News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OBER  (Read 11405 times)

td

• td
Re: OBER
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2009, 03:50:03 PM »

Good news from Shayne!  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Continued  vibes for his dad. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Health Vibes for DR Jeanne ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »

Went to visit my father at the hospital and received good news. He will be coming home this evening and receiving home nurse care for the next while. Thanks to Socialize Medicine. Although it was disheartening to see all the people in emergency though

Very good news!! 

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »

Oh, crap.

A judge of the Superior Court (one block away from my building) has ruled that Johannes Mehserle, the BART police officer who shot and killed Oscar Grant on New Year's Day during an incident on BART, may have a change-of-venue for his trial.

I don't know if anyone here recalls that earlier this year I wrote about rioting in the streets of Oakland (mostly along 14th street where my building is located...and the route to my car park and to my gym) when they were holding hearings to determine how to handle the case.

The press has been full of dire warnings that a change-of-venue may spark more riots.

The announcement was made earlier in the afternoon.  And folks here in my building are keeping a close watch on the group of protestors that have been nearly glued to "TV corner" -- the part of the Superior Courthouse where TV news crews set up to film the protests.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »

Good news for DR Jeanne and DR Michael S's dad!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »

Well, I had a few problems in the office and couldn't leave early, thus no movie for me. Just as well--this awful weather makes me want to just stay indoors and cocoon.  I am having a nice bowl of chille for dinner and then an evening of TV viewing.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »

The press has been full of dire warnings that a change-of-venue may spark more riots.

What's to riot for now - the change has been granted (not that rioters need a rational reason).

der Brucer
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:46:26 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2009, 04:43:22 PM »

Ron should be happy with the last paragraph:

NBC

In his 28-page decision, Jacobson cited extensive media coverage and noisy protests of previous court hearings as factors in granting the change of venue.

Had he not granted the motion, Jacobson would have been criticized by advocates for Mehserle, who say that the former police officer couldn't get a fair hearing. And having granted the motion, he'll now face invective for not making Mehserle stand trial in the same county where Grant died.

It's just one more step in a messy case -- and now the mess is moving somewhere else.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2009, 05:08:19 PM »

Reading Material:

THE BIG BURN - awesome telling of a forest fire in the Pacific Northwest in the early 1900s.  (perhaps DR TCB could joh HIS memory and tell us more about it).  ;)

I believe that happened while they were trying to burn me at the stake, either for being a witch or being queer.  I can never remember which.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:30:55 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2009, 05:08:44 PM »

Back from the long jog, which was very difficult and very pathetic save for one lovely thing that happened.  Just before I hit the two mile mark I passed a man sitting on his apartment's front steps talking on his cell.  I turned around and began the two-mile jog back from whence I'd come and as I passed him he smiled and waved and said, "Nice to see you, Mr. Kimmel."  I turned back to say thanks, and he said, "I've enjoyed your work."  I'm always taken aback by that sort of thing, and I really thought it was nice of him to call out.  I said thanks and continued my pathetic jog home.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2009, 05:11:02 PM »

Thanks for all the vibes for my Papasaurus. I'm hoping he'll get sprung from the jernt tonight.

If he stays over again, I'll go up after work and then to see Os Mutantes. And then, a nice long sleeeeep I hope!

Belated vibes to Papa!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »

With the return of UGLY BETTY tonight, I'll have to watch something "live" at 8 p.m. since I have THREE shows tonight in that opening hour: LAW & ORDER, GHOST WHISPERER, and BETTY. BETTY's second hour also conflicts with MEDIUM and MONK (though MONK repeats tonight's episode at an early morning time).

I'll likely watch the two CBS shows "live" and let everything else record.

Thursday and Friday nights are now the nightmare TV schedules for me.

Well, my nightmare is compounded by STARGATE-UNIVERSE at 9 and SANCTURAY at 10.

der Brucer

Too many worlds, I live in too many worlds....

Not to mention my nightmare:

THE MLB PLAYOFFS!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »

A sign of the times:

About one in seven girls at Robeson High School are pregnant. Officials say a variety of factors are to blame.
CBS

I must say, we never had this problem at my high school!

der Brucer

Of course it was an all-male school

Then I am sure that several boys breathed a sigh of relief!
“One thing’s universal,

François

« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2009, 05:21:25 PM »

'The most hilarious Julie Andrews story was recounted by both Chris [Durang] and Michael [Rupert]. She has a house in Switzerland and that's where the creative team of Putting It Together went to talk to her about being a part of the show. She agreed to do it and the next morning took one of her exercise walks around the mountains that bordered her house. Julie hadn't been on a New York stage in 35 years and she thought that she'd better start getting her voice in shape. She was vocalizing and singing different songs from her past and decided to test her soprano by singing something from The Sound of Music. She began the song while nearing the peak of a mountain and right when she got to "The Hills are alive…with the sound of music" she was coming down the other side of the mountain. Well, that moment coincided with an entirely filled tour bus coming down the road! Julie was horrified that a bunch of tourists saw her literally coming over the Swiss Alps while singing, "The hills are alive with the sound of music." Julie said their faces had the subtext of "How sad. She still thinks she's still in The Sound of Music. Poor Julie Andrews."'

- Seth Rudetsky, recalling his recent interview with Michael Rupert & Christopher Durang in this week's "Onstage & Backstage" column

Yes, Dame Andrews has a chalet in Gstaad, just like Liz Taylor and Polanski!
oops; have I said Polanski?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gstaad

Well, I am sure that story, told many times by Dame Andrews, is part true part fiction but it's fun nonetheless!

Now, speaking of BBB and Dick Van Dyke, I discovered that clip last night, and I am amazed at how the staging and dancing are simple and so effective!
I wish I could have seen this at the time.
(I love Dick's Stan Laurel take!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMn-W_ZeSlY

Oh! a little surprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovs9lN1AbfE&feature=player_embedded

And G.d bless Dick Van Dyke! :-*

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:39:28 PM by François »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2009, 05:25:46 PM »

elmore, are you sure you should be going to see PARANORMAL ACTIVITY?

Why not?   He already sees dead people.

Only when you are in town!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2009, 05:32:35 PM »

I think it is time for me to sign off.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

François

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »

'The most hilarious Julie Andrews story was recounted by both Chris [Durang] and Michael [Rupert]. She has a house in Switzerland and that's where the creative team of Putting It Together went to talk to her about being a part of the show. She agreed to do it and the next morning took one of her exercise walks around the mountains that bordered her house. Julie hadn't been on a New York stage in 35 years and she thought that she'd better start getting her voice in shape. She was vocalizing and singing different songs from her past and decided to test her soprano by singing something from The Sound of Music. She began the song while nearing the peak of a mountain and right when she got to "The Hills are alive…with the sound of music" she was coming down the other side of the mountain. Well, that moment coincided with an entirely filled tour bus coming down the road! Julie was horrified that a bunch of tourists saw her literally coming over the Swiss Alps while singing, "The hills are alive with the sound of music." Julie said their faces had the subtext of "How sad. She still thinks she's still in The Sound of Music. Poor Julie Andrews."'

- Seth Rudetsky, recalling his recent interview with Michael Rupert & Christopher Durang in this week's "Onstage & Backstage" column

Personally, I would have been transfixed by such a sight...and thrilled beyond measure.

Gosh! I'dlike to see what you look like when transfixed! ;)

George

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »

Back from the long jog, which was very difficult and very pathetic save for one lovely thing that happened.  Just before I hit the two mile mark I passed a man sitting on his apartment's front steps talking on his cell.  I turned around and began the two-mile jog back from whence I'd come and as I passed him he smiled and waved and said, "Nice to see you, Mr. Kimmel."  I turned back to say thanks, and he said, "I've enjoyed your work."  I'm always taken aback by that sort of thing, and I really thought it was nice of him to call out.  I said thanks and continued my pathetic jog home.

That's really nice. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »

And now, it's time to go to my sister's for dinner.

Until later!

François

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »

Happy Birthday to Angela Lansbury!

Oh, yes! That lady's a gem!

François

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  BBC's "Friday Night is Music Night - 2 October 2009" (at the request of DR François...to whom I will be sending it today).

Thank you, George! You're a ... pudding pie?! ;)

François

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2009, 05:50:57 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  BBC's "Friday Night is Music Night - 2 October 2009" (at the request of DR François...to whom I will be sending it today).

Did you enjoy Miss Claire Moore's performances in the last edition of the show!

I believe she's straining her voice which is on the hoarse side now! Hummm... she's still quite a singer but her "middle range" is going ...

François

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2009, 05:53:06 PM »

I'm going to my sister's for dinner (AND NO ASSEMBLING OF ANYTHING! ;))

here George, move it here George, over here George

Is that a new Sondheim song?!  ;)

François

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2009, 05:55:12 PM »

What a surprise to find Mark Pellagrino ...

his acting tour de force was surely:

der Brucer

From a distance, Tom Beranger here looks like Robert Redford! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »

We seem to have been down for a while.  Apparently this is server upgrade month - heaven forbid they should let their customers know what they're doing.

DAW

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »

From a distance, Tom Beranger looks like Robert Redford!

That's just the wind beneath his wings!       ;)

DAW

« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2009, 07:05:43 PM »

We seem to have been down for a while. 

I frequently have problems when logging in, logging out, or quoting posts, and sometimes when posting, but wasn't sure if it was the server or just my computer.

DAW

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »

I'm always taken aback by that sort of thing, and I really thought it was nice of him to call out. 

Sweet!      :)

DAW

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »

Had dinner out tonight at a Eurasian place nearby.  The food was excellent.  I had sushimi and "rolls" of various sorts.

DAW

« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »

The DH is now clanking away, fixing one of our toilets.   He is very handy that way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up