Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GAS  (Read 10790 times)

Kerry

Re: GAS
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »

I was moving some boxes in my laundry room yesterday and came across two pages from LIFE magazine (It could be LOOK, but  the layout looks more like LIFE).  It's a two page spread from 1961 on the effervescent starlets on TV that season:  Judy Lewis (Outlaw), Lori Patrick (Tales of Wells Fargo), Gigi Perreau (Follow the Sun), Roberta Shore (Bob Cummings Show), Cynthia Pepper (Margie), Joan Patrick (Dr. Kildare), Mary Tyler Moore (Dick Van Dyke), Joan Freeman (Bus Stop) and Karen Kupcinet
(Mrs. G Goes to College).

I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2009, 12:16:40 PM »

Page 4 Dance 
I like boat races.

DAW

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »

Looks like EMI will be doing a new anthology of John McGlinn's Broadway recordings.

More work for DR elmore3003 and the estate lawyers?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2009, 01:18:20 PM »

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt are reality show celebrities but in my opinion can't compare with the notoriety of a Lou Diamond Phillips who has done stage, screen, AND television for many years, been nominated for awards, and is generally acknowledged as a very talented actor. That he would do a show like this means his career is in the doldrums at the moment, but just a look at him in something like COURAGE UNDER FIRE lets you see what a talented and charismatic talent he can be with the right material.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »

BK,

The firmware updates using a flash drive couldn't be easier. You go to the samsung site and find your model of player and see the latest update. You download the update (be sure you chose the one for USB drives. They usually have separate ones for burning a disc and one for the USB drives).

Plug the flash drive into the slot on the Blu-ray player. Go into the setup menu and find system update andhit the enter key. The player will look for the update and will find it on the drive and perform the update. Then it will turn itself off.

Be sure when you are ready to do the update that there is no disc in the disc tray.

DAW

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »

I'll bet that DR MBarnum would like to see THIS exhibit in person!!  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:30 PM »

I was moving some boxes in my laundry room yesterday and came across two pages from LIFE magazine (It could be LOOK, but  the layout looks more like LIFE).  It's a two page spread from 1961 on the effervescent starlets on TV that season:  Judy Lewis (Outlaw), Lori Patrick (Tales of Wells Fargo), Gigi Perreau (Follow the Sun), Roberta Shore (Bob Cummings Show), Cynthia Pepper (Margie), Joan Patrick (Dr. Kildare), Mary Tyler Moore (Dick Van Dyke), Joan Freeman (Bus Stop) and Karen Kupcinet

I bet I know which one has had the most success on television!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:59 PM »

I  seem to have become the "indentured" property of our person-in-charge while my boss is on vacation.  She has taken to volunteering my services to get critical orders entered into our system that should be done by her client agencies (for whom she is doing work).  She has gone on a tear/rant about how slow their people are and how she needs stuff NOW, NOW, NOW and has determined that the best way to get them NOW, NOW, NOW is to have them send me all their accounting data so that "I" can do "their work" for them.

I'm not a happy camper. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »

Since I didn't have anything on the DVR which I had recorded to watch while eating lunch, I dove right into PERRY MASON episodes. I got 4 1/2 episodes watched this afternoon. I really do love the show, but the mysteries are such that it truly is impossible to discover the murderer's identity before the revelation in court. They just leave out too much information. Sure, sometimes you can guess the correct perp, but it is a guess. MURDER SHE WROTE played a lot fairer with viewers by presenting on screen everything the viewer would need to know to solve the crime before Jessica arrives at the answer. Not so with PERRY MASON.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

On the other hand, she left for a walk about ten minutes ago and just called me....and she is in vicinity of my favorite Szechuan restaurant...and wanted to know if I wanted anything!

Shan Dong Chicken for lunch!  Hoo-flipping-ray!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2009, 01:30:40 PM »

Who should walk into the first scene in the first episode I watched but ROBERT REDFORD! This was filmed in 1960 so he's impossibly young but so gorgeous you just want to fall in a faint at his feet. He was all I could keep my eyes on in that first episode.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

I bet I know which one has had the most success on television!

I'm guessing that Lori Martin and Carol Welles had not yet seen "National Velvet" hit the air waves.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »

Among the guest stars in the episodes I've watched (in addition to Redford) are Phil Ober, Hal Smith, Russell Arms, Sue Randall, Connie Hines, John Lupton, Patricia Breslin, and Dabs Greer. All of these folks were mainstays in TV of this period.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2009, 01:34:21 PM »

Looks like I'll get all of the disc 2 episodes watched and make a dent into the episodes of disc 3 before I close up shop for the night. (There are 4 discs in the set.)

DAW

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2009, 01:35:56 PM »

I'm not a happy camper.

I guess there won't be S'Mores and KUM-BA-YA around the campfire, then?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »

I'm not a happy camper.

I guess there won't be S'Mores and KUM-BA-YA around the campfire, then?

[GLARE]!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »

;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2009, 01:51:40 PM »

Looks like EMI will be doing a new anthology of John McGlinn's Broadway recordings.

More work for DR elmore3003 and the estate lawyers?

Maybe the executor but not me! I'm only dealing with the contents of the apartment.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:54:13 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2009, 01:57:04 PM »

I would like to know what you've uncovered about EMI, DR singdaw!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »

I'm going to write for just a bit and then head downstairs to rejoin Perry, Della, and Paul in the middle of the case they're actively investigating, the murder of a cosmetics tycoon.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2009, 02:09:20 PM »

Eye check vibes for DR GEORGE.

Thanks, JRand. 

Everything went fairly well...for the most part.  He dilated my eyes, so everything's very bright.  I haven't gone in about two and a half years, but my prescription for my glasses has not changed!  For contacts, however, the doctor said to try a slightly less strong prescription in my right eye (which has never been quite "right" with contacts, and then both eyes will have the same prescription) and see if that's better.  Then, I could try a slightly less strong prescription in my left eye and see how they are together.  If either of those options doesn't feel right, I can always go back to my previous prescription for contacts and call it good.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2009, 02:09:54 PM »

HOWEVER, the doctor said that he just barely noticed the beginnings of a cataract in my right eye!! :o He said that it's very small and could grow quickly or not much at all.  But, he didn't seem concerned right now.  It's wait and see...so, we'll wait and see. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2009, 02:10:12 PM »

Otherwise, I will be getting new frames because I've had the same frames for probably 10 years.  And since a new pair of frames is covered (up to $90, actually), that's what I'm doing. :)

DAW

« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

DR elmore3003:  some details HERE.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2009, 02:30:10 PM »

DR elmore3003:  some details HERE.

Thank you! I wish they'd just release all of the albums that are out of print, although I have no idea if any of the income will go to the estate; I have no idea if McGlinn received any royalties from EMI. Last week I ran across the notorious cast list for the aborted EMI project that resulted in their cancelling his contract.

DR JRand58, while perusing "Babes In Toyland" just now on eBay, I came across this photo and thought of you.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:32:09 PM by elmore3003 »

Laura

« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »

Oh, what a Freedom Day we have had. Nothing went as planned.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »

Back from the work session, which was fun - found lots more mistakes which the copyist will now correct. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »

Waiting for Cason and then there WILL be foodstuffs all around.

FJL

« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »

Foodstuffs all around
No need to waste it

(almost an MTM reference)

FJL

« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »

Almost at page 5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up