Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST OF JUNE  (Read 20108 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE LAST OF JUNE
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »

Well, I'm leaving work.  When I get home, I will see if they actually put in my new skylight.  I know that they still have some of the roofing to finish, but I want my operable skylight!

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »

I am getting confused.  What night is Fred and Skip's place?  And what night is TWELFTH NIGHT?

I think at this point, for DR elmore (and maybe myself), Twelfth Night will, hopefully, occur either tomorrow night or Thursday.  For DRs Ginny and DH Richard, it will be Thursday.

The dinner at Skip & Fred's will also be on Thursday - pre-theater.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:25:33 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »

But before I go...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

In honor of today's Topic of the Day:

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »

Nice to see that Adam Cates has posted some NUDIE photos (Not that kind!) on Facebook.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »

Whoa!

Just read this on Twitter - it was posted at 7:50pm:

In a standby line for 12th night w more pple than the theatre can hold.

I wonder how many of them continued to wait in the downpour?
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »

Whoa!

I was going to ask earlier how many people can see the show on any night?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2009, 05:27:21 PM »

Whoa!

I was going to ask earlier how many people can see the show on any night?

The Delacorte has a seating capacity of 1800+. All depends how much of playing area is used, and if they set up additional rows.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »

Have the kittens been named yet?

The kittens are 9433, 9434, 9435, 9437, and 9438.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Michael

« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2009, 05:39:05 PM »

WHOA!

Little Mermaid To Close

And Faith Prince signed up for a year as Ursula. I wonder how many jobs she turned down because she thought she was in a Disney Hit!

How much money will they loose on Little Mermaid and I wonder if they are kicking themselves for closing Beauty and the Beast which I believe was still turning a profit at the time
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:52 PM »

TOD

Last Dance (My Favorite)
I Am What I Am
I Will Survive
Enough Is Enough
The Ballad of Sweeney Todd (With sound effects)
It's Raining Men*
YMCA
In the Navy

*It's Raining Men was the very first music video I ever saw on MTV. Coming from Montreal at the time I never heard of MTV or music videos. I was staying at a guest house in NYC and It's Raining Men was playing on the tv in the common room. Someone had to explain to me what it was I was watching.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:47:22 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »

WHOA!

Little Mermaid To Close

And Faith Prince signed up for a year as Ursula. I wonder how many jobs she turned down because she thought she was in a Disney Hit!

How much money will they loose on Little Mermaid and I wonder if they are kicking themselves for closing Beauty and the Beast which I believe was still turning a profit at the time

Well, all contracts have an out, so I'm sure that Faith will be OK. -And at this point, she has a two-month lead time to start searching for other work.  I wish her the best.

As for how much they will lose - not "loose" - well... there are lots of figures out there.  However, even though it may be a "sizable" amount, in the larger scheme of "Disney", I'm sure it's just a drop in the bucket.

And as for closing Beauty & the Beast, it was basically running in the black when it closed, but it also needed to close.  Time-worn set and costumes, some time-worn actors, and since the tours had already been across the country for at least four years, well.. -And they already started making it available to high schools.  It was a good time to close.

The interesting thing to note here is that any of the profits for Disney Theatrical fall under the Disney Entertainment division on the spreadsheets.  It's never broken down as to what money is made directly from the shows, it's all coupled in with the other Disney entertainment properties and venues.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »

Live with it a couple of weeks, DR CILLA LIZ.  Give your brain a chance to adjust to it as the regular color, not a shock because the neurons are expecting the old color.
I painted the rest of the yellow tonight so the only thing left of the yellow are the countertops.  I also gave the color I wasn't comfortable with a second coat and like it much better.   I may have to add a border for a small part of the room.  I found one I like, but we'll see.    I think once the counters are in, I will be very happy.   They are coming on Thursday morning to measure it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »

Well... I think that info is more or less public knowledge. At the very least, the information is presented that way in the annual reports.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »

Live with it a couple of weeks, DR CILLA LIZ.  Give your brain a chance to adjust to it as the regular color, not a shock because the neurons are expecting the old color.
I painted the rest of the yellow tonight so the only thing left of the yellow are the countertops.  I also gave the color I wasn't comfortable with a second coat and like it much better.   I may have to add a border for a small part of the room.  I found one I like, but we'll see.    I think once the counters are in, I will be very happy.   They are coming on Thursday morning to measure it.

Then there's always wallpaper. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »

DR Michael S - I forget - Did you head up to Orlando to see Faith Prince and Davis Gaines in Sweeney Todd earlier this year?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2009, 05:59:18 PM »

Everyone, meet Jane. Jane will be staying with us for a few weeks while her family grows up.

Oh !!! Babies!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »

Well... I think that info is more or less public knowledge. At the very least, the information is presented that way in the annual reports.

So, it was okay to tell Walt that it came from you?
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »

I was able to watch most of the pilot of ROYAL PAINS and then episode 3. I like it so far.

I haven't been able to watch episode 2. Hopefully the channel that shows it in canada will include full episodes on their website (they have their other shows but not this one).

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »

And as for the closing The Little Mermaid... I was hanging out with a friend of mine yesterday afternoon who's on the music staff.  We had actually talking about just how much longer show would run.  I guess we now know.  -And they just started rehearsing two new cast members today... :-\

That would be how my Broadway debut would go.  I would get hired for a hit Broadway show, start rehearsals, and they would announce they are closing.  Sigh!

:D

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2009, 06:02:48 PM »

Have the kittens been named yet?

The kittens are 9433, 9434, 9435, 9437, and 9438.

What happened to 9436??

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »

I painted the rest of the yellow tonight so the only thing left of the yellow are the countertops.  I also gave the color I wasn't comfortable with a second coat and like it much better.   I may have to add a border for a small part of the room.  I found one I like, but we'll see.    I think once the counters are in, I will be very happy.   They are coming on Thursday morning to measure it.

Then there's always wallpaper. ;)

Actually, I saw some great wall paper at the decorating center.  I was considering some for a backsplash.  I've bretty much decided on the border.  I wasn't going to do it becasue it's another cat border, but it's just a little area and it really does tie ti together....let me see if I can upload  a photo or  two.  Not sold on it yet, but liking it better

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »

Jennifer do you have the rest of the pilot to watch later or did you only catch a portion of it?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2009, 06:07:08 PM »

And as for the closing The Little Mermaid... I was hanging out with a friend of mine yesterday afternoon who's on the music staff.  We had actually talking about just how much longer show would run.  I guess we now know.  -And they just started rehearsing two new cast members today... :-\

That would be how my Broadway debut would go.  I would get hired for a hit Broadway show, start rehearsals, and they would announce they are closing.  Sigh!

Well, a Broadway debut is a Broadway debut!

If I'm remembering correctly, when Beauty & the Beast and Hairspray closed, due to the hiring and contract cycles, there were some people who joined the show a month before closing, and I think there was one person in Hairspray who was only with the show for the final week.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »

Well, either it died, or one of the other intake clerks clicked the "next" button and interrupted the sequence.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »

Well, a Broadway debut is a Broadway debut!

If I'm remembering correctly, when Beauty & the Beast and Hairspray closed, due to the hiring and contract cycles, there were some people who joined the show a month before closing, and I think there was one person in Hairspray who was only with the show for the final week.

I am sure that I would top that record!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2009, 06:23:36 PM »

Let's see if I made these small enough

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2009, 06:24:14 PM »

The brown/copper is what I'm not sure about.

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »

this is the border.  Do I want another cat border???  Not so sure about that

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »

I like the paint colors very much.  To clarify, the brown copper is the color under the wonderful cat border or the color behind it?  The color behind doesn't really look like brown copper.  I do like the combination of the two.  The darker color seems like it might be too dark next to the cabinets. 

I think the cats are darling but I know what you mean.  We no longer have cat or animal borders anymore, we don't have borders or paper at all.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up