Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST OF JUNE  (Read 20131 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE LAST OF JUNE
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »

The talk was frustrating, but they are going to deposit $99 into my account in the next couple of days. The manager claims that's as high as they can go. I consider it legalized theft and when I'm dictator there will be blood in the streets.

Give 'em HELL, Harry...I mean Larry. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2009, 03:57:33 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure this was posted here before, but this video is cute

I love that video.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »

Luckily, I'm waiting for a Moross check that hopefully will arrive tomorrow (fingers crossed), I've got an invoice ot to the Library of Congress for Life Begins At 8:40, and on Thursday I pick up the charts I'm doing for Liz Callaway. I've also got the Third Act of Most Happy Fella to do this month.

On the Ohio property front, my two brothers have not been out to check it over since I was back in December! I don't even know if there's a "For sale" sign and contact phone number visible! Oy. I asked the estate attorney if he would drive by and check it out for me.

If we can't sell the property, I wish some arsonist would burn down the house. It's an insured shell at this time.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2009, 04:01:56 PM »

So, are we doing the virtual line tomorrow? What time do we register?

Color me clueless! I'm all wet.

DR elmore - I think Ginny and Richard went ahead and got tickets for Avenue Q for tomorrow night.  However...

Since the ticket demand seems to be quite high, and since I know you want to see the show, you may just want to register for tomorrow night's Virtual Line anyway.  -And if you end up winning and not going with Ginny and Richard, well, at least you will have seen the show.

To register for the Virtual Line:

1) Go to http://vline.publictheater.org/account/

2) Click on the black/white "Virtual Line" box

3) Click on "Register" under "Register A New Account".  However, since the Public Theater uses their subscribers and ticket buyers database, you may already be in their system if you've purchased a ticket from them in the past.

4) Once you've registered or confirmed your registration, then just follow the prompts to Log In to the Virtual Line.

You can register for the evening performance starting at midnight.  The "drawing" takes place at 1:00pm.  Just log back into the Virtual Line between 1:00-6:00 on the day of the show to check if you've "won".

If you have won, then just show up at the Delacorte between 6:00-7:30 with a picture ID to claim your tickets.

Show time is at 8:00.  *And any rain-influenced decisions are not made until 8:00-ish.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2009, 04:03:07 PM »

I'm up - lots of hammering and yammering this morning.

I feel your pain!  The roofers are pounding away right above me!!

:-[ :-[  Oh my George!   :-[ :-[ 
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2009, 04:05:16 PM »

*And to make sure we're all covered, we should all register for Thursday's Virtual Line too.

**And I can also check the Virtual Line results via my iPhone just in case we happen to be out and about and want to know earlier rather than later.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »

DR Matt, I agree with you regarding THE CLOSER, excellent episode and the young actor did a superb job.

DR Cilla I’m shocked you don’t have a will.  Heck, you don’t even have to pay a fortune to have one written for you ;)

Oh yes she does.  She charges herself $150.00 an hour, plus overtime for doing it on the weekend.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »

I'm up - lots of hammering and yammering this morning.

I feel your pain!  The roofers are pounding away right above me!!

:-[ :-[  Oh my George!   :-[ :-[ 

:o

:-X

;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »

DR Matt, I agree with you regarding THE CLOSER, excellent episode and the young actor did a superb job.

DR Cilla I’m shocked you don’t have a will.  Heck, you don’t even have to pay a fortune to have one written for you ;)

Well, right now everything would go to my parents if I died intestate and that's fine with me, so it's not that big a deal.  I can't think of anyone I'd want to give anything to, unless it's a trust for my cats. :)

That is simple.  Would your parents take your cats?  We know Craig will take Sherlock.

Speaking of wills, supposedly Jackson made a will in 2002.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »

Then I rewatched last night's THE CLOSER since I had enjoyed it so much. ENjoyed it all over again. I love Brenda and Fritz working together and their work methods clashing so amusingly.

Very amusing :)

Jane

« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »

Live with it a couple of weeks, DR CILLA LIZ.  Give your brain a chance to adjust to it as the regular color, not a shock because the neurons are expecting the old color.

Whenever I have been hesitant about a paint color or wallpaper, it only got worse.  I always ended up changing it.

I hope the second coat works for you DR Cilla, or you find the perfect color.  I would find it difficult to decide with the yellow counters still there.

Laura

« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »

Everyone, meet Jane. Jane will be staying with us for a few weeks while her family grows up.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »

Jane is very pretty.  I now know a dog & a cat named for me ;)

Jane

« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »

DR Ben, I'm glad your presentation went well.

Laura

« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2009, 04:24:45 PM »

Jane is part of the Little Orange Kitten deal.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »

It's been raining here a lot. The forecast shows thunderstorms and high humidity every day this week. I really hope that it stops tomorrow night for Canada Day. But it looks doubtful.

But if it stops raining tomorrow you would have Canada Dry.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2009, 04:38:54 PM »

DR Laura - I'm just trying to figure out if the look on Jane's face is due to all those kittens feeding, or from you taking her picture while she was nursing? ;)

Will Jane and her kittens be staying with you for a few weeks? Or just Jane? Have the kittens been named yet?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2009, 04:39:18 PM »

Jane is part of the Little Orange Kitten deal.

It looks like a fun trade off.  Of course the difficult part will be giving the family up.  I wouldn't mind fostering some kittens but Keith can't do that.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »

Of course if I fostered kittens maybe I would find I can't really "foster" either.  ;D

Laura

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2009, 04:44:01 PM »

DR Laura - I'm just trying to figure out if the look on Jane's face is due to all those kittens feeding, or from you taking her picture while she was nursing? ;)

Will Jane and her kittens be staying with you for a few weeks? Or just Jane? Have the kittens been named yet?

Jane is overwhelmed today. She was dropped off at the pound this morning and put in a kennel with all those dogs barking nearby. Then she was put in a carrier and taken to a new place. That's a lot in one day.

She is very sweet and has a nice purr. The family will stay until the kittens are pet-shop size, then they will go up for adoption, as will Jane.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2009, 04:45:13 PM »

But Jane, when you send a batch off to adoptions, you can save another family.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »

I'm so glad DR MBarnum won't be there so we can talk about him.

My being there or not has never stoppedy you before.

MBarnum

« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »

Are you certain that DR Sandra won't hijack one of those kittens?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »

Leaving for rehearsal....the Golden Helmet of Mambrino......

One of my favorite songs utilizing odd meters!

Yes, but is it disco?
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »

No. We've done this before.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »

And as for the closing The Little Mermaid... I was hanging out with a friend of mine yesterday afternoon who's on the music staff.  We had actually talking about just how much longer show would run.  I guess we now know.  -And they just started rehearsing two new cast members today... :-\

That would be how my Broadway debut would go.  I would get hired for a hit Broadway show, start rehearsals, and they would announce they are closing.  Sigh!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »

Despite the deluxe accommodations provided to Jane, she has decided the best place for her family is behind the leopard-spotted fainting couch.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »

I am getting confused.  What night is Fred and Skip's place?  And what night is TWELFTH NIGHT?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2009, 05:13:24 PM »

But Jane, when you send a batch off to adoptions, you can save another family.

I know. 

I met a woman who travels a lot & doesn't feel right having her own cat.  Instead she foster's kittens when she is home.  This way there is a set time they must leave & there is no temptation to keep them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up