Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANISH NOTES  (Read 13056 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DANISH NOTES
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you had some Danish whilst reading the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the Danish cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DANISH NOTES
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 12:26:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: MARTINET!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 12:30:58 AM »

As I was trying to say....

And since "today" is still open...

So, as I walked up from 86th Street to 145th Street...

I had that "almost mugging" thing.

I stopped into Tropical for a media noche - since it was the "media" of the "noche".

I also made a stop at the Tacos Express truck since they had "agua frescas de sandia" tonight.  Fresh Watermelon Juice!  ¡Muy Refrescante!

And then I walked into my apartment, turned on the computer, and....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 12:37:18 AM »

bk - Breathe

As you said in your Notes - The reading should be first and foremost about the material.  Everything else is more or less window-dressing.  Over the next 48 hours, just relax, and enjoy teaching - and listening! - to the material you've written.  -Even ballets usually start with the music - not the steps.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 12:41:25 AM »

Jose, glad to know that you didn't get "really" mugged!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 12:49:29 AM »

OH!!

While I was walking around earlier with my friend, Jonathan, we happened to run into a former "Prince Charmin" from one of the Disney Cruise Ships.  -Jonathan works in the DCL offices, and he's my liaison for when I do the onboard workshops.  In any case... As you can see from the picture below, the "prince" truly was and is "charming".

*I just wish I hadn't cut off half of Jonathan's face.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 12:49:51 AM »

Jose, glad to know that you didn't get "really" mugged!

Thank you, George.  So am I.  So am I.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 12:54:47 AM »

Ah!  Here's a better picture of me and Jonathan:

*Jonathan is also an actor in the Orlando area.  In fact, he was part of the ensemble for the concert version of Sweeney Todd that was recently presented in Orlando that starred Davis Gaines and Faith Prince.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 12:58:16 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I've never had or been to a real "dinner party."  I've been to potlucks and I've gone to friends' homes for dinner or gone over to watch movies and had dinner, but there was never anything special about the food or the events.  Just any excuse for friends to get together. :)

When I have friends over, I make lasagna that I think is very good.  Basically, what I do is get any recipe from the lasagna noodles package or the ricotta cheese container (and I NEVER use cottage cheese...that's just wrong) and double the amount of everything except the noodles.  Then it turns out right! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »

OK... I think I'm going to try to get some sleep now.  I hope.  Although, there's something sort of entertaining and enticing about staying up for the next few hours, and then heading down to The High Line to take pictures of it and on it as the sun comes up.  Hmmm...

In any case..

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 01:08:47 AM »

Oh... Well...

As for the Topic of the Day...

My usual stand-by "Fancy Dinner" is:

Green Salad - usually mesclun with some additional veggies

Roasted Chicken - butter and herbs under the skin, half a lemon inside, and "streaky" bacon covering the breast meat as it roasts

Roasted Veggies - Carrots, Beets, Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Squash, Shallots, etc. -whatever is in season - Dressed and seasoned with olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, and a dash of red chili flake.

*The chicken and veggies can roast in the oven at the same time at the same temp.

"Confetti" Orzo Salad - That's my starch - Orzo pasta with bits of diced and sauteed red, green, yellow and/or orange peppers.

Brown Sugar Sour Cream Chocolate Pound Cake - glazed with chocolate ganache, and served with either brown-sugared sour cream or cinnamon ice cream.  Fresh strawberries too.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 01:11:08 AM »

I didn't realize until last night that one must purchase an additional piece of equipment to be able to instantly view/download movies from Netflix, but I happened to go to Amazon.com and saw that they have some free TV episodes that one can download for free and you only have to install their Unbox video player.  I downloaded the complete hi-def pilot episode of "Royal Pains."  I probably won't keep it for very long, since the hi-def version is 3 gigabytes...but you never know.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 01:12:01 AM »

However, there was a time when I was known for my brunches...

Baked French Toast with Blueberries and Pecans, Warm Maple Syrup on the side, of course

A Quiche of some sort

Oven-Baked Bacon Glazed with Maple Syrup and a dash of Cayenne Pepper

Fresh Fruit with Yogurt

Pitchers of Bloody Mary's

Prosecco and White Peach Nectar for Proper Bellini's
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 01:13:14 AM »

I didn't realize until last night that one must purchase an additional piece of equipment to be able to instantly view/download movies from Netflix, but I happened to go to Amazon.com and saw that they have some free TV episodes that one can download for free and you only have to install their Unbox video player.  I downloaded the complete hi-def pilot episode of "Royal Pains."  I probably won't keep it for very long, since the hi-def version is 3 gigabytes...but you never know.

DR George - May I suggest an external, USB-powered external hard drive?  They're surprisingly cheap right now.  Well worth the investment.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 01:15:37 AM »

And back to the Topic of the Day for a sec...

I do remember duplicating some Moroccan feast that appeared in "Gourmet" a couple of years ago.  That was a great meal.  I have to say, that I got a little weary of the lingering scent of cumin in the air for days(!) after I had cooked that meal.  But, boy, were those lamb short ribs tasty!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 01:15:53 AM »

OK... Once again...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 01:20:15 AM »

DR George - May I suggest an external, USB-powered external hard drive?  They're surprisingly cheap right now.  Well worth the investment.

You mean another external, USB-powered external hard drive?  I have a 500GB hard drive that only has about 60GB of free space. ::)

I do need another, but I need to get a new skylight first, then get my car serviced, THEN another external hard drive (in that order).

Can you tell that I don't have any credit cards?? ;)

George

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 01:20:35 AM »

Good night, Jose.  I'm off to bed, too.

DAW

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 02:46:40 AM »

My dinner parties are all floop, all the time.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 04:50:21 AM »

So - uh - DR JOSE, did Raul mention me?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 04:51:25 AM »

Exciting and interesting evening for DR JOSE - with some drama tossed in for good measure.

Most distressing notes today - but coming to this realization yesterday is much better than coming to the same realization on Monday!

I am sure it will be great!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 04:53:55 AM »

Thanks, DR CILLA LIZ!

Yes today will be five hours of consultations, followed by the final performance of KISS ME KATE to a sold out audience, the strike - a party with a talent show (looking at the line up, it seems it will be MANY teenagers doing "special talents", songs from High School Musical, soap operas, and improv.....  It has been my bitter experience that usually the only things in these talent shows that are NOT funny are the comedy sketches.

Dan who plays Fred and I will be recreating our LOVELY moment from A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM....and I might do "New Words" from MR BK's "Unsung Broadway" cd....but appearing on the bill twice MIGHT be overkill.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 04:54:20 AM »

The only things you are sure to find at my dinner parties are paper plates.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 05:00:56 AM »

Good morning, all! Today is a hectic day: post office and pharmacy in a few minutes, luncheon with the Cast Recording List at noon. work all afternoon,dinner with my friend Darrel Karl at 6, then home and watch the episodes of BURN NOTICE and ROYAL PAINS I am taping this morning. I think this afternoon I'll work on the new score for Moross' BALLET BALLADS.

The meeting at the office went well yesterday, and side effects of it were a (hopefully) set date, depending on whether our liaison with the Library of Congress follows through, in DC in August to read through the score of LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40 and some possible work on Jim Dale's one-man show. I've been a fan since BARNUM, and he's been a delight whenever our paths have crossed in the past 30 years. I would love to do the show.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 05:16:16 AM »

Vibes for DR ELMORE for all of his work and planned work!

VIBES for The First Nudie Musical cast and staff......

And now I must get to work.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 05:46:35 AM »

Vibes for DR ELMORE for all of his work and planned work!

VIBES for The First Nudie Musical cast and staff......

And now I must get to work.

Thank you, DR JRand58! I need all the vibes I can get for continuous work to pay off my NY State tax debt ASASP!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to JRand58 with The Man Of La Mancha ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to BK for The First Nudie Musical ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to Everyone for a happy weekend! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 05:55:13 AM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***
for DR Michael S.!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 05:55:56 AM »

***MOST EXCELLENT VIBES & XYLOPHONES***
for bk and the FNM cast and crew!!!!!

Ben

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 05:58:20 AM »

Busy day for me.

The laundry is in the dryer. I'm about to run the weekly virus scan. I have to get a haircut so the people at the Gates Foundation think I'm presentable. Turns out it's a video conference and the office in Seattle will be looking/listening in as well. I had to make some small, last minute changes to a couple of slides in the presentation.

One of the people I'm traveling with bought my round trip train ticket so I don't have to worry about it. We are taking the Northeast Regional Train. I'm leaving at 7:17 and he's getting on the train in Metro Park, NJ. One of the other two people attending lives in Princeton Junction and will leave from there and our big kahuna boss will already be in DC on Sunday for another meeting and he's just taking the train back to NY. He had his tickets purchased well in advance and is taking the 3pm Acela. Jeff and I will be taking the 3:02 Northeast Regional.

Wednesday, will you ever arrive? I'm not asking for Tuesday because I have another meeting Tuesday morning at 10am for which I need to prepare this weekend. It's a big deal meeting to some people but I only have five minutes and they want a PP presentation of 3 slides!!!

I have to go back to the Laundromat soon to begin folding our dry clothing.

Ben

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 05:58:38 AM »

It is a beautiful morning in New York City.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up