Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NUDIE REPORT  (Read 15441 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE NUDIE REPORT
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2009, 04:16:32 PM »

I did want to stop by and say that I did receive my copy of GOD'S LITTLE ACRE.  It took me an hour to notice that Tina Louise was also on the cover.

I can't think of anything else to say today that wouldn't offend several people.  So, I will say good night instead.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »

Does anyone know who the old black lady is wondering through the commercials for IKEA? I hate the commercials. She really creeps me out.

She creeps me out, too, but I like her.  I think someone here pointed out who she was a while back.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »

Has everyone with claim to credit staked said claim yet?

I had a steak with clam sauce that I paid for with my credit card last week.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »

Good Evening!

I think the weathermen and weatherwomen here in New York City should just keep forecasting gray, drizzle and storms for each day of the week.  There was some overcast earlier this afternoon, but it turned into quite a nice sunny later afternoon, and it looks like the sunset-in-progress is nice too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2009, 04:43:45 PM »

DR Matthew - Here's some info form Squidoo:

11) Shhhh, don't tell anyone! Kindle connects free to Whisper (Sprint's EV-DO 3G network). In some areas Whisper isn't available, so the Kindle will get you connected via a second protocol called 1xRTT. This is good news for you because the adding of 1xRTT increases the number of areas where you get wireless access. Yippee!

That doesn't mention anything about overseas access, but I just posted the question on Twitter, so I'll probably have a better answer momentarily. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2009, 04:47:18 PM »

I've accomplished a lot today.  Worked some hours at my temp part-time job, walked the dog a good ways, did some food prep in the kitchen, a load of laundry, computer and phone maintenance chores, some Internet scouring, and started to copy and clear my 2009 Tony collection off the DVR.

Well, since DAW invented the Internets, it's only proper that he keeps them clean and scoured!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »

DR elmore - The "crazy lady" on "ATWT" is not Karen Ziemba.  The actress in question - who plays "Mary Jane Benson" - is Stacy Haiduk.  And, I have to say, it's quite the story line that she's involved in.   ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »

That doesn't mention anything about overseas access, but I just posted the question on Twitter, so I'll probably have a better answer momentarily. ;)

...Or not... still waiting for an @response... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:11 PM »

Thanks everyone for the Kindle info.  According to the Amazon-based Kindle discussion forum, the "whispernet" doesn't work outside of the US. However,  you can still purchase books and download them to your computer and then to your Kindle.  Which works well, too :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2009, 04:58:26 PM »

I did want to stop by and say that I did receive my copy of GOD'S LITTLE ACRE.  It took me an hour to notice that Tina Louise was also on the cover.

I can't think of anything else to say today that wouldn't offend several people.  So, I will say good night instead.

G'night!

Offend away!

It's too early for "G'night", DR TCB.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »

OH!!!

I haz roommates!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

*Now I just need to come up with a properly worded email to our landlord that will insure that she actually comes over to look at the apartment in person for the first time in a year or so - maybe longer.  I pointed out all the "flaws" to the prospective tenants, and they were both fine with said "flaws" (nothing too bad, just some broken tiles, patchy paint job, etc.).  However, since we've actually been owed a fresh coat of paint for the past three - actually five - years, well... Let's just say I'm in the mood to bargain and barter.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »

I believe Karen Ziemba is starring with Barbara Walsh in FIRST WIVES CLUB, coming in July to the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego.

That's it! I could not remember the title although she and I had discussed it when I saw her at the Museum of Broadcasting.

Of course, the crazy lady could have been taped a month ago.

And I believe they kicked into fulltime rehearsals for The First Wives Club today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »

Hi, DR Ben - Did you find your Joseph?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »

Yay! Tonight's the table-turning episode of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY. It's the weakest set of the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF franchise, although the tie for sleaziest skank in the franchise seems to run between the tone-deaf blonde who wants to be a country singer in Atlanta and the 40+ year-old New Jersey cougar with the criminal background and the nearly-lesbian attachment to another of the housewives. All hell should break loose tonight, so that will be fun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2009, 05:11:18 PM »

Yay! Tonight's the table-turning episode of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY. It's the weakest set of the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF franchise, although the tie for sleaziest skank in the franchise seems to run between the tone-deaf blonde who wants to be a country singer in Atlanta and the 40+ year-old New Jersey cougar with the criminal background and the nearly-lesbian attachment to another of the housewives. All hell should break loose tonight, so that will be fun.

Shall I bring the Riunite and potato chips?

::)

???

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2009, 05:13:05 PM »

Just relaxed a little and shall now shower and get ready to be on my way to the theater.  We're quite overbooked tonight, but I suspect we'll have the usual no-shows and be all right - if not, we'll set up extra chairs.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »

Did I just see Karen Ziemba playing a crazy lady on AS THE WORLD TURNS? I sent her an email but she hasn't responded. I think she's doing a new musical. Soon, if not now.

I think the rehearsals for First Wives Club just started in San Diego.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »

The fourth hour of "The Today Show" has had a different New Jerser Housewife filling in for Kathie Lee each day this week.  Danielle was today's guest host, and I have to say that she was reticent, most reticent.

*ARGHH! The exact quote from The Music Man is currently slipping my mind.  Anyone... ??
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »

I believe Karen Ziemba is starring with Barbara Walsh in FIRST WIVES CLUB, coming in July to the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego.
I should have kept reading... You beat me to it FJL

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2009, 05:19:44 PM »

Just relaxed a little and shall now shower and get ready to be on my way to the theater.  We're quite overbooked tonight, but I suspect we'll have the usual no-shows and be all right - if not, we'll set up extra chairs.

Have a great evening!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »

DR Jose, I'm very happy you don't have to move.  When are your new roommates moving in?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »

There's a beautiful Op-Ed piece in Today's NY Times in honor of Bloomsday.  Oh, and here it is:

But Always Meeting Ourselves
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »

DR Jose, I'm very happy you don't have to move.  When are your new roommates moving in?

One is moving in this weekend, and the other will be moving in July 1 - and has already paid his security deposit and rent for the month too!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2009, 05:25:40 PM »

Broken legs for tonight's reading!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DAW

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »

*ARGHH! The exact quote from The Music Man is currently slipping my mind.  Anyone... ??

"Ye Gods"??

"One Grecian urn"??

:D

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »

Thanks for the congrats on my case yesterday.  Today my client came in and not only paid her bill in full but gave me a bonus!  A bonus! Wow!  It was such a happy meeting. She's over the stress of yesterday and was all smiles and giggles.  I love days like this

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2009, 05:28:26 PM »

...And since I happened to be down in Chelsea earlier, I went ahead and walked over to the West Village where I picked up a Steak & Kidney Pie from Myers of Keswick for tonight's dinner.  Quite tasty!

*And for dessert I'm having a Caramel Creme Sandwich and part of a Cran-Almond Crispy* courtesy of The Treats Truck.  *I ate the other part of it earlier. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2009, 05:29:16 PM »

Thanks for the congrats on my case yesterday.  Today my client came in and not only paid her bill in full but gave me a bonus!  A bonus! Wow!  It was such a happy meeting. She's over the stress of yesterday and was all smiles and giggles.  I love days like this

OH! Congrats, a bonus!  Do I sense another trip to Vegas in your near future?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »

"Ye Gods"??

"One Grecian urn"??

:D

Ummm.. It's actually, "Ye Gads!"

There's no cursin' in River City.

Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up