Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AIN'T MISBEHAVIN'  (Read 14016 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: AIN'T MISBEHAVIN'
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »

I had a pork chop.

"...132 and Bush I've got them at gunpoint...."

"Gunpoint.  132 and Bush..................."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »

Page Six Adam-12 Dance

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »

All cat & animal lovers, watch this....http://video.yahoo.com/network/100000086?v=4832100&l=100000085

Love it!  I posted it on my Facebook

Michael

« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

Angela Lansbury and Bea Arthur together again for the last time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilV5K8tw_6o
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2009, 06:06:21 PM »

That was nice.  Thank you Michael S.

Michael

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »

Beatrice Arthur

memorable lines

Dorothy: Rose, I know this is a long shot, but did you take much acid during the sixties?

Dorothy: Blanche, are you sure you're pregnant?
Blanche: I just did a home pregnancy test - it's right here.
Rose: It looks like a perfume sample.
Dorothy: Put it behind your ears, Rose.

Rose and Dorothy confront Blanche about sleeping with Gil Kessler, Rose says to Blanche regarding the newspaper article]
Rose: Then why does it say the explosion was so great it shattered windows in a building 10 blocks away?
Dorothy: [Holding her head] Rose, that was an article about an earthquake in GUATAMALA.

Dorothy: [to Sophia] Get back here, you deceitful little Sicilian gekko!

Dorothy: It's wonderful dating in Miami. Every single man under eighty sells cocaine.

Dorothy: Blanche, have you heard of the latest campaigns? "Join the navy, see the world... sleep with Blanche Devereaux"? "Join the army, be all you can be... sleep with Blanche Devereaux"?
[getting angry]
Dorothy: "The marines are looking for a few good men who have *not* slept with Blanche Devereaux"!

Walter Findlay: Maude, did you wreck the car again?
Maude Findlay: Did you hear that, everybody? DID YOU HEAR THAT? Not "Maude, are you sick?" Or "Maude, are you unhappy?" Or even, "Maude, are you pregnant?" No, "Maude, did you wreck the car again?"
Walter Findlay: You're right, darling. You're absolutely right. I'm sorry. So tell me, are you sick?
Maude Findlay: No.
Walter Findlay: Are you unhappy?
Maude Findlay: No.
Walter Findlay: Are you pregnant?
Maude Findlay: Yes.

Maude Findlay: [At a funeral] I am not having a good time here.
Maude Findlay: [referring to Carol's ample bosom] To think I bought you your first training bra. Look how you've broken training.

Walter Findlay: [arguing with Maude because she agrees the housekeeper should keep her maiden name after she's married] Well, if you feel that way, why didn't you keep your maiden name when we got married?
Maude Findlay: Because by the time we got married I couldn't remember it!
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2009, 06:44:40 PM »

Back from my haircut and errands.  When Richard gets back from his honor guard duties (military funeral), we'll go to Bath & Body Works and Barnes & Noble for some more items for the Japanese Cherry Blossom gift basket I'm creating for a silent auction.

Hey! I got a hair cut today too!.   Yesterday I saw an ad  for Bobbi Brown cosmetics  and it reminded me of our make-overs (DRs Danise, Jane, Ginny and Me) in New York.  It would be fun to do that again.

That was fun.  I still have a couple of the products left.  I remember how shiny we all looked afterward ;D

Oh, yes, we were shiny and here's proof...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

And remember, as we were leaving the store, a rep from one of the other companies asked if we'd like to have our make-up done?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2009, 06:46:38 PM »

Angela Lansbury and Bea Arthur together again for the last time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilV5K8tw_6o

Aww, that got to me.  RIP, Vera.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »

And remember, as we were leaving the store, a rep from one of the other companies asked if we'd like to have our make-up done?

Right ;D ;D

Danise & I were really shinning, Ginny & Cilla look much better. :) 

Jane

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2009, 06:59:04 PM »

Every once in awhile I highlight my hair just about Cilla's color in that photo.  I suddenly had an urge to surprise Keith for our anniversary & do it again.  I'm not sure if I will.  I never keep it & it is such a pain to grow out.  It would really be fun for the summer & I'm very, very tempted.  What is holding me back is the fact I'm not sure I want to be strawberry blond in Bryan's wedding photos.  I think he has set the date for August 2nd.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it DR Druxy.  How is DD Cody doing this evening?

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2009, 07:13:48 PM »

Well, I need to think about turning in for the night, because I have to get up at 5:30 in the morning.  We're going to Lima, OH, for Richard to conduct Morning Prayer at Church of the Holy Nativity.

'night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »

LOL, I'd forgotten about that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2009, 07:31:53 PM »

Right ;D ;D

Danise & I were really shinning, Ginny & Cilla look much better. :) 

I think you could read a book by the light reflecting off my forehead!

FJL

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »

DtM - Loved that!

Gives new meaning to the word meathead.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2009, 07:36:20 PM »

My afternoon became a lazy day; I watch half of the wonderful OUR MUTUAL FRIEND; another amazing cast including the great Margaret Tyzack, and a Dickens plot of hidden identities, missing heir, murder, sudden wealth, two heroines, evil creeps, goodness and generosity, and a frightening psychopath.

I think I will watch at 11 the first episode of this season's LAE & ORDER: CI and pass out. Tomorrow I've got a friend's senior recital at noon at Manhattan School of Music followed by a performance of DIE FLEDERMAUS with Jason Graae as a guest artist.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2009, 07:47:09 PM »

God'll get you for that, Walter.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2009, 07:48:29 PM »

Did anyone watch Barbra Streisand's special on CBS tonight? I was busy with my work project, so I did not watch or record it. But I'd love to hear some opinions if anyone did watch it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:50:23 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2009, 07:49:12 PM »

Watch Barbra Streisand INSTEAD of COPS?  Come on, now, DR MATTH.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »

Watch Barbra Streisand INSTEAD of COPS?  Come on, now, DR MATTH.

I was watching Throw Down with Bobby Flay and House Hunters.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2009, 07:52:51 PM »

I spent the first part of my evening watching the bonus features on the X-MEN DVD. There was Hugh Jackman's screen test and some deleted scenes and a 22-minute TV special on the film's premiere disguised as a faux-news show with Bruce Davison's senator character giving a press conference. Fairly effective but it kept going back and forth between EPK stuff and the fictional character played by Davison.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2009, 07:53:39 PM »

Then, since I had time, I went ahead and watched X-MEN 2 to get that out of the way clearing tomorrow for the bonus features on disc two.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2009, 07:54:22 PM »

There were two audio commentaries with the second film, and I sampled both of them, but I'll need to listen to more tomorrow to get a better idea of each of them.

François

« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »

From
http://www.michaelbarrier.com/

April 25, 2009:

Ken Annakin, who died last Wednesday at the age of 94, was that great rarity among the people who made Walt Disney's live-action features, a director whose own sensibility shaped the films in significant ways. The typical Disney director—the kind of director Walt favored, alas—was a faceless traffic cop, but in Annakin's four Disney films the actors make up a true ensemble, each of them responding to one another with a seeming genuineness that has few parallels in other Disney features or, for that matter, in live-action features generally.

My favorite among Annakin's Disney features is Third Man on the Mountain (1959); I write about it and another of his features, Swiss Family Robinson (1960), on a page devoted to the DVDs of live-action Disney. Two of Annakin's Disney features, The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men and The Sword and the Rose, have not yet been released on generally available DVDs, and that's unfortunate; they're charming films that deserve to be seen.

Annakin made other good films, but not as many as he had in him, I'm sure, and some that he did make would have been better if he'd had his way. He wanted Dick Van Dyke to star in what is perhaps his most famous non-Disney film, Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (1965), but for reasons he explains in his 2001 autobiography, So You Wanna Be a Director, he wound up with Stuart Whitman instead. Watch the film sometime and imagine Van Dyke in the Whitman part, and I think you will understand immediately why Annakin was right.

I spent a couple of hours with Ken Annakin and his wife, Pauline, in Los Angeles four years ago, interviewing them for The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney, and I came away liking them both. One of the great pleasures of working on that book was meeting and interviewing a few of the people who worked on the Disney live-action features, a badly neglected part of Walt's output. Ken Annakin, Richard Todd, Fess Parker, James MacArthur (by phone), and others whose names are less familiar illuminated Walt's personality and helped me understand why too many of his live-action features fell short of his best work in animation—and they were a lot of fun to talk to, besides.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2009, 07:55:41 PM »

I ended my evening watching an NCIS episode from the second season box set. A nice little budding romance for McGee cut short when the girl was witness to a murder and she herself was killed. Not much of a problem figured out who did it since the pool of suspects was very limited.

François

« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »

Back from my haircut and errands.  When Richard gets back from his honor guard duties (military funeral), we'll go to Bath & Body Works and Barnes & Noble for some more items for the Japanese Cherry Blossom gift basket I'm creating for a silent auction.

Hey! I got a hair cut today too!.   Yesterday I saw an ad  for Bobbi Brown cosmetics  and it reminded me of our make-overs (DRs Danise, Jane, Ginny and Me) in New York.  It would be fun to do that again.

That was fun.  I still have a couple of the products left.  I remember how shiny we all looked afterward ;D

Oh, yes, we were shiny and here's proof...

You could have been in a revival of GREASE! ;)

Jane

« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »

Hi François.  I'm sorry I have to leave just as you arrived.

'night
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up