News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FURDD  (Read 22833 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FURDD
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:12:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were Furddish, and now it is time for you to post until the Furddish cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FURDD
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:13:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: LICKERISH!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »

Topic of the Day:  the only Noël Coward shows that I know that I've seen have been local productions of "Hay Fever" and "Blithe Spirit."  Both were good (better than average, but not great) productions.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 01:16:48 AM »

Love your new parody, DR FJL!    :D

DAW

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 01:17:32 AM »

DR TCB - what fantastic medical news for you!  I am thrilled.    :)    :)

DAW

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 01:18:33 AM »

Yea! for DR Cillaliz and the neighbor girl!    :D

DAW

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:19:18 AM »

A warm HHW welcome to our newest DR embolism.      :)

DAW

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 01:20:00 AM »

Isn't that the title of one of DR elmore3003's VHS tapes?       Furddish Lurkers Hanging Around?

DAW

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »

Thank you all very much for your kind words, vibes, advice, and warm hearts. 

The support of this HHW community is a humbling, powerful, and awesome thing.

Blessings to you all.

Cillaliz

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 06:10:10 AM »

Yea! for DR Cillaliz and the neighbor girl!    :D

:)  DR Jose, no, I didn't take any photos.  I was outside cleaning out my car and didn't have my phone or camera with me

Cillaliz

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 06:12:07 AM »

One of the squirrels that sits on top of the bird feeder is staring at me.   I think he's looking for the cats that are usually starting at him

Cillaliz

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 06:14:02 AM »

Well, I better go.  I can't find one of the presents I got for my mother, which is something she would normally do, lol.  I have other things so it doesn't matter, but this irritates me.

Anyway, it's her 82nd birthday today and I'm going to leave within the hour to spend today with them and sing in their church choir tomorrow morning at the Easter service. I'm looking forward to it

Ben

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »

We were down for quite a while this morning. I don't know what time the site came back up but I couldn't get in at 7am or 8am

I'm about to head uptown for Round Two of my theatre weekend.

More later but it didn't start well. The less said about The Philanthropist the better though I may detail the problems later.

It's raining lightly now but it's supposed to stop later in the day (when I'm in the theatre).

I'm meeting a friend for dinner after the 3pm show then I will go to the 8pm show.

I won't be around for the entire day (though that's not odd for me for the weekend).

Later, gaters.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 07:43:47 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And, yes, the site was down for a while.  And it looks like it was down for a little bit after DR Ben's above post.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 07:44:12 AM »

DR Cillaliz - Well, if you didn't have any rain last night...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »

I am very pleased that I seem to have lost the ability to predict rain.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 07:47:09 AM »

Today's tech starts at 2:00, but I need to go in to take care of some more detail work, and also to go over the mic plot with the sound man - who spent years on the road doing sound for "Heart" and other rock groups.

I also need to leave enough lead time to get through "downtown" Charleston.  It took me almost 20 minutes to go six blocks yesterday, and I have a feeling even more people will be out and about today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 07:47:54 AM »

I am very pleased that I seem to have lost the ability to predict rain.

Well, if it's any "consolation", we did have a somewhat unexpected downpour in the middle of the night here in Charleston.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 07:48:59 AM »

And that's all for now.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 07:50:04 AM »

The only two Coward plays I have seen are Blithe Spirt and High Spirits. I have read several others.
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 07:52:37 AM »

Vibes of SUPPORT for DR DAW. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you'll find something better and brighter!

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 07:53:11 AM »

I tried to log on to this site this morning (around 9:30am eastern) and i could not. I could read the notes. But smf was not available.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »

I couldn't get either the forum page or the notes page to come up earlier this morning. They seem fine right now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 07:58:25 AM »

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to approach SIN CITY today. The movie will look best in a completely darkened room, so that means I need to watch it tonight. But I can't let the afternoon go by and not use some of the time for the bonus features, so I guess once again I'll have to start with them and go to the movie tonight.

Michael

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »

I was intrigued by Today's notes and did some research. BK has talked about Bluth Brother's before but I did not remember that one of the Bluth brothers was animator Don Bluth. Who prior to opening the theater worked for Disney and then was a Morman missionary in Brazil.

I figured out that the time frame for the Theater was circa 1963-1966.

BK also did The Unsinkable Molly Brown where he played one of Molly's brothers. (Michael or Patrick Tobin)

Some postings say it was in Santa Monica

and the only other info I could find were for two actors whose obits mentioned The Bluth Brothers

Cherry (Cherilyn) Baker
Marilyn Izdebski

An interesting side note: There are several French sites dedicated to Don Bluth and it looks like they use the same information. When google translates it has an amusing English translation.  "Don and his/her brother...."

and an English site uses this literal English translation for their site!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »

re: last night's GHOST WHISPERER.

ui kj ui   ui lwo laugh one two  iu iu laugh trhee fiou i four five  uoia alive iu iu iuiu
who uhooin 7 8 89 98 pnme  iu iu  one two three wee be me eui he  ui iu  ljlkjlkj
Very weird. Here it went over by 1 minute, which it never does. I had to watch the end online today!
I really liked last night's episode. But i don't think that there was enough jim/sam.
When they first talked about melinda's husband dying i was very much against it. But when they said the actor would stay on the show and that it would all be worth it i thought i would give it a chance.  Well i loved what they did. IT was mesmerizing, until they decided to give sam all of jim's memories and none of sam's. I was loving watching sam remember little things about jim's life and his relationship with melinda. It seemed too rushed for the writers to just erase all that. I really did not see that coming. But that said, what they have done now is interesting too. Watching him in last night's show see his former paramedic partner was gutwrenching. And i think that this could be a whole new interesting story. Watching jim realize that nobody recognizes him. Although you'd think maybe he could tell his parents, his best friends...  Anyhow, i think this will be interesting. But i hope they don't put david conrad on the backburner like he used to be. It's weird but these past months he's been in so many scenes. But last night it was eli and melinda solving the case with jim/sam in the background. So i hope we see more of jim and melinda. Because it's been a pleasure to see the actor used recently! jk lkj oiu oiuesf  kjladfiou uoi oiu iu loo woiw wow who woui
dsflkj  iu iu iu iu iuo loo one two three be wee me alkj uio iou oiu loo wowow iouiu

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 08:02:04 AM »

TOD:

I've seen PRESENT LAUGHTER and BLITHE SPIRIT on stage. I've never seen any of his musicals on stage.

Michael

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 08:02:20 AM »

I tried to log on to this site this morning (around 9:30am eastern) and i could not. I could read the notes. But smf was not available.

The same here. I even went to yesterday's notes and tried to get into the postings from there and the same problem.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »

Re: GHOST WHISPERER.

Yes, it went over by a minute here, too. Luckily, I recorded FLASHPOINT last night, so I watched the first part of that recording and got the end of GHOST WHISPERER.

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »

That is crazy news DR TCB. Is this common? that people who wear glasses could have their eyes correct themselves? I've never heard of this!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up