wear jeans that have been artificially distressed (Old Navy shouldn't treat jeans as they would in a costume shop) and look dirty. I'm an old codger, I admit it. Also, I'm not going to pay $25 to $30 for the same dirty, distressed, ugly jeans. I can take the PATH Train to New Jersey and walk to Target and get nice, brand name jeans for $15.99. Of course I have to buy the wrong size because nobody sells inseams of 28 anymore, except on line, and I'm not going to buy jeans on-line because I want to try them on before I purchase them. Call me old-fashioned. Hey, I've been called worse  ;)

That's it for now. Didn't mean to rant but that stuff just comes out sometimes.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »

DR Matt H, I'm glad you had a pleasant time.  Sometimes it is nice to take a short trip & relax.

Thanks, DR Jane. Yes, you're right that it's good not to get in a rut and to change up the routine every now and then. My problem is that I LIKE ruts and love routine. It's there that I feel most relaxed and comfortable, believe it or not! It's when I leave my comfort zone that I tend to tense up at the unexpected.

However, this was a most pleasant night away from home without work pressures weighing down my good time. (I did not enjoy sleeping in a bed that wasn't mine, however.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »

And devastation, thy name is USPS. I still did not get GIGI today! Argh!

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »

Remember the angel collection I told you about a while ago?  Well, it's all packed away now and I'm decorating the piano and shadow box for Easter.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »

So, I went ahead and watched more HAWAII FIVE-O. One episode had Lew Ayers as a nuclear physicist dying from exposure to plutonium. Pretty good tension in this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »

Another had Jack Carter as a man dying of cancer taking bets on when he would die. Unusual premise for a robbery scenario.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:44 PM »

So, I still have about 10 episodes to go. I doubt I'll get them all done tonight, but I should get more than half of them done before the end of the evening.

If I find I have some free time tonight, I may try to get last night's FLASHPOINT watched.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »

Yesterday in the car, Evening Primrose.  What a joy to hear the entire schore in the original verses with all the dance music.  It is a crime against gazelles wearing earphones that this has been unavailable all these years.  On the way home, I started Anya.  Very different from Aherns and Flaherty's score to the animated film, and Constance Towers' interpretation is a bit different from Liz Calloway's.

Anastasia, tell me who you are.
Are you someone from a distant star?

The story is so great, too bad DNA evidence has proven she was not a Romanoff.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Ben

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »

Today In Theatre History: APRIL 4

(courtesy of Playbill On-Line)

1964 Anyone Can Whistle opens on Broadway but this tune carries just nine performances at Broadway's Majestic Theatre. Stephen Sondheim composes the songs and Arthur Laurents the story of this mayoress who tries to revive her town with a fake miracle.

Also, I don't think this was linked yet. It's the first of the month and time for

Leading Men

our own Mr. Nondorf's monthly column for PBO

and here is some "sad" news

Guinness Book of World Records

Sad in the fact that Perfect Crime is one of the worst pieces of crap I have ever seen in my entire theatre going history. I think I would rank it as possibly THE worst thing I have ever seen, and I've seen many things over the years.

I know that some Equity actors are kept employed but this dog should have been buried long, long, long ago. The only reason it's still running is because someone has very, very, very, very, very, very (that's six verys) deep pockets.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

Remember the angel collection I told you about a while ago?  Well, it's all packed away now and I'm decorating the piano and shadow box for Easter.

Let me guess: nails and thorns everywhere?

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »

OK, my afternoon internet surf is over, so I'm heading down now to rejoin McGarrett and Dan-O in Hawaii.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »

Oh, and I DID get the front yard mowed!

Yay!

Tomorrow morning, I'll tackle the back yard, I guess. Boo!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »

Hello, from Fort Stockton, TX.

We only did a 4-hour drive today and will do about the same tomorrow to Fredrecksburg.  Then, Monday morning, it will only be about an hour or so drive into Austin.  If we didn't have the animals with us, we would drive all the way tomorrow, but the place we're going to board them is not open on Sundays.

We'll probably be staying for a couple of weeks in our Austin hotel, waiting for opur furniture to arrive, shelves to be built, etc.

You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:25 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »

We've had a household chore day, too.  This past week we had the remodelers here (yet again) to finish off the once rat-infested crawlspace.  It's now a handy dandy storage room and boy do we have room for even more CRAP now.  :)  Then Zach and I stained the new pieces that were cut into our deck, and I did 2/3 of the backyard lawn (as those who have been Chez Moi know, we have an enormous backyard, almost an acre, and sometimes I just don't have the stamina to mow it all in one run).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up