Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I'LL TELL YOU NO LIE  (Read 16514 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: I'LL TELL YOU NO LIE
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »

PAGE FIVE!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »

George, did you say you do have a Sunday matinee this week, instead of a Sunday evening performance?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2009, 05:49:12 PM »

I hate to lie.  I admit to doing it occasionally, if I really feel I have to-really "white lies".  I need to truly believe it is necessary or I'm terrible at it. 

My older sister was a pathological liar & when we were young often dragged me along while she did stuff I knew we shouldn't be doing.  Of course she insisted I lie about it.  I was so bad at it my parents could usually get the truth out of me which of course made my sister furious at me.  Probably why telling a lie still gives me a stomach ache to this day. 

Thinking about the horrid lies she said about me during our adult years makes me feel far worse.

Have I mentioned I hate lying? ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »

George, did you say you do have a Sunday matinee this week, instead of a Sunday evening performance?

Our one and only Sunday matinee will be this coming Sunday, July 12 at 2:00 pm.  Tickets are available at www.buyolympia.com/events.  Are you thinking of coming down to see it? :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2009, 05:50:53 PM »

I hate to lie.  I admit to doing it occasionally, if I really feel I have to-really "white lies".  I need to truly believe it is necessary or I'm terrible at it. 

My older sister was a pathological liar & when we were young often dragged me along while she did stuff I knew we shouldn't be doing.  Of course she insisted I lie about it.  I was so bad at it my parents could usually get the truth out of me which of course made my sister furious at me.  Probably why telling a lie still gives me a stomach ache to this day. 

Thinking about the horrid lies she said about me during our adult years makes me feel far worse.

Have I mentioned I hate lying? ;D

I don't know, Jane.  You were kind of vague on that point.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2009, 05:58:06 PM »

Our one and only Sunday matinee will be this coming Sunday, July 12 at 2:00 pm.  Tickets are available at www.buyolympia.com/events.  Are you thinking of coming down to see it? :)

I really want to see the show, but I don't know that I could stay awake for a three plus hour show in the evening.  This coming Sunday is absolutely the worst one for me, but I am going to see what I can shift around.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2009, 06:26:04 PM »

Sometimes I'm not sure about "going there" in the notes, but it's fairly cathartic when I do and I really enjoy being honest and forthright.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »

Back from Hamburger Hamlet and my meal/meeting with our very own Mr. Cason Murphy.  I feel a lot more comfortable after our meeting about how certain things are going to work.  He will be involved in any more Nudie readings (as producer, which he did very well), as well as acting as producer on the reading of the long musical, when that ultimately happens.  So, if we do Nudie in NY come October (or whenever) he'll come in and produce that reading.  He's also going to take over certain Kritzerland duties that were being handled by someone else and that's a big load off my mind.  It's not much - one has to only be done twice a year, and then the other is occasionally helping with the addressing and packaging, for which he'll be paid.  So, it was a very productive luncheon and the food was yummilicious.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »

Just before he arrived I received the rough cut of the November 2007 LACCTAA benefit done at the Alex Theater.  It's so nice to finally have the footage edited together.  So far I've watched Act One and I'd forgotten just how much fun the show was and how great the people are.  Once we finalize the cut (I just have a handful of nitpicky things to fix) and add titles, then I'm going to put clips on YouTube, but may even make copies available for dear readers only.  You heard it here first.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »

Amy, of course I thought about lying as the topic, but figured nobody would want to go there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »

Page five?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2009, 06:31:27 PM »

And that's no lie.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »

People are so strange.  There are a group of people on the internet trying to make something out of the fact that Steve McNair's girlfriend, and probably the individual that killed him, was born in Iran.  Puh-leez!  I am as willing as anyone to listen to any conspiracy theory whether it be about JFK or 9/11, but don't try to say that the Iranian government is now in the business of sending spies to America to kill former NFL quarterbacks.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »

Amy, of course I thought about lying as the topic, but figured nobody would want to go there.

Nor would you be able to believe any story that anyone told!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2009, 06:36:26 PM »

Congratulations to Cason Murphy on his expanded responsibilities.  It couldn't happen to a nicer young man.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »

Just before he arrived I received the rough cut of the November 2007 LACCTAA benefit done at the Alex Theater.  It's so nice to finally have the footage edited together.  So far I've watched Act One and I'd forgotten just how much fun the show was and how great the people are.  Once we finalize the cut (I just have a handful of nitpicky things to fix) and add titles, then I'm going to put clips on YouTube, but may even make copies available for dear readers only.  You heard it here first.

That would be incredible.  And speaking of shows, do you think that we may be able to buy copies of the Kevin Spirtas / Sean McDermott show in the near future?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2009, 06:47:37 PM »

Well, folks, this brings us to the end of yet another edition of THE TCB HOUR on your very own internet.  Our special guest on this page has been Mr. Bruce Kimmel.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2009, 06:58:28 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »

Back from Hamburger Hamlet and my meal/meeting with our very own Mr. Cason Murphy.  I feel a lot more comfortable after our meeting about how certain things are going to work.  He will be involved in any more Nudie readings (as producer, which he did very well), as well as acting as producer on the reading of the long musical, when that ultimately happens.  So, if we do Nudie in NY come October (or whenever) he'll come in and produce that reading.  He's also going to take over certain Kritzerland duties that were being handled by someone else and that's a big load off my mind.  It's not much - one has to only be done twice a year, and then the other is occasionally helping with the addressing and packaging, for which he'll be paid.  So, it was a very productive luncheon and the food was yummilicious.

Congrats to Cason and his new job opportunities with "Nudie" and Kritzerland!!

George

« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »

I really want to see the show, but I don't know that I could stay awake for a three plus hour show in the evening.  This coming Sunday is absolutely the worst one for me, but I am going to see what I can shift around.

I'd love to see you again...and I have seen you perform four times now. ::)

;)

But don't feel obligated to see it just for me.  I'm only in four scenes with 10 or so lines. :-\

George

« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »

And it's three hours long.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »

Happy Birthday to very former DR Andrea!

Jane

« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »

DR JRand, what is the story behind you sister having an episode on UFO Hunters?  Sorry I forgot.

George

« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2009, 07:15:48 PM »

I'm heading home.

Until later!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »

Good Evening!

The "Good": It was another beautiful cool and breezy summer afternoon here in NYC.

The "Bad": Well, there really is none. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »

I did manage to get my errands done today, as well as a "drive-by" coaching for a friend. She just needed to sing through the song a few times to make sure she learned it correctly - which she did.  It was a short session, but, heck, it paid for dinner. ;)

Since I was in the 'hood, I went ahead and walked around Chinatown and the Lower East Side for a bit - which is also where I ended up grabbing dinner: Pork and Chive Dumplings from Prosperity Dumpling - 5 for a $1! and a Lemon Custard Bun from Lucky King Bakery - a whopping 75 cents! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »

On the way back uptown, I stopped by The Big Gay Ice Cream to say Hi to Doug.  He was having a slow night - actually, midtown, in general seemed a bit "empty" after last week - so we were able to have a nice chat.  He even gave me a free sample of his newest concoction: vanilla soft-serve drizzled with pumpkin butter.  YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »

The Kevin and Sean show is waiting on Kevin and Sean - we need to go to the next step, which is the mastering, but they've been too busy to start that ball rolling.  I'm hoping by September we'll have it available.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2009, 07:39:02 PM »

Just finished watching act two of the benefit - really a wonderful show all the way around.  Of course, the one performer who caused me to turn into a blubbering fool was Michelle Nicastro - so much history there, and she, despite all her terrible health problems of the last few years, is still so beautiful and then she opens her mouth and sings the first song we ever recorded together (Part Of Your World) and it's just so moving.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up