Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: VICK'S INHALER  (Read 13829 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: VICK'S INHALER
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2009, 08:31:31 AM »

I can't think of any classy Tony Award-winning singing actresses who would be having an affair with someone in the cast of Hair.  But then again, I don't really know who's won Tonys and who hasn't.  I don't think of Patti LuPone as classy - she's a dame and a fun one.  Bernadette Peters hasn't married again and she's got enough Hair to last her a lifetime.  Sutton Foster, I think I remember reading, has been down this road but I don't think of her as classy - too young, and I think the reverse situation was happening - someone she was with was having an affair - or maybe not, can't remember the details because with these young kids today, who cares.  Elaine Stritch - has she married again?   

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »

re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL results show

SPOILERS

what who where when why what who where when why what who where when
 why what who where when whywhat who where when why what  where why
DR Matth, i was curious re: what you wrote about how you were okay with who
 was sent home tonight. You saw the end right? Nobody went home. I am curious
if the other judges were pressuring simon. It did not look like he wanted to save
matt. And i believe the person he was talking about saving when ryan asked was
lil and not matt. I'm not that thrilled with the judges using their save this week.
I think they should have waited. Won't they be mad if allison gets voted out next
week. I agree that matt was very talented (i would have sent anoop home). But
with so much talent left, to me they should only have saved if adam, danny, allison,
 or lil had been in the bottom. Now next week with 2 going it seems likely
one of them will be a horrible surprise. And another thing that made me mad,
simon thought kris was fantastic last night. Kris could have been in major danger
because randy said he sucked. And nobody got to hear from simon. I think that
would have made a huge difference. Kris got lucky. one two three four five sex

What fascinates me is why anybody would have to rely upon what one of the judges said in order to evaluate how to feel about a performance.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »

Super Doodies!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »

Wedding anniversary wishes to DR JMK and his DW Betsy!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2009, 08:52:33 AM »

Here's a blind item: has anyone heard any gossip concerning a Tony-winning clebrated "classy" married singiong actress having an affair with one of the leads in the HAIR revival? I heard it last night and thought, oh, she's too classy to get down and dirty with anybody!

DR Jose, have you heard this evil speculation? I thought you might since it's supposed to have been going on for some time and you know the actor in HAIR..

Hmmm...  Tony winner...married...so we can rule out Susan Boyle...

It's that slut Angela Lansbury again.

'Cause that's how young she feels?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2009, 08:58:48 AM »

re: last night's LOST

SPOILERS

one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen
What a good episode last night! I am really liking miles. And i love that we got
to see his backstory. Were we supposed to know that he had been on the island
before? I loved watching him watch little miles. And i loved finding out who his
father was (although it became sort of obvious before they actually said it). But
still. Very cool development.  And I was just thinking while watching it that i missed
daniel farady. But what a nice surprise to see him get off the sub. I can't wait
to see how that develops.  It's interesting how jack is hardly on these days. And
i'm waiting to find out how jin and sun can be reunited and what will happen with
locke and ben. But i love this show. They are doing great work this season!
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen

SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT 
SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT  SPOILER ALERT 
I agree, it was a good episode.  My only disappointment was that it did not turn out that Hurley would be the one who somehow influenced what numbers would be used for the Hatch--I think that would have made a lot of sense.  There is still that one-in-ten-million coincidence about Hurley's winning lottery numbers being the same as the ones involved with the Hatch.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:30 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I needed to sleep in this morning.  Whew!?!?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2009, 09:01:11 AM »

-Seriously, when I opened my eyes and looked at the clock and noticed that it was already 11:00... Wha?!?

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2009, 09:02:35 AM »

! ! ! ! !  HAPPY 15TH ANNIVERSARY TO DR JMK AND DW BETSY  ! ! ! ! !
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2009, 09:02:49 AM »

~~~~~CONTINUED VIBES FOR THE VIX-FAMILY~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »

DR elmore - As per that "blind item"... Hmmm... There are a couple of "candidates" in the cast of Hair.  I may have to do some investigatin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2009, 09:06:26 AM »

And as for that "Hard Candy" dance... Has anyone else checked out the Audio Slide Show feature about Next To Normal - which got a great review from The Times! - on the Times' website?  It's an interview with actor, Aaron Tveit, and the slide show features various pictures of him in the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2009, 09:09:48 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I still like Ricola's. I do like some of their fruitier and herbier flavors, but I usually go back to their original flavor, formulation.

Sometimes I will get a craving for Lilac Pastilles.  But then once I buy them, sample a few of them, and then feel like I'm eating perfume and/or sucking on a scented candle, the craving goes away.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »

SPOILERS

What a good episode last night! I am really liking miles. And i love that we got
before? I loved watching him watch little miles. And i loved finding out who his
father was (although it became sort of obvious before they actually said it). But
still. Very cool development.  And I was just thinking while watching it that i missed
daniel farady. But what a nice surprise to see him get off the sub. I can't wait
to see how that develops.  It's interesting how jack is hardly on these days. And
i'm waiting to find out how jin and sun can be reunited and what will happen with

I agree, it was a good episode.  My only disappointment was that it did not turn out that Hurley would be the one who somehow influenced what numbers would be used for the Hatch--I think that would have made a lot of sense.  There is still that one-in-ten-million coincidence about Hurley's winning lottery numbers being the same as the ones involved with the Hatch.

SPOILER

XXXSSSKSKFJ ADFASDFGSG klfdsakaf;lkaj dsf;lkj;lkj;lkj fsdk jlaf;lkajsdf;lkj dsfa;skj ;lk   Unless you were being facetious in that last sentence (?), it has long been established on that show that Hurley got his numbers from a guy in the sanatorium (his first time there) who used to repeat them over and over and over.  Later, when he won his millions, he determined the numbers were cursed because of things that happened after.  When, in a season 2 episode, he saw the numbers on the hatch, he nearly freaked (and he was carrying unstable dynamite at the time).  The numbers are also "coordinates" that were embedded in a signal someone intercepted once.  It may have been the guy in the hospital, who was out of his mind, otherwise.  When Hurley saw them stamping the numbers in last night's show, that's how he knew the last number...and that this was, indeed, the hatch that Locke discovered in season 1.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:14:48 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2009, 09:15:07 AM »

DR DAW - I had the same "problem" when I was living in Virginia when I applied for unemployment.  I lived in Virginia, but most of my work was in DC.  Thankfully, Virginia had a corollary agreement with DC, so I did not have to apply in DC, at the DC offices.  However, it did end up having to wait an extra week for my first payment to show up due to the difference in disbursement procedures.  So, coupled with the mandatory one-week waiting period, it was almost a full four weeks before I received a check.  -And, then, of course, by that time, I had already lined up another gig.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »

One of my favorite candies was Life Savers "Wint-o-green".  Used to open my sinuses instantly.   I'm still a fan of the Vick's inhaler and I make sure I always have one nearby.  I don't use it very much, but when I need it, I need it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2009, 09:16:41 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And since it is after noon right now, I need to get ready to head out.  We're doing one last - I hope - swap out of my car, and I need to head to the dealership in a few minutes to accomplish said swap out.  So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »

I'm sure that everyone here has, at one time or another, performed the Wintermint LifeSaver experiment.

???

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »

SPOILERS

SPOILER

XXXSSSKSKFJ ADFASDFGSG klfdsakaf;lkaj dsf;lkj;lkj;lkj fsdk jlaf;lkajsdf;lkj dsfa;skj ;lk   Unless you were being facetious in that last sentence (?), it has long been established on that show that Hurley got his numbers from a guy in the sanatorium (his first time there) who used to repeat them over and over and over.  Later, when he won his millions, he determined the numbers were cursed because of things that happened after.  When, in a season 2 episode, he saw the numbers on the hatch, he nearly freaked (and he was carrying unstable dynamite at the time).  The numbers are also "coordinates" that were embedded in a signal someone intercepted once.  It may have been the guy in the hospital, who was out of his mind, otherwise.  When Hurley saw them stamping the numbers in last night's show, that's how he knew the last number...and that this was, indeed, the hatch that Locke discovered in season 1.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT ---wait a minute--this isn't spoiling anything--this is common knowledge by now...
Yes, to all that, but still--how did those particular numbers turn out to be the winning lottery numbers?  Was the lottery fixed somehow by someone ?
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »

SPOILERS

SPOILER

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT ---wait a minute--this isn't spoiling anything--this is common knowledge by now...
Yes, to all that, but still--how did those particular numbers turn out to be the winning lottery numbers?  Was the lottery fixed somehow by someone ?

Potential SPOILER Material

Ah, well!  That's the "BIG" mystery, isn't it!  Why "these" people and the circumstances under which they were brought together?  Blame the island.  It seems to be in charge.  :)  The odds you cite above (and sorry for misreading that) can be applied to Jack's return, Kate's giving up Aaron and returning, of Locke's miraculous return, etc., etc.

I'm just aghast that the space-time continuum hasn't convulsed several times as these folks continually stumble over themselves in different time periods.   And I've been wondering where Daniel went.  He was there with his friend's body and then he was unaccounted for.  I must have blinked or something.  And with next week's previews, I'm agog all over again.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:33:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »

I'm sure that everyone here has, at one time or another, performed the Wintermint LifeSaver experiment.

???

If you bite down on a Wintergreen Lifesaver, you will see a little spark.  Try it at night while looking in a mirror with the lights out.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »

I"m awake.  TOD - Jolly Ranchers, but less lately as I've been watching the sugar intake.

Today, I have to head to the theatre to set the pit up for The King and I orchestra sing-through, then going for dinner with my favorite horn player before rehearsal. 

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »

TOD - these are some of my favorites, especially the Chocolate and Cafe Latte flavors.  Can't get 'em around here, but maybe I should order some online.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »

I used to keep Hall's cherry eucalyptus cough drops in my pocket as breath mints back when I taught school. I always had a horror of bending down to help a child at his desk and having bad breath blown into their faces. I had some teachers who had that problem, and I didn't want to repeat that with my students.

This was very thoughtful of you-honest, funny & nice. :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »

SPOILERS

SPOILER

Potential SPOILER Material

Ah, well!  That's the "BIG" mystery, isn't it!  Why "these" people and the circumstances under which they were brought together?  Blame the island.  It seems to be in charge.  :)  The odds you cite above (and sorry for misreading that) can be applied to Jack's return, Kate's giving up Aaron and returning, of Locke's miraculous return, etc., etc.

I'm just aghast that the space-time continuum hasn't convulsed several times as these folks continually stumble over themselves in different time periods.   And I've been wondering where Daniel went.  He was there with his friend's body and then he was unaccounted for.  I must have blinked or something.  And with next week's previews, I'm agog all over again.

THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT
THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT THEORETICAL SPOILER ALERT
I suspect that at some point at the beginning of the three years, Daniel discovered the donkey wheel and found himself in Tunisia.  What he's been up to during that time will probably be revealed in the next episode in--Ugh!--two weeks!

-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »

Off to get lunch and then do some errands...bye for now!

Jane

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »

We are all celebrating by being sick.  :(

Bummer!    Having had to be apart for an anniversary or two due to life interrupting our plans, be grateful you are home together.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DR JMK & YOUR WONDERFUL DW BETSY!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »

My dad was a huge fan of that ribbon and jelly-filled hard candy that used to come in big tins around Christmas time.  The ribbon candy was alright but I couldn't stand how the insides of the jelly-filled would stick to my teeth like glue.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »

TOD - these are some of my favorites, especially the Chocolate and Cafe Latte flavors.  Can't get 'em around here, but maybe I should order some online.

I love the coffee ones too.  I almost went there today but I just rescheduled my yearly appointment with my endocrinologist (who's office is buy the store).  It is bad enough having to go when I'm not itching like crazy.  I will get you some next time I go to See's. 

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2009, 09:58:32 AM »

We are all celebrating by being sick.  :(

Bummer!    Having had to be apart for an anniversary or two due to life interrupting our plans, be grateful you are home together.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DR JMK & YOUR WONDERFUL DW BETSY!

Oh--I thought JMK meant that they were being kinky for their anniversary.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up