Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: UNTIL THAT TIME  (Read 13357 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: UNTIL THAT TIME
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »

Once we landed at MSP, we had to make our way from Concourse F to Concourse A - the end of Concourse A. And after sitting down for about five minutes, it was time to board our next and last(!) flight of the day.

Thankfully, I'm still feeling sleepy and will most likely take a shower when I get back to my parents' house, and then get a good night's sleep. I hope. I wish. I better! ;)

It's a mile and a quarter from Concourse F to Concourse A - I have walked it many times...you do realize you probably walked right past the infamous men's room where tapping your toes can get you arrested

We took the tram since we had a relatively short time to make it from Concourse A to Concourse F - and since my Mom doesn't really like to walk. ;)

*Alas, I would have liked to take a picture of Sen. Craig's memorial plaque.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2009, 09:48:31 PM »

DR HAINIES/KIMLETS

I am looking to buy a laptop computer.

For those that have MAC can you tell my why you chose a MAC over a PC

You can post or leave me a PM

Thank you all
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

DR George - Either 1) Mow more often. Or 2) Hire someone else to do it for you.  ;)

Some of us who are busy and on fixed incomes can't do either. But, then, I see you were kidding (kind of).

;)

DR MattH - Well, I'm sure that you do not allow your "flora" to get two-feet tall.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »

DR HAINIES/KIMLETS

I am looking to buy a laptop computer.

For those that have MAC can you tell my why you chose a MAC over a PC

You can post or leave me a PM

Thank you all

DR Michael S - I do love my Mac, but I will say that it is not for everyone.  Well, it is, but... ;)

If you have an Apple Store in your area, just go in and spend an hour or so trying out various MacBooks and iBooks, and ask the Mac Genii lots of questions.  -They love to answer questions!  Then hit a Best Buy or similar store and try out some of new PCs.  It may simply come down to a matter of how much you want to spend - or don't want to spend.  The basic Mac laptop still runs around $1000, while some PC laptops can be had for as low as $350 - if you were just considering purchasing one of the netbooks.

If, like me, you primarily use your computer for iTunes, photo management (iPhoto) and email, than a Mac may be the way to go since most of that software comes preloaded.  Some Windows machines still require you to purchase anything beyond the operating system.  *I will say that I did give the Windows 7 Beta a few test runs, and was quite impressed at how good it was in comparison to previous PC OS's.

*And in true Apple fashion, it looks like some new models will be rolled out later this summer, so if you're in not that much of a hurry, you may want to wait. And if you do get to an Apple Store, the staff are usually open about telling you if something new is right around the corner.  -There are a lot of people waiting for the next generation of the iPhone which is supposedly due out this July.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2009, 09:58:17 PM »

DR elmore - It sounds like you've been having a wonderful weekend filled with wonderful things and people. And rhubarb put too! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2009, 10:00:42 PM »

Thanks for all the Welcome Home's!

-And it really is nice to be home - or at least my "old" home, Richmond.

*I do have to say that it was so nice to take a "real" hot shower, and not just a "the water's hot because it's hot outside" shower.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »

Welcome back to the USA, dear DR Jose

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2009, 10:59:25 PM »

Thank You, DR FJL.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »

And, now, I believe, I'm going to try to fall asleep (again?).

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2009, 11:02:03 PM »

As I mentioned tonight, the film RHUBARB would make a lovely musical

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043967/

It was, after all, the funniest film in nine lifetimes!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

Having come from the PC world, I could never imagine going back after using a Mac - it's the best, plain and simple.  Best laptop would be the new MacBook Pro.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2009, 11:28:29 PM »

Jose, I have a Pitney Bowes postage machine - it does the postal update so I don't have to worry about anything other than being annoyed and astonished at the temerity of the post office to raise their rates again this quickly, while their service continues to go down the toilet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2009, 11:33:04 PM »

I had a total freakout with the new TV.  The wiring guy finished and left - everything is now going into a new receiver with all the latest circuitry and gizmos.  I was watching 2001, which has one of the most gorgeous images I've ever seen on a TV.  I finished, took out the disc, and put in WallE, to see what the different sound choices sounded like, since this new amp has them all.  So, I put in the disc and it gets to the menu and then the Blu-Ray player shuts the TV off, which means the Anynet feature is not reading from player to TV.  It kept booting itself up, turning the TV on, turning the TV off, rebooting, and over and over. Insane.  Then I tried Enchantment, since I know that worked well - same thing, over and over again.  Then Zulu, different studio, same thing.  I finally shut everything off and restarted from scratch and that seemed to fix it and I watched about twenty minutes of Zulu to make sure.  I shut it all down, but called the wiring guy, who will come back and check it all out and make sure something didn't get unconfigured, although I don't see how that's possible.  When it was working, everything sounded and looked excellent, but the spaz out really was disturbing. 

Miss Karen

« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2009, 11:51:30 PM »

DITTO!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2009, 12:14:04 AM »

Good luck George.  At least you don't have to purchase one to find if it works.

Thanks!  I borrowed the hedge trimmer, but I haven't tried it yet.  I went to my sister's and she needed me to help her take some things off her walls in preparation for her move.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »

George, get a Black and Decker rechargeable weed-eater.  The twine comes out automatically, you don't even need to "whack" it on the ground.  Plus it's environmentally friendly.  I love B&D yard maintenance items.

Thanks for the info.  I'll look into it.  First, I'll try the hedge trimmer, since my sister already owns one. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2009, 12:16:50 AM »

Back from singing at a black tie gala event.  I performed "I Was Here" from The Glorious Ones, and also was part of a male quartet that sang "Standing on the Corner" from DR elmore3003's beloved The Most Happy Fella.

A good time was had by all.    :)

Nice!  DAW, which version did you use?  The music from the show songbook or the version from "The Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty Songbook"?  (They're different, you know.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:19:19 AM by George »

George

« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2009, 12:17:35 AM »

After coming home from my sister's tonight, I watched the last two episodes of "Reaper."  I like this show and will be sad when it's gone. :(

George

« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

Just had to share.

George

« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2009, 12:18:04 AM »

;)

George

« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »

Gratuitous Post #200!

George

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »

DR George - Either 1) Mow more often. Or 2) Hire someone else to do it for you.  ;)

I'm seriously thinking about that second option. :D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up