Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HELLO, AUGUST!  (Read 16922 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: HELLO, AUGUST!
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »

A
APPALOOSA comes on HBO-HD tonight, and I'm still deciding whether I want to watch it or not. I like the cast; I'll have to see how long it is. If it's an epic-length western, I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it.

Appaloosa is the only film I actually went to a movie theatre and paid money to see last year.  I loved it.  Also watched it on a plane.  It's standard length.

I saw the cast and I like them, and I saw the length which certainly seemed acceptable, so I did set the DVR to record it. I'll likely  watch it later tonight or some of it tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2009, 02:49:23 PM »

Page Four Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »

Thanks to DRs ELmore, FJL, and others I've omitted for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2009, 02:53:43 PM »

I watched ROYAL PAINS while I ate lunch. I have really, REALLY tired of the Evan character. Is it the writers' objective to make him as irritating and objectionable as possible? I understand he masks his inferiority complex with ego-driven mania, but it is SUCH a turn-off. He has NO social graces at all and never knows WHEN to shut up or to know his place. I REALLY cannot stand the show when he's taking it over.

Both cases were interesting, and I always enjoy seeing Lee Tergesen guest starring in any show. (Peter Jacobson is not such a welcome guest star. And is there something in his contracts that he always gets matched up with babes twenty years younger than he is?)

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »

I watched another MURDER SHE WROTE episode. In this one Jessica appears on a famous chef's TV program (chef played by John Saxon) and he's later murdered. Good mystery with a surprise killer that I didn't guess.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »

Got a big ol' surprise from Time-Warner cable yesterday: they have added LOGO (the gay network) to our regular digital tier of channels. I couldn't have been more surprised.

When I was the Paramount reviewer, I got many of their series and specials to review since it's a subsidiary of Paramount. But since I've been transferred out of that spot, I wondererd if I'd get to see some of these programs on the network. Now, I'll be able to keep up with the programming on the channel that I'd be interested in. I'm so happy about that.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2009, 03:14:42 PM »

And now I'm heading back down to join Lex Barker in the jungles of Africa.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »

My condolances to DR Ben's DP Anthony. :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »

FJL's doing great - now how about the rest of you.  Don't sit on your collective ASSES - be brilliant!  I want something with iPod, laptops, iPhones, trendy restaurants and foods and people - Lindsay Lohan would be fun, Brittney, Paris Hilton, botox, collagen, plastic surgery, Meg Ryan's lips, Julia Roberts' lips, Robert Downey and jail and drugs, Johnny Depp.

George

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »

~~~Continued Get Better Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »

~~~Continued Get Better Vibes for DR Matt H.!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2009, 03:28:26 PM »

You're the top
You're the bailout package
You're the top
Paris Hilton's rackage

George

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »

Back from the long jog, which was long.  It's gonna be another hot day here in the City of Studio.  I must now leave, but before I do, here's a fun something to do today - and it will be very helpful to me:

In the Kevin and Linda show, we're doing You're The Top - first with a lot of the fun original lyrics, but then we're doing a section of what it would be like if Cole Porter had to write the lyric today - so, here's one possible line:

You're the top,
You're an iPod mini

So, come up with your version of today's You're The Top lyrics - so much to choose from - rhyming is the hard thing and no cheating in terms of scan - it must fit exactly and the emphasis on words can't be off.  Facebook, YouTube, hybrid cars, trendy foods, trendy people like Obama (rhymes with drama, so that should be easy), Martha Stewart, anything happening and now - restaurants, artists, singers, actors, writers, trinkets, gadgets, gamebox, Playstation 3, all of it.  To it and have FUN!

This probably doesn't count as a "real" rhyme, but here's my contribution:

You're the top,
You're a mini iPod
You're the top,
Only dress in IZOD

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »

I've been very ambitious today, and I hope it will not not cause me a bad day tomorrow. I just finished the laundry and i'm all caught up on my proofreading for Life Begins At 8:40.

DR Matt H, Peter Jacobson lives somewhere near me.  I see him occasionally at Artie's. He plays obnoxious folk very well, but he seems pleasant enough whenever I run across him.

I also spoke to my beautiful goddaughter Charlotte. We've made a tentative date to see the new Harry Potter film on Wednesday night.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »

Back from the long jog, which was long.  It's gonna be another hot day here in the City of Studio.  I must now leave, but before I do, here's a fun something to do today - and it will be very helpful to me:

In the Kevin and Linda show, we're doing You're The Top - first with a lot of the fun original lyrics, but then we're doing a section of what it would be like if Cole Porter had to write the lyric today - so, here's one possible line:

You're the top,
You're an iPod mini

So, come up with your version of today's You're The Top lyrics - so much to choose from - rhyming is the hard thing and no cheating in terms of scan - it must fit exactly and the emphasis on words can't be off.  Facebook, YouTube, hybrid cars, trendy foods, trendy people like Obama (rhymes with drama, so that should be easy), Martha Stewart, anything happening and now - restaurants, artists, singers, actors, writers, trinkets, gadgets, gamebox, Playstation 3, all of it.  To it and have FUN!

You're the top,
You're a mini iPod
You're the top,
Only dress in IZOD

;)

You could change the last line to:

If it's made by Izod
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »

I've been very ambitious today, and I hope it will not not cause me a bad day tomorrow. I just finished the laundry and i'm all caught up on my proofreading for Life Begins At 8:40.

DR Matt H, Peter Jacobson lives somewhere near me.  I see him occasionally at Artie's. He plays obnoxious folk very well, but he seems pleasant enough whenever I run across him.

I also spoke to my beautiful goddaughter Charlotte. We've made a tentative date to see the new Harry Potter film on Wednesday night.

Oh Lar, I hope you will be able to go.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »

I'll take plenty of drugs!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »

FJL's doing great - now how about the rest of you.  Don't sit on your collective ASSES - be brilliant!  I want something with iPod, laptops, iPhones, trendy restaurants and foods and people - Lindsay Lohan would be fun, Brittney, Paris Hilton, botox, collagen, plastic surgery, Meg Ryan's lips, Julia Roberts' lips, Robert Downey and jail and drugs, Johnny Depp.

Sorry, BK, I am usually pretty good with this, but today I seem out of touch, and rather weird.

I rhymed "LuPone's new photo"
To "Filet of Toto"

"Mel Gisbson's jailin'"
"To Sarah Palin"

"The Yankee's Jeeter"
"The lastest Tweeter"

See, I am just not in the right mood.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2009, 04:15:43 PM »

But isn't that how you see all the HARRY POTTER movies?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »

You're the top,
You're an iPod mini

You're the top,
You're a mini iPod
You're the top,
Only dress in IZOD

;)

If it's made by Izod

Well, my (very anal retentive) concern is that true rhymes are supposed to be rhymed on the accented syllable and EYE (of ipod or IZOD) is the accented syllable.  It really should be something like "my pod" to officially rhyme with "ipod."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »

Not since 1979!

JMK

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »

You're the top,
You're an iPod mini

You're the top,
You're a mini iPod
You're the top,
Only dress in IZOD

;)

If it's made by Izod

Well, my (very anal retentive) concern is that true rhymes are supposed to be rhymed on the accented syllable and EYE (of ipod or IZOD) is the accented syllable.  It really should be something like "my pod" to officially rhyme with "ipod."

Well, then, how 'bout

Kathy Griffin's "my God"

;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2009, 04:25:37 PM »

Not since 1979!

That must have been some good s*** for you to have seen a HARRY POTTER movie in 1979.  :)

Kerry

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »

I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2009, 04:45:38 PM »

Wow.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

FJL

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »

Heading out to the theater. 

George

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »

I'm leaving work.  I'm going to a birthday party tonight!  I don't think we need to bring gifts, but I'm going to bring some food and I need to go get it. 

Have a good evening, all. :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2009, 05:59:31 PM »

You're the top.
You're an Idol singer
You're the top.
You're on Jerry Springer.

You're the baby's dad
A junkie's pad
On Cops.

And if Tyra wants a model
You're the top!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »

You're the top.
You're Steve Jobs on Dancin'.
You're the top.
That's some fancy prancin'.

You're Simon's thrills
And the pills
That Paula pops!

And if Seacrest needs a date
You're the top!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »

That's all I got right now.

Mediocre at best, but perhaps a talented person can improve.

DR MATTH - my vacation coincides with the run of LA MANCHA....so I just have to think about one thing...and my sister Molly who is coming in from Seattle on August 11 for a couple of weeks!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up