Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NOVELTY ITEMS  (Read 17998 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: NOVELTY ITEMS
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »

DR Ginny - ~~~~~Continued Vibes to Your BIL John and the rest of your Family~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

Thanks for thinking of us Jose.

As you called we were playing with the machine, getting used to the new remote and figuring it all out.

It all seems to work out. Now we can watch a full movie that's longer than 60 minutes!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »

PAGE THREE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH HEAVY CREAM DANCE!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »

As you called we were playing with the machine, getting used to the new remote and figuring it all out.

It all seems to work out. Now we can watch a full movie that's longer than 60 minutes!!!

You're welcome, Ben.  Of course, I'm not sure my "spare" DVD player still works anymore, so... ;)

Enjoy your new Technology!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »

Back from the long jog.  There was a lovely breeze today, so it's not too hot - in fact, it was just right.

DAW

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »

"This long jogging path is TOO HOT."

"This long jogging path is TOO COLD."

"This long jogging path is JUST RIGHT."

:)

DAW

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »

Last night, DR JoseSPiano was enjoying dinner mere miles away from my house.

DAW

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »

I can recall a few novelty items purchased:  the sea monkeys, the gum that was actually a snap-trap. 

But what I really wanted were the x-ray glasses.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »

Last night, DR JoseSPiano was enjoying dinner mere miles away from my house.

OH! I guess I was.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2009, 12:24:30 PM »

DR DAW - Will you be joining us for dinner tomorrow night at Chez Fred & Skip?
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2009, 12:24:34 PM »

Nice to see DR PennyO in these here pages.       :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »

On TV TOnight!™

ABC - WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?, SHARK TANK, DEFYING GRAVITY
CBS - BIG BROTHER 11, THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
NBC - SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
COM - JOAN RIVERS ROAST
FOOD - IRON CHEF AMERICA
H&G - HOUSE HUNTERS, HGTV DESIGN STAR
HBO - TRUE BLOOD, HUNG, ENTOURAGE
USA - LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT, IN PLAIN SIGHT

Thanks for including my two favorite channels  HGTV and Food TV

DAW

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »

Thanks for asking, DR JoseSPiano.  But alas, I cannot attend.

I am hoping that DR Rodzinski will be persuaded to return to HHW, as his time permits.

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »

Note to Cillaliz:

About 7 years ago I had a fairly nasty gall bladder attack (I was driving and had to pull off to the shoulder to curl up in pain and vomit on the ground). The Dr. sent me for an ultrasound which confirmed gall stones. I then went to a Surgeon who set me up to have my gall bladder removed. I was led to believe it would be laparoscopic outpatient surgery. The pre-op briefing from the Dr. suggested that, at my age,  "outpatient" was a "maybe" and that after they had me on the table they may decide to do a full dice and slice and keep me in the hospital for a few days.

I never scheduled the surgery.

I have had no problems since.

der Brucer

Der B - Thanks for your input. I've already decided I will follow up with my doctor and do the ultrasound, but I'm really not interested in surgery right now. I'll wait and see if I have any more prblems.

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »

This morning I made some low fat strawberry ice cream.  I didn't eat much of it, but since it's low fat, I figure it shoudl be all right in moderation.   Now I'm off to the store to get olive oil and containers to freeze tomato sauce in.  Then I'll have the tomatoes out of the way for the busy week ahead.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2009, 12:36:32 PM »

AND  I went to Home Depot to look at glass tile for a backsplash - it's something I've really wanted to do,  And I found one that will work perfectly!!!  I brought home one sheet (it's the little tiles hooked together with mesh on the back - and it will go with the new counter, the wall paint, the floor and the cabinets.  I am SOOO thrilled.  It's a style they keep in stock, so I'm thinking I'll install it as soon as the countertops are in.   I'm going to do the tile work myself.  I think I can swing it

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

This morning I made some low fat strawberry ice cream.  I didn't eat much of it, but since it's low fat, I figure it shoudl be all right in moderation.   Now I'm off to the store to get olive oil and containers to freeze tomato sauce in.  Then I'll have the tomatoes out of the way for the busy week ahead.

DR Cillaliz - Depending how much sauce you want to freeze, you could freeze it "flat" in Zip-Loc bags.  Then you can have a "filing cabinet" of sauce portions.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »

Since then I've been in my recliner.  I'm feeling much better, but not 100%.  Tomorrow we kept the day clear so Edith and I can catch up on things and work together on our new software and things like that.  I have to admit, I'm really glad that I don't have some major hearing or something stressful.  I can rest, cook and pack up part of the kitchen today.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »

This morning I made some low fat strawberry ice cream.  I didn't eat much of it, but since it's low fat, I figure it shoudl be all right in moderation.   Now I'm off to the store to get olive oil and containers to freeze tomato sauce in.  Then I'll have the tomatoes out of the way for the busy week ahead.

DR Cillaliz - Depending how much sauce you want to freeze, you could freeze it "flat" in Zip-Loc bags.  Then you can have a "filing cabinet" of sauce portions.

I considered that, but I have plenty of room in my little deep freeze so I decided to just use the plastic containers that are kind of flat.  I'm freezing in relatively small portions - that way I won't overeat because I had to make a lot!

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »

Ok, off to the store, have a good one everyone!

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2009, 12:52:55 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings.  Richard and I are back from his Sunday obligation in Lima and our daily visit to John's bedside.

Thank you to DRs FJL, Cillaliz, Laura, Jane, TCB, Ben, MBarnum, td, JMK, DAW, Elmore, JRand, and Jose for all the vibes from last night and earlier today.

DR Elmore, to answer your question, Richard has become not only a brother, but the clergy-of-choice, which grants him/us access even during non-visitor times in the ICU.  I can't speak for David.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »

I always liked the section in the grocery store marked, "Ice Cream Novelties."  It confused me a great deal when I found out that "Adult Novelties"  were not similar (well, for the most part).
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »

In other medical news, the MBAs at my insurance company think they know better than my physician which cholesterol medication I should be taking.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »

In other medical news, the MBAs at my insurance company think they know better than my physician which cholesterol medication I should be taking.

But of course!!!    :-\ :-[ :P >:( >:( >:(
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

Hot, hot, hot here, and I don't mean sexy hot but humid hot Ugh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »

You're welcome, Ben.  Of course, I'm not sure my "spare" DVD player still works anymore, so... ;)

Enjoy your new Technology!

I gave best friend John one of my spare DVD players. For someone who updates technology fairly frequently, these things tend to pile up.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »

I watched PSYCH while I ate lunch. It was an OK episode to start its new season. Cary Elwes, even heavier and more mature now, is still a pleasure to look at.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2009, 01:35:46 PM »

I also watched one DEXTER episode even before I started eating lunch, so that enabled me to get five or the six remaining episodes watched this afternoon.

What a pleasure to see this wonderful series again. I don't think Season 3 was quite the equal of seasons 1 or 2 (especially 2 which is my favorite), but it was still quite wonderful. Jimmy Smits made a great partner/nemesis for Dexter during the season.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »

Knowing you, BK, I can't imagine you ever dreaming about fake vomit!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »

When I go back down, I'll finish the last episode. Then, the bonus features are all contained on BD-Live on-line (which I thoroughly don't like since lots of people don't have their Blu-ray machines hooked up to the internet). The content doesn't look great, but I'll take a look anyway. Looks like some interviews and some script pages compared to novel pages.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up