Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: FURDD  (Read 22835 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: FURDD
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2009, 09:33:07 PM »

We now have another nemesis: The Sheyenne River which flows into the Red River. It is flowing at records level. The snow is pretty well melted in this area and with temps near 60 the next few days, the rivers are going to run wild.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2009, 09:33:37 PM »

Is anyone familiar with the soundtrack of The Far pavilions? it was done by Carl Davis
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »

The rural roads are turning into flood created rapids... and water speed bumps

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2009, 09:45:42 PM »

I am areally ready for some quiet weather... no floods, no building of dikes and sandbagging...

Just sunshine, flowers and blue sky

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2009, 10:31:19 PM »

Good Evening!

Tomorrow/today is Easter Sunday, so...

Happy Easter!

*It's also a day off for me. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »

It is 1:15 am EST and I am awake because for the past three hours I have been unable to sleep because of the dog barking in the apartment above me. I just sent another email to the landlord about it because i am sick of this crap.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2009, 10:31:56 PM »

DR Dakota Celt - Are you back on campus right now? working at the library?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2009, 10:33:54 PM »

DR elmore - I'm sorry you're being kept by your neighbor's dog.  -Can you tell if any of your other neighbors are being similarly annoyed and inconvenienced right now?  Have you written a letter to your neighbor and taped it to his door?  -I'd say slip it under the door, but his dog may end up chewing it up. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2009, 10:35:08 PM »

Here's a still from the 1933 BITTER SWEET just before the duel. The blonde is Anna Neagle and Ivy St Helier is standng behind her at the edge of the still. I forget who plays her soon-to-be-late husband Carl.

Well, there's probably chance that DR MBarnum has interviewed him and/or wanted to date him.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »

bk said "ASS".  <giggle, giggle>

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »

And so is the ASS.

I told you to fire him!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2009, 10:51:16 PM »

DR elmore - I'm sorry you're being kept by your neighbor's dog.  -Can you tell if any of your other neighbors are being similarly annoyed and inconvenienced right now?  Have you written a letter to your neighbor and taped it to his door?  -I'd say slip it under the door, but his dog may end up chewing it up. ;)

The only thing I want to slip under the door is some poisoned food for the dog. I just taped this to his door:

It is 1:15 am Sunday morning, and I have been trying to sleep for the past 3 hours. However, I cannot sleep because, once again. as every night this week and nearly all day, as well, your dog has not stopped barking. Every time I start to doze, the dog starts barking again. I don't know if he's disturbing other tenants, but he is certainly disturbing me and I am not happy about it.

Several days ago, the animal barked from around 6 pm to past midnight. On Friday night, I saw a young lady taking the dog for a walk and from this I gather you're away. I'm sure the dog is lonely, and I believe he should have been boarded. I do know he should not be staying in your apartment unattended and a barking nuisance to others.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2009, 10:53:50 PM »

Here's a still from the 1933 BITTER SWEET just before the duel. The blonde is Anna Neagle and Ivy St Helier is standng behind her at the edge of the still. I forget who plays her soon-to-be-late husband Carl.

Well, there's probably chance that DR MBarnum has interviewed him and/or wanted to date him.

I was thinking the very same thing. And if the actor's still alive and on IV's or respirator, DR MBarnum would be in orgasms of delight.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »

In other news...

After we wrapped up the post-tech notes session, I went and headed back to FIG.  I had originally wanted to "celebrate" the end of my work week with their absinthe service, but since I also needed a bite to eat, well...

-Lemon & Sheep's Milk Ricotta Mezzeluna (ravioli), wild nettle pesto, fiddleheads
-Sautéed McClennanville Softshell Crabs, sautéed young greens, Benton's bacon
-Anson Mills Farrotto, english peas

Again, another wonderful meal.  As soon as I bit into one of the "mezzeluna" and the fiddlehead ferns, this very satisfied smile came over my face, and never left.  It was a true taste of Spring.  The softshell crabs were perfectly cooked, and the "collards" were accented with just the perfect amount of cured porcine goodness.

After enjoying all that wonderful food, I decided to forego the absinthe - they serve the new-ish Pernod that is flavored with an "extract of absinthe herbs".  I just didn't want to finish off my evening with anise. Instead, Sam suggested a "flight" of their current housemade ice creams: Maple, Crème Fraîche and Chocolate Mint Chip.  Each quenelle of ice cream was served on top of an accompanying "crumble": candied pecans for the maple, cacao nibs for the chocolate-mint chip, and toffee for the crème fraîche.  A perfect ending for a perfect meal and a pretty good tech week.

*And I was extremely flattered and thankful when the bill came: the manager had comped my dessert. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2009, 11:00:17 PM »

My "Two for the Seesaw" CDs arrived today.  It's a very emotional recording, I think.  Elegant, too.

Time for me to go home and find out if I got it today, too. 

Until later.

George, shouldn't you already know if you got it?

I was at work when I posted that.  The mail usually comes to my place between 4 and 5 pm.  I'm now home (I've been home for quite a while...I watched three episodes of "The Bonnie Hunt Show" and a couple of other things) and it DID arrive!! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2009, 11:04:06 PM »

In about 12 hours, I will be attending an Easter dinner that is being hosted by the director.  It will be one of those "Theatre Orphan" dinners.  I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up some supplies to make a dessert.  I had planned to make a trifle, but when I discovered that they had no fresh berries in their produce section, as well as no pre-made pound cakes or angel food cakes in their bakery section, I decided to head over to the freezer case where I picked up two Carvel Ice Cream Cakes.  -It's all about the Chocolate Crunchies! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2009, 11:12:25 PM »

And.....

The day is over.  The King and I orchestra read-through was good, only a few holes to fill and pad, etc... but the sound is intimate, which goes along with our production.

Holy Saturday evening was great.  It was prayerful and well done all across the boards.  Easter Sunday is a walk in the park, and the morning will probably seem like I'm "doing time", but there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll need to go see if "Seesaw" arrived...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2009, 11:18:06 PM »

DR JRand - I think you need to play the lottery this coming week.  At least the Pick Three: 166. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »

Notes are written, and am listening to CDs.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2009, 11:28:19 PM »

OK...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2009, 11:28:51 PM »

Well, Miami University still has never won a national championship in any sport.  The hockey team just lost to Boston U in overtime.

Can you believe that!!

They were up 3-1 and with less than a minute to go BU scored two goals to tie!!!. I thought MU was going to win
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »

Just to clarify something I wrote earlier today regarding Private lives. What I was saying that there was going to be a production of Private Lives with all men playing the roles. So this was the  gay version that I alluded

I know that PL was written for Coward and Gertrude Lawrence. It had no gay subtext like others claimed for Albee's Who's Afraid....... Albee put a stop to any productions where all the characters are played by men. As for the above mentioned Private Lives I don't think it ever opened as the play's rights holder shut it down in violation of their contract/
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »

and now to bed
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »

After watching three episodes of "The Bonny Hunt Show" tonight, I went through my garage looking for a videotape.  I knew I had the video, but couldn't find it before, but I found it tonight!  The video is the TV showing of The Cradle Will Rock with Patti LuPone!  I'm recording it to my DVD burner right now. :D

I also found my complete 2-CD reassembled "Sondheim, Etc., Etc.: Bernadette Peters: Live at Carnegie Hall: The Whole Concert."  That's the title that I have on my cover (Michael S., I sent you a PM ;)).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up