Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT  (Read 44421 times)

DAW

Re: TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »

I would like to get a graduate degree in Histrionics.  Who has the best program?

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »

JRand and Bk, just a reminder that this DVD set came out today....

MBarnum

« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »

And this DVD set just arrrived in my mailbox today...(it released last week)

Laura

« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2009, 09:15:53 PM »

Are you feeling better tonight, MBarnum?

DAW

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:27 PM »

But who was the MOTHER of Godzilla?

DAW

« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »

Riddle me that!

DAW

« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - have you actually tried the Bacon ice cream??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - have you actually tried the Bacon ice cream??

You mean the Choinkwich?

If so, well....

Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2009, 09:35:13 PM »

;D

td

• td
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2009, 09:35:18 PM »

bk - I say stick with Season Five, the payoffs are thrilling.
I'm sorry that you don't like Daniel Faraday, but he's been one of my favorite characters since his first appearance.  The Desmond/Daniel-centric episode, "The Constant" (in season four) is my all-time favorite episode of the series.
I don't think that the character of Faraday calls for "Sturm and Drang" acting, and his soft-spoken nature is such of a socially-challenged scientist, who has probably had more conversations with his lab animals than with humans; I think the acting choice is right for the character, though I never really thought of his performance as "whispering."

On a similar note, I have come across an actor whose speaking DID bother me:  on TRUE BLOOD, the ancient vampire Godfried's portray spoken most of his lines in a halting, nearly stuttering way that just made me want to throw my shoe at the teevee.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »

On a similar note, I have come across an actor whose speaking DID bother me:  on TRUE BLOOD, the ancient vampire Godfried's portray spoken most of his lines in a halting, nearly stuttering way that just made me want to throw my shoe at the teevee.

Do you mean Godfrey/Godric?
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »

Driving the DH to the hospital tomorrow this morning for a procedure.  Nothing too serious.

Hope I can manage to stay awake in the waiting room!

Laura

« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

Vibes to Jayson for his procedure tomorrow.

td

• td
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2009, 10:09:53 PM »

Yeah, he's the one. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »

So... Semi-random question..

Has any other DR been following Alice Ripley's YouTube series?

Just wondrin'.... ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

Watching Lost, Season Five now - I do hope this entire season isn't going off on all these weird and hard to follow tangents, because it's beginning to be irritating.  And I must say, my least favorite actor on the show is the guy who plays Daniel Faraday - one of these hopeless whispering, mumbling twit actors I can't stomach.  Everyone else talks nice and loud on this show except for this guy and I just want to hurl my shoe at him and say, "Speak up, idiot - the people standing next to you, if they didn't know your lines, would never be able to hear a word you're saying."

Odd, because I never had any trouble understanding/hearing him.  But...for what's worth, Bruce...the 5th Season is my favorite, thus far.  Many developments ahead....!!!!

I'M BEGINNING TO WONDER IF SOMEONE MAY NEED A HEARING AID?

::)

Seriously, some people whisper. Some people talk at a "normal" level.  And others are "loud-talkers".  Whispering is nothing new.

bk - Just keep watching and try not to let it bother you. There could be worse things to dampen your enjoyment of the series, any series.

Not necessarily in need of a hearing aid.    All of us react differently to certain pitches...and some voices can really irritate us.  In this case, it could be the pitch of the actor's voice pushes a lot of buttons for BK.

Remember that report a couple of decades ago about some guy who had seizures every time a TV entertainment show aired and that the cause was the voice of that show's female co-star?  I think it was "Entertainment Tonight", but I don't recall the woman's name.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »

Yeah, he's the one. . .

My reaction to him was completely different.  He had a very soft speaking voice.  His syntax that was a bit different...an off beat here or there....but he always spoke his words distinctly.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »

But who was the MOTHER of Godzilla?

Godzelda, of course.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:43:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2009, 10:35:07 PM »

Tonight's the NIGHT:

Big Brother 11 and one certain player's meltdown/expulsion from the house!

Histrionics guaranteed.

I have been counting the minutes until it starts!!!!

POSSIBLE SPOILAGE

I have to say I was a bit disappointed in what they showed us.  SO MUCH was done before Allison called Chima into the diary room, including Natalie and Chima hiding the other housemate's clothes and doing other ugly things.   Chima was on my radar from the git-go as a wholly unsuitable misfit of a player.  Her brand of entitlement is nothing more than selfishness magnified to an unlimited degree.

Lydia is a major disappointment as a human being...especially one who was,  allegedly, a nanny for Paul McCartney's ex-wife.  She's been saved by Jeff several times in either his voting for someone else to leave or by his taking her off the block.  And now she is so viciously bitchy to him for, apparently, saving her and evicting Jessie.  Her calling Jordan a "ho" is indicative of what a skank she really is.  As one can read in Dingo's Hamsterwatch online, it was Lydia who gave Jessie various forms of "release" in the quiet and darkness of the HOH room. 

Funny how Natalie said, in the diary room, that she had been running the house up until recently.  Yes, she's bitter, but she's a poor sport for a so-called "athlete."

I just don't get Kevin and why he is so invested in his coven of losers.  He seems pretty smart.  And to his credit, he has no enemies in the house.

End SPOILAGE
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:04:35 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »

And now....

Presenting "Total Eclipse of the Heart" as a FLOWCHART.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2009, 10:42:39 PM »

Watching Lost, Season Five now - I do hope this entire season isn't going off on all these weird and hard to follow tangents, because it's beginning to be irritating.  And I must say, my least favorite actor on the show is the guy who plays Daniel Faraday - one of these hopeless whispering, mumbling twit actors I can't stomach.  Everyone else talks nice and loud on this show except for this guy and I just want to hurl my shoe at him and say, "Speak up, idiot - the people standing next to you, if they didn't know your lines, would never be able to hear a word you're saying."

Odd, because I never had any trouble understanding/hearing him.  But...for what's worth, Bruce...the 5th Season is my favorite, thus far.  Many developments ahead....!!!!

I'M BEGINNING TO WONDER IF SOMEONE MAY NEED A HEARING AID?

::)

Seriously, some people whisper. Some people talk at a "normal" level.  And others are "loud-talkers".  Whispering is nothing new.

bk - Just keep watching and try not to let it bother you. There could be worse things to dampen your enjoyment of the series, any series.

No, today's actors whisper and mumble - has nothing to do with a hearing aid - I hear everyone else just fine.  He's just not a good actor, and I hate this "style" of acting - I find it appalling. It doesn't ruin my enjoyment - it just annoys me when he's onscreen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »

JRand and Bk, just a reminder that this DVD set came out today....

It's here and I've checked out the transfers, which look quite nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: August 18, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »

Ooh, Adam 12 Season Three!  More great shots of the Valley as it was.

MBarnum

« Reply #263 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »

Yes, RLP, Lydia was orignally one of my favorites but now I do not care for her at all. When she watches this season for herself she will see that Jessie didn't give a darn about her. Natalie also appears to be one of those "mean drunks."

Natalie is very immature and Chima should never have been part of this contest to begin with. Don't these people realize this is a game they are playing?!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:11:56 PM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »

Yes, RLP, Lydia was orignally one of my favorites but now I do not care for her at all. When she watches this season for herself she will see that Jessie didn't give a darn about her. Natalie also appears to be one of those "mean drunks."

Natalie is very immature and I Chima should never have been part of this contest to begin with. Don't these people realize this is a game they are playing?!

Natalie and Lydia were both immersed in the cult of Jessie.  I think they, and Chima, are lithium-deprived.  Rational thought doesn't apply to their behavior or actions.

The sad thing about Lydia leaving this week, if she does, is that she will expect to rush into the arms of Jessie in the jury house.   But....now that he's out of the game, I wonder how much time he'll actually have for her.  ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »

And now, I'm off.  Off to my sister's.  She bought me a cookie in Portland. 

Yippie.

;)

I'm sure it'll be very good.

Until later!

One cookie?  Hope it's a really good one

Actually, it was a very good one and three-quarters of another one!  It wasn't just a cookie...it was two six-inch chocolate chip cookies sandwiched with vanilla frosting!  I haven't tried it yet, but it looks YUMMY!  Also, my sister bought herself a frosting-filled snickerdoodle sandwich cookie of the same size.  She had had about a quarter of it and didn't want any more of it, so I took it.  I did try that one and it's very good.  :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2009, 12:09:13 AM »

She also brought me a bag of cashew-coconut brittle.  I LOVE cashews and coconut and (usually peanut) brittle, so having all three (without the peanuts) sounds de-lish!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2009, 12:12:53 AM »

Today from UPS, I received a 1 Terabyte external hard drive...and with the two $40 rebates (and $8 shipping), it'll only end up costing me $78!  I love deals like that!

George

« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »

I'm watching TV right now...just had to share. :)

George

« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2009, 12:13:52 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up