Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK SANS COMPUTER  (Read 45951 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:BK SANS COMPUTER
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2004, 09:07:40 AM »

BK mentioned GIVE A GIRL A BREAK in his notes. I have that on laserdisc (in a double feature laser package with EVERYTHING I HAVE IS YOURS), and they're both such fun, "minor" MGM musicals with major talent and lovely dancing by the Champions.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2004, 09:16:11 AM »

Excellent posts so far. Now let's keep posting until the heifer's make it back to the farm. ...No, that's not quite bk... How's about - All this farshtinkener trouble with AOL - drat them, drat them all to hades - and the horse they rode in on! That better?

Keep posting. Remember you're saving sweet lil' ol' moi from disgrace! I'm shaking my pom-poms. :-* :-* :-*

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2004, 09:21:08 AM »

DR RLP:

You cannot be aghast here.  We will have no ghasts.  Some gapes occasionally, and now and then a gog or two.  But no ghasts, please.  If you are one, then get thee hence.

BK not
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2004, 09:31:27 AM »

Still no sign of Freddy  :'(

With the wedding happening today I am just trying to focus on the positive, but it ain't easy. I will wait and have a slight breakdown on Saturday maybe.

Shorty I will go to the Humane Society and find out if they have a portly Siamese mix who was picked up for truancy!

I did scour the neighborhood via car this morning and saw no squished kitties on the road so that is a good sign! Whew!

I miss my pussycat terribly and it is so strange to go to bed without him lying next to me purring away.

Ok, enough of that! On to other things....( and thanks for the continued Freddy vibes!)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 09:40:56 AM by MBarnum »

Panni

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2004, 09:35:50 AM »

STRONG STRONG FREDDY VIBES FROM ABIE - WHO IS KINDA INTERESTED IN CATS. ABIE SAYS "WOOF!" (MEANING - FREDDY GO HOME ALREADY!)

FREDDY, COME HOME!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FREDDY HOME VIBES![/move]

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2004, 09:39:18 AM »

Media Check:

Won't likely have time to watch my weekly Bollywood movie, but I have been enjoying some new Bollywood soundtracks that I recevied in the mail this week!

Here is the CD from the film Ittefaq starring my favorite Bollywood actor Sunil Shetty!

Panni

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2004, 09:39:24 AM »

Anybody see the Bob Dylan commercial for Victoria's Secret???  Now if someone had told you that one day Bob Dylan, THE Bob Dylan, would be pitchman for Victoria's Secret, you would've said...

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2004, 09:40:40 AM »

I miss my pussycat terribly and it is so strange to go to bed without him lying next to me purring away.

(With those sleeping arrangements, you can rest assured that if I were Freddy I'd NEVER stray from home!)

Come home Freddy!!!  
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Panni

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2004, 09:41:04 AM »

MBarnum - Both the Bollywood star's name and the movie title could be bad news in the wrong hands. Not MY hands, of course.

Jay

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2004, 09:42:52 AM »

Here is the CD from the film Ittefaq starring my favorite Bollywood actor Sunil Shetty!

I suppose it doesn't matter very much whether he can sing or not, eh?

Panni

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2004, 09:45:13 AM »

We must be getting quite, quite close to Page Three.
I think I'll shake the old pom-poms and do the splits again.
... Here I go....   Ouch! :P  
I'm not a kid, you know what I mean? So if I can do the splits for heaven's sake, you (and you know who you are)  can post!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2004, 09:47:18 AM »

Good morning!  
Doing my part to keep the posts up...
I arose early this morning for some reason, got my room all cleaned up, took out the garbage...stopped short of doing the dishes, though.  I'll do those tonight.  
It's a beautiful day here in the northwest.  We're supposed to finally get some great spring weather around here.  About time, I say

MBarnum - Many good vibes for the return of your Freddy!  I had a Himalayan cat named Gem when I was younger...raised him from a kitten.  He would go wandering from time to time...we did find him in the hoosegow once.  Then one day when I'd gone away to college, he wandered off and never came back...I still miss him :(
I hope Freddy comes home soon!!!

Jay

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2004, 09:50:17 AM »

Where in tarnation is everyone?  My mental is going undelictated.  Yes, my mental is going terribly undelictated.  That sounds serious, doesn't it, Dear Readers?  Yes, it sounds like a serious medical condition, indeed.  I think I shall have to go to the doctor and have him check my mental in its undelictated state.  Perhaps I shall see Dr. Kildare.  Or perhaps Dr. Ben Casey.  Better yet, I shall have a joint consultation with both of them, which would be a paradox.  

What the hell am I talking about?  Now post 'til the cows come home, Dear Readers, or I shall have to ply you with the tale of the Randy Vicar and the stethoscope.

Panni

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2004, 09:51:27 AM »

When I lived in Toronto, there was a station that ran Bollywood films late every weekend night, as I recall. They were great!

Panni

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2004, 09:53:44 AM »

I believe the bk dybbuk (the bybbuk?) has entered DR Jay.

Panni

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2004, 09:54:44 AM »

But the thought also strikes me - Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2004, 09:59:37 AM »

Dear Cheerleader Panni,
When you were, sans computer, banging pots in hopes of making posts, were you momentarily confused by an anagram?  Post - pots.

I'll admit to the same sort of confusion.  I sometimes blame it on the summer thing, instead of the summer night, etc.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Panni

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2004, 10:02:29 AM »

Dear Cheerleader Panni,
When you were, sans computer, banging pots in hopes of making posts, were you momentarily confused by an anagram?  Post - pots.

That must've been it. Although I have to admit that I'm often momentarily confused.

Will page three NEVER come?

Lulu

• "Big hair makes the rest of me look smaller!"
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2004, 10:08:52 AM »

On the DVD queue for this weekend:

Tonight: The Bride with White Hair (HK horror film)
Saturday: Doris Wishman double feature: Bad Girls Go to Hell and Another Day, Another Man (complete with a "Let's Go to the Drive-In" option that includes trailers, intermission concession stand ads, etc.)  Jrand, are you reading this?  I'm SURE you've seen these classics...how are they?  ;)
NOW: Becca in "Rabbit Hole."

Jed

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2004, 10:09:01 AM »

All this talk of cheerleading reminds me of the wonderful cheer our university marching band would do at football games...
"Gimme an F!  Gimme an A!  Gimme a C!  Gimme an E!  What does that spell?  F MAJOR SEVEN!!!"
Gotta love music nerd humor. :)

DVD and VCR both empty at the moment
CDs - The First Nudie Musical DVD companion CD, Lost in Boston III, Wicked
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 10:10:03 AM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2004, 10:10:53 AM »

POTS = STOP = TOPS
--Wayland Flowers

Lulu

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2004, 10:11:04 AM »

*waves*

Hi, Jed!

Haven't seen you lately.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2004, 10:13:32 AM »

I am working outside of my home office, and have sneaked into an empty office to use a computer.

Through my freelancing years - as I venture from suburb to suburb - I have discovered some of the best bakeries and restaurants in the bleakest strip malls. Today I stopped at a Lebanese bakery in Scarborough (which locals refer to as Scarberia), and am munching away at a cookie assortment. I try to observe Passover, which starts next week, so am getting my pre-matzah fix.

I love the BKesque posts, which are even better than the entries in a Faulkner competition.

Better get back to work and cookies.

Come home already, Freddy.

Jed

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2004, 10:14:36 AM »

I shall be E&T over the next couple days.  Will shortly be heading in for a half-day of work, after which I shall immediately be getting in my handy-dandy automobile and crossing the state to see my cousin's high school production of Guys and Dolls this evening.  Then tomorrow night, I shall be joining DR Ann at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre to see Thoroughly Modern Millie.  So I may check in from DR Ann's computer at some point this weekend, but if not I shall most likely return to this divine madness Monday.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2004, 10:16:07 AM »

BK?  Who needs 'im?  Oh my, oh my, when the cat's away [sorry, MBarnum] the mices will play.  And we seem to be steaming along quite well without him.  Could we perhaps foment a mutiny and take over hhw, forcing him to walk the plank?

But to redeem my above slip of the type, if vibes have any effect on the feline species, let me add:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA FREDDY![/move]
--Wayland Flowers

Jay

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2004, 10:16:23 AM »

I actually remembered to put some fresh CDs into the car CD player this week:

William Finn's Elegies

The Judy Garland Carnegie Hall Concert

The disc from the Smithsonian Institution 4-disc set of American Musical Theatre that contains two songs from Lady in the Dark:  Miss Gertrude Lawrence singing "The Saga of Jenny" and Mr. Danny Kaye singing "Tschaikowsky"

Urinetown OBC recording

A full disc of excerpts from Prokofiev's score to the ballet Romeo and Juliet

Lulu

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2004, 10:16:44 AM »

51, count them, 51 posts at 9:11 a.m. pacific time?  

This will not do, no this will not do at all.  I simply must have more posts.  There are precisely 17.039 LURKERS online right now.  Hello, LURKERS.  Why not join us and post something?

I want to see more posts.  Yes, I want to see more posts right now, or we will never be the most popular site on all the internet.  If I see more posts PRONTO (or even Tonto), I will do the Dance of the Seven Veils (although I have but six veils) and the Hora and also the Pudding Dance (Butterscotch).  

If I do not see more posts, I shall have to resort to sterner methods of persuasion, such as regaling you all with the Tale of the Randy Vicar and the Method of Discipline He Used Upon Those Who Refused to Post.  Oh, it is a randy tale, full of ribaldry and tawdry, licentious, bawdy deviltry.  And I shall unleash it unless I see a frenzy of posting occur, posthaste.

Ben

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2004, 10:16:46 AM »

We will be on Page 3 at Post Number 60. We go to Page 2 after Post Number 29 and we go to Page 3 after Post Number 59 and we go to Page 4 after Post Number 89, etc., etc,. etc.,  (a King and I reference). It's sad that I have noticed the number deliniations for posting pages, but that's part of my character. What can I say, except, KEEP POSTING until BK comes back or he might get rid of his computer!!!

Lulu

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2004, 10:17:07 AM »

*whew*

Well, that's MY attempt to stand in for BK while he is computer-less.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2004, 10:18:09 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FREDDY COME HOME VIBES[/move]
DR MBarnum, last summer a beautiful cream colored cat made itself a guest in my mom's basement for over three days.  We knew he was someone's pet because he wore a collar.  But it was extremely skittish--he would calmly sit and stare at you while you were at a distance, but then would bolt behind my dad's workbench if you came near.  We attempted to coax him out and lure him towards the cellar door to the backyard, but nothing doing (though he did help himself to the dishes of catfood and water we left out once we were upstairs and out of sight.)  I took a picture of him with my digital cam and went around to the neighbors but no one recognized him.  And calls made to the county animal welfare office were met with an answering machine.   My mom wasn't about to leave the cellar door open during the night, so there were no nocturnal check-outs.  Finally, on the fourth day, my mom called me to tell me that her guest didn't eat any of his lunchtime meal.  And sure enough, when I got there that evening, she had already spotted him in the neighbor's yard.  The good news was that my mom's basement was free of spiders for the rest of the summer.  The bad news is that she has yet to find where he might have relieved himself.

So maybe Freddy is just freeloading somewhere for a few days.  Try to let all the neighbors you can contact know that he's missing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 10:22:48 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up