Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THONGS FOR TODDLERS  (Read 12555 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THONGS FOR TODDLERS
« on: October 12, 2009, 12:19:18 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes sang the same old thong, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently at Macy's buying some thongs for their calves.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THONGS FOR TODDLERS
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 12:19:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: DESCRY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 12:54:24 AM »

I have nothing to say about thongs.  I have no interest in them...especially wearing them. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 03:50:41 AM »

I wish I had an opinion on the TOD
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 05:33:21 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Quiet day ahead for us.  Maybe we should go to the new outlet mall...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 05:43:10 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm "debating" whether or not to take a nap - and, most likely, end up sleeping through most of the day - or head back out into the clear, cool, almost-Winter-like air and spend Columbus Day walking around the Isle of Manhattan.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 05:44:39 AM »

TOD:

I pretty much agree with everything in BK's rant (though I do think that thongs do have their place in society, but only as entertainment.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 05:45:10 AM »

I'm currently watching "The Today Show"...

-The ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center is already set up and open for business... WTF?

-Justin Bieber is performing... At least he's singing live with no "Auto-Tune".. But, again... WTF?

*Pardon my acronyms.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 05:48:35 AM »

However...

I will give Justin Bieber some credit for getting his career started all on his own... Via YouTube!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 05:53:31 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I think if any other DRs also happening to be watching "The Today Show" right now, I'm pretty sure that a good portion of the screaming tweens on the Plaza going gaga over Justin Bieber are probably wearing thongs.  And they probably have belly-button piercings too.

'Nuff said.

Word.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 06:01:45 AM »

RE: last night's THE AMAZING RACE

hello abc def one two three four abc d aoiu  iu one two aoiu  buckle my shoe three
hello abc def one two three four abc d aoiu  iu one two aoiu  buckle my shoe three
I agree with DR Jrand, the conclusion of the show was very upsetting. It's always
sad when a team loses their passports. But this one really upset me. I loved this
team and really wanted to see more of zev. I will be curious to see what really
happened.  They seemed like such a sweet team. And i loved how close they were
with their cabbie. Drats! This sucks! one two three one teo  oiu uoi oui oui ouioiuoi
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:11:16 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 06:07:20 AM »

BK, i just read your thong rant. I agree and disagree.

Obviously children do not need to wear thongs.

And i actually don't wear them anymore. Although i did occasionally in my 20s because of the pantyline thing. Sometimes you have a sheer pair of pants and there was seemingly no alternative.

But guess what? They make full underwear now and it's called NO PANTYLINE.  It's an interesting material, but very comfortable!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 06:09:31 AM »

The Topic of the Day reminds me of the problem with "under-cupping" they had to deal with while filming "The Dick Van Dyke Show".
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 06:23:45 AM »

The Topic of the Day reminds me of the problem with "under-cupping" they had to deal with while filming "The Dick Van Dyke Show".

I never heard about this.  Was it a Dick problem?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 06:26:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: DESCRY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I CAN SEE IT

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 06:36:17 AM »

;D

Actually, it was a MTM problem.
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 06:40:31 AM »

I totally agree with BK's rant on thongs and stuff.  Frankly, I think that thongs are ridiculous, even on adults.

But, since we're ranting this morning, what REALLY bothers me is how kids and even adults (well into their thirties) know little or nothing about great literature, history or even current events.  Actually, you only have to watch Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" to know that.

During the last month, I've been with several successful, supposedly well-educated people who had never heard of John Brown, Emile Zola, Robert Louis Stevenson or even Winston Churchill.

I graduated from public high school in 1959.  We were required to read several great works of literature, know the basics of American history and study current events.  What the hell have schools been teaching since I left?

This gets even better.  A few years back, I was speaking to some Cinema students at USC, and none of them had heard of Spencer Tracy or Clark Gable or had seen CASABLANCA or GONE WITH THE WINDAnd, they're Cinema students!

But, the true tragedy of this younger generation's ignorance is that they don't care.  Their attitude is: What does that have to do with me NOW?

End of rant.

You can dream…or you can do.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 06:49:27 AM »

;D

Was Mary Tyler Moore misbehaving again???

Or is it Much Too Much???

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 06:56:11 AM »

As for the TOD:

Just rewrite MR BK's rant and sign my name to it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 06:59:44 AM »

As for what DR JOSE mentioned, I think Mr Carl Reiner and Mr Sheldon Leonard, producers of THE DICK VAN DYKE show have said in several articles, that the network censor kept a close watch on the scenes filmed in which Laura Petrie wore slacks and that they were warned several times that they fit MTM too snugly in the backside, hence the warning that they should watch the 'undercupping' on those pants!

At least their response was not the same as the costume designer on SINGIN' IN THE RAIN when Ms Cyd Charisse's costume was too sheer and they had to film a dance sequence three times - the designer after seeing the rushes for the third filming told the producer that he was certain that they now had Cyd's crotch licked.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 07:00:32 AM »

;D

Was Mary Tyler Moore misbehaving again???

Or is it Much Too Much???

Actually... -And it's just something I remember from some TV special about "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and/or Mary Tyler Moore...

They had to be very careful with the tailoring of Mary Tyler Moore's outfits, well, at least her pants and pantsuits.  They had to make sure not to accent her buttocks with panty-lines - a.k.a. "under-cupping".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 07:01:27 AM »

What DR JRand said.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 07:12:12 AM »

Hmmm--I'm having flashbacks to doing Shakespeare in college in period costumes (i.e., tights) and the costumers (in one case Oscar-award winner Gloria Gresham) pleading with the guys to PLEASE wear the supplied dance belts!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 07:15:55 AM »

I totally agree with BK's rant on thongs and stuff.  Frankly, I think that thongs are ridiculous, even on adults.

But, since we're ranting this morning, what REALLY bothers me is how kids and even adults (well into their thirties) know little or nothing about great literature, history or even current events.  Actually, you only have to watch Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" to know that.

During the last month, I've been with several successful, supposedly well-educated people who had never heard of John Brown, Emile Zola, Robert Louis Stevenson or even Winston Churchill.

I graduated from public high school in 1959.  We were required to read several great works of literature, know the basics of American history and study current events.  What the hell have schools been teaching since I left?

This gets even better.  A few years back, I was speaking to some Cinema students at USC, and none of them had heard of Spencer Tracy or Clark Gable or had seen CASABLANCA or GONE WITH THE WINDAnd, they're Cinema students!

But, the true tragedy of this younger generation's ignorance is that they don't care.  Their attitude is: What does that have to do with me NOW?

End of rant.

It's often cited that people in their thirties do not like to watch movies that are either made before 1980 or in black and white. 

I know for a fact that my eighteen year old nephew refuses to watch anything in black and white--even YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN and RAGING BULL.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »

Good morning, all! I am packing up 14 cartons today and calling Fed Ex to come and take them off my hands. After that, I shall putter about the apartment until I meet DR Ben for dinner before he sees FINIAN'S RAINBOW.

BK, since I'm not spending your money and I can be rather cavalier about things, my advice is to sign the contract and do 1500 copies of the cast recording. The turnover may not be as great as you'd like, but I believe they will sell eventually. When you released HENRY SWEET HENRY many years ago, i never bought it since it was a show I had never cared about.  Well, when I needed one a year ago, a kind DR - I believe it was DR Matt H -  burned me a copy, but I later decided I liked it enough to want the CD and ended up paying a lot for it through an Amazon vendor.

As to today's rant, I am very much in agreement, and that's my rant for the day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 07:17:20 AM »

That's why we continue to have "experts" who don't know anything.

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »

I agree BK, I also agree with DR Druxy.   I want to say that we all learned the basics of literature and history, but I do know people I went to school with who didn't learn a bit of what I did in the same class room.   I also was lucky enough to be raised in a family that values good books and history, so I grew up with history and have always loved it.

I think what scares me the most is the large number of people who never read a book.  Good grief, I don't know what I would do without books, but it seems today it's more important to twitter that you are walking down the street (no offense meant to anyone here, I'm speaking of teens) than to read anything that was written more than 5 minutes ago.  I think it's scary

End of rant

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 07:28:13 AM »

When did people start calling them "sleeping shorts"?   My nephew came in the living room and I asked why on earth he was sitting around in his underwear and he informed me they were his sleeping shorts and told him to put some pants on.   I didn't believe there was such a thing until that very day I came here to learn that BK had lost his.  I don't think yours are in Wisconsin, but I did see a pair there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »

Now back to work.  It's been snowing! Woo hoo!!  I love it and it's so pretty on the green leaves.  It will melt before the day is over, but it was beautiful to wake up to

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 07:32:21 AM »

I'm not ready for snow yet.  We just yesterday gave in and turned the furnace on.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up