Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK SANS COMPUTER  (Read 45628 times)

Ben

Re:BK SANS COMPUTER
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2004, 10:18:38 AM »

Only two more posts to go before we get to the long awaited Page 3. Here's another for the effort.

Well, actually two people beat me to it and this is the post for Page 3.

Dance, Dance, Dance Little Lady, So Upset With Second Best, No Rest You'll Ever Find (a Noel Coward Reference).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 10:19:52 AM by Ben »

Lulu

• "Big hair makes the rest of me look smaller!"
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2004, 10:18:48 AM »

PAGE 3 DANCE!!!!!!
NOW: Becca in "Rabbit Hole."

Jed

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2004, 10:19:46 AM »

*waving his fershluganah arm off*

Well, hello to you, Lulu!  I've certainly been around, just perhaps not as prolific as at some other times. :)  Must say again how happy I am to see you posting on a regular basis again.  Definitely brings a smile to my face.  Your occasional HHW sabbaticals are most unseemly, I say!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Lulu

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2004, 10:20:39 AM »

Ben, you big silly.  You messed up my count. :)

BTW, call me crazy (and you'd be quite correct), but I never knew until you mentioned it a few days ago that you actually WORKED for Nickelodeon in the '80s.

I just thought you enjoyed dressing up as DangerMouse.

Shows you the kind of people I typically am friends with...   ;)

Lulu

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2004, 10:21:51 AM »

Jed, I know you've been around, but we're never around at the same times.  Typically you're here long after I'm tucked into bed and having frolicsome adventures with Flip and Little Nemo in Slumberland...

Nice to see you here!

Ben

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2004, 10:23:51 AM »

I have to remember to copy the word fershluganah and keep it someplace near my computer. Every time I want to use it, I forget how to spell it and to misspell it would be most unseemly.

Post away my pretties. We are sort of like Ministers Sans Portfolio as BK is Head Honcho Sans Computer.

Jed

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2004, 10:23:52 AM »

My goodness, we've got a full-fledged frenzy going on here, folks!  I am jiggy, oh yes, jiggy am I, and am jiggy I.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2004, 10:24:16 AM »

I suppose it doesn't matter very much whether he can sing or not, eh?

My, we think alike, dear brother.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2004, 10:24:21 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FREDDY![/move]

[move=RIGHT,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FREDDY![/move]

[move=UP,scroll,6,transparent,100%]COME HOME, FREDDY![/move][/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2004, 10:25:19 AM »

Jed, I know you've been around, but we're never around at the same times.  Typically you're here long after I'm tucked into bed and having frolicsome adventures with Flip and Little Nemo in Slumberland...

Nice to see you here!

Damn those time zones!!!  I rather enjoy being here at this hour now and then... means I got to sleep in. :D

Ben

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2004, 10:29:03 AM »

Careful you don't jiggy yourself into something serious young man. You never know what can happen when people get too jiggy.

Working for Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, a Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nickelodeon (I don't know if they still use that tag line anymore, but it was burned into my brain in the 80s) was fun. I did a few appearances with former Double Dare Hose Marc Summers, now the host of Unwrapped on Food Network. A nicer guy you couldn't find in all of Show Business (exception being our own BK).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2004, 10:29:25 AM »

We will be on Page 3 at Post Number 60. We go to Page 2 after Post Number 29 and we go to Page 3 after Post Number 59 and we go to Page 4 after Post Number 89, etc., etc,. etc.,  (a King and I reference). It's sad that I have noticed the number deliniations for posting pages, but that's part of my character. What can I say, except, KEEP POSTING until BK comes back or he might get rid of his computer!!!

Do you think, that BK might be out with the cows, and might actually stay out until said cows come home???
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2004, 10:29:26 AM »

BK?  Who needs 'im?  Oh my, oh my, when the cat's away [sorry, MBarnum] the mices will play.  And we seem to be steaming along quite well without him.  Could we perhaps foment a mutiny and take over hhw, forcing him to walk the plank?

Or we could do the Trading Spaces thing and completely redesign the site before he gets back.  I'll volunteer to paint the walls sunflower orange if someone will go to Pier 1 Imports to buy a lot of cheap ugly picture frames.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jed

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2004, 10:32:14 AM »

Hmmm... a thought just occured to me.  Anybody ever wonder if our favorite mathematician Mr. Orr and his Joe are perhaps extraterrestrial beings?  How could we have been so blind these couple years to not figure it out?  

WFO = double UFO!!!

Ok, maybe sleeping in isn't such a good idea for me after all...

Jed

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2004, 10:34:34 AM »

Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, a Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nickelodeon (I don't know if they still use that tag line anymore, but it was burned into my brain in the 80s)

And now it shall be running rampant in my brain all day.  Thanks a lot, Ben!!! :D

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2004, 10:34:59 AM »

Thanks DR Ben for the page stats :)

For some reason I thought it was #26 that took us to page 2!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2004, 10:35:36 AM »

Hmmm... a thought just occured to me.  Anybody ever wonder if our favorite mathematician Mr. Orr and his Joe are perhaps extraterrestrial beings?  How could we have been so blind these couple years to not figure it out?  

WFO = double UFO!!!

Like father, like son!  This site is in the very best of hands.
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2004, 10:37:38 AM »

Or we could do the Trading Spaces thing and completely redesign the site before he gets back.  I'll volunteer to paint the walls sunflower orange if someone will go to Pier 1 Imports to buy a lot of cheap ugly picture frames.

You've been to my house?

Panni

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2004, 10:38:35 AM »

Great to see you, TCB! How're you doing?

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2004, 10:40:26 AM »

I did a few appearances with former Double Dare Hose Marc Summers, now the host of Unwrapped on Food Network.

I can only imagine what a Double Dare Hose might be.  

How do I meet Mr. Summers?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 10:41:42 AM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2004, 10:42:37 AM »

Do you think, that BK might be out with the cows, and might actually stay out until said cows come home???

For that matter, maybe BK has finally ventured to Tarnation to check it out himself.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2004, 10:43:38 AM »

We can only do Trading Spaces if I can be Hildy.  I want to staplegun platic flowers everywhere!

Btw, has anybody (DR Jose maybe) been watching Trading Spaces Home Free?  It's on Sunday nights at 8pm on TLC.  And it's a head to head competition where America votes on the winner each week.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2004, 10:43:42 AM »

And on a more serious note (G#):

Joe and I spent last evening with the family of one of his Angels, who helped him survive his recent ordeal.  The gentleman has a wife and five, count'em, five kids who are living in his mother's house, struggling by until their family once more has a father.

We spent a pleasant hour or so chatting with his wife, commiserating about the *%#@$ lawyers, the *&$&# judges, the *^#%*$ correction officers, the $^^$#%& doctors and sun-dried others.  She and Joe told tales of misery and heroism, and we were all very supportive of each other.

The mother then arrived, after spending a twelve-hour day decorating her church with various gewgaws made of palm fronds for Palm Sunday.  Joe and I both made a special effort to praise her son and let her know that even in the most trying of circumstances he was seen as a giving and caring person, not just by Joe, but by others with physcal problems.  The man himself has a metal plate in his head, having been in a coma for several days after a brutal beating by the cossacks (for which, his family has found, there is little legal recourse), and yet he showed more interest in the well-being of others than in his own during the period that he and Joe were together.

A little story from his mother:  if a prisoner is attacking a guard, and that prisoner is restrained by another prisoner, thus protecting the guard and possibly saving his life, what would be the reaction of the authorities?  Well, in this case he was disciplined for "interfering with orderly conduct".  This is the mentality one must face in this place.

Both his wife and his mother seemed to be very strong indeed, getting through this ordeal with smiles and grit.  Optimistically, the father will be returned to his family sometime this summer.  Yes, sometime this summer, he'll come galloping over the green.  Until that time, my Joe tells me he feels an obligation to give them some help and support in return for what was done for him while he was away.

Yes, it was rather an emotional meeting.  Yes, we feel all this should never have happened in the first place.  But still, I keep hearing my late mother saying, as she always would, "God must have had a reason for this."  Perhaps the reason is beginning to reveal itself.

The one thing the mother kept telling us was, "Don't let evil people sour you on the whole human race.  Otherwise, you become just like them, and they have won."
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2004, 10:47:25 AM »

Btw, re: Freddy

Does he go out everyday?

More good vibes for Freddy (very worried now :()

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2004, 10:47:30 AM »

Great to see you, TCB! How're you doing?

Hanging in there, for the moment, Panni.  Thanks for asking.

“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

Alright, I must be off... keep up the good work, all y'all.  I expect it to take me HOURS to catch up on posts when I return from my weekend!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2004, 10:50:17 AM »

DR WFO: Are you trying to make us all cry again?

I think you both have the best attitude.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2004, 10:53:57 AM »

WFO = double UFO!!!

It took you this long?  I guess I should be thankful not to hear the either/or jokes of my childhood incessantly on this site.  ;D

Being an incorrigible punster myself, I have learned one principle over the years.  If you think of an absolutely outrageous and original pun on someone's name and have an urge to make it--don't.  They have heard it ever since they were three, and they're sick of it.

But it is sooo hard when I call roll in my current Geometry class to restrain myself when I come to Sherry Garcia.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Panni

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2004, 10:54:33 AM »

For that matter, maybe BK has finally ventured to Tarnation to check it out himself.

Last report, he was seen at the corner of Ventura and Tarnation.
BTW - I have it on good authority that the technician has found a corrupted part of the hard drive which may be the source of all the tsuris. If everything goes well, the computer should be back in bk's home environment and as good as almost-new by late this afternoon.

I'm going to lead a cheer for "computer good as new" vibes...

...Once again -- the splits (gets harder  :-\ each time)...a shake of the pom-poms... And on the count of three, let's send fixed computer vibes bk's way...
ONE
TWO
THREE!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD COMPUTER VIBES![/move]

« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 10:56:13 AM by Panni »

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2004, 10:55:14 AM »

DR TCB we are all thinking about you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up