News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: WINDY  (Read 12348 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: WINDY
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »

Did I miss discussion here of this video from the Onion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taC3JjIOkM

"Anna Stephenson stops by Today NOW! to show parents of girly sons costume tips to survive Halloween without accentuating their child's already obvious homosexuality."

I believe the link has been posted - not by me - but not really discussed.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »

Last night we finally watched WHITE COLLAR.  Thank you DR Matt H.

We also watched the excellent CASTLE Halloween episode. :)

I'm so glad you liked them. So did I.

Keith did too :)  If it hadn't been for you we would have missed WHITE COLLAR.  I really had no idea what it was about, never even heard of it until you mentioned the pilot was on & the reviews were good.

I just watched "White Collar" and really enjoyed it, too. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »

How was the show, DR Elmore?

What show, DR edisaurus?

Spoo---I thought tonight was opening night!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

Van Dyke Parks is evidently the connection between her and The Association.

Guilt by Association?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2009, 09:39:15 PM »

And speaking of Van Dyke Parks (for no other reason than because), I noticed that he co-wrote two of the songs on The Manhattan Transfer's newest CD, The Chick Corea Songbook, which I LOVE! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2009, 09:41:48 PM »

Edi, have you met Ruthann Friedman?
No, just read about her. Interesting person!

Edisaurus

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2009, 09:44:13 PM »

And speaking of Van Dyke Parks (for no other reason than because), I noticed that he co-wrote two of the songs on The Manhattan Transfer's newest CD, The Chick Corea Songbook, which I LOVE! :D

Cool---I didn't know that! He's worked with them on previous albums, mostly arranging, I think. He sure does get around! I'm hoping to see him when Greg and I (hopefully) come out to LA at the end of January to celebrate our birthdays.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »

Welcome back Arnold.  Feel better.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »

edisaurus, yes actors play the Nicholas Brothers and Sharon McNight plays Sophie Tucker.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2009, 10:02:10 PM »

Finished with my viewing - can barely keep my eyes open.  I may post the notes a little early, but if not, I'm going to bed right after I post them.

George

« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2009, 10:05:56 PM »

Cool---I didn't know that! He's worked with them on previous albums, mostly arranging, I think. He sure does get around! I'm hoping to see him when Greg and I (hopefully) come out to LA at the end of January to celebrate our birthdays.

Cool!  Tell him that I (one of TMT's fans) LOVES the CD! ;D

Sam

« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »

Great stories.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2009, 10:12:53 PM »

OK... I need rest. I need sleep.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2009, 10:25:26 PM »

12th grade graduation was in June, I was out of my father's house before the end of summer.  Studio City, 2 bedroom apartment ($195.00 a month in 1971) with another girl friend (who my then boyfriend tried to sleep with).   The next year I moved to Hollywood to a 3 story house (there were 5 of us) and it was the best year I ever had living with people I did not know.  The house was owned by one of the first people who published a book on how to grow your own pot (those were great times, and I did not even get high).

I was up for adoption twice, once in Berlin in 1958 by my mother (my father took me to the US instead), and then again in St. Louis in 1961 (this one I'm not sure about, all I remember was being told to lie that everything was OK living with my 1/2 sister).

I've been living alone for the first time in my life this last year, and I must say I am getting used to it.

Sam

« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »

Thursday night, An Evening with R. Crumb
Friday night, Culture Clash 25th Anniversary
Saturday night, About Production's Bleeding Through
Monday night, Dia De Los Muertos party

Happy happy, joy joy.

Sam

« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »

Night all.

I really liked reading all the stories.  Thank you. ;D

Happy weekend. :)

George

« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2009, 11:55:59 PM »

Topic of the Day:  When I was going to Western Washington University, I lived in two different off-campus apartments after living on campus for two years (I transferred to Western as a junior).  The first one was during the last quarter of my senior year (I ended up going to college for five years).  A friend and I got this apartment in a security building and the windows looked over the water.  The building was just a few block down the hill from Western, so it was very easy to get to school.  To get to my bedroom, you had to go through the bathroom.  That was weird, but we never had any trouble. ::) The other apartment I had was in downtown Bellingham and the building was converted from a hotel that was built in the 1920s.  It was so cool.  It was a studio with just a kitchen and a bathroom with a claw-foot tub...no shower and no way to hang a shower curtain. :P Anyway, it had a 12-foot ceiling and a trundle bed that I never used...I used a hide-a-bed.  I lived there until I graduated and moved back home.

George

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2009, 11:56:21 PM »

After graduating in 1989, I moved back home.  I lived with my parents until 1991, when a friend that I met in a show asked if I wanted be be roommates.  She was also living with her mom and wanted to move out.  I had a job (in the same building that I still work...and just before I got the job that I still now have) and could afford to move out, so I did.  We shared an apartment here in Tumwater, just down the street from where I live now!  It was a two-bedroom townhouse with one and a half baths.  We got along very well.  I also was friends with her boyfriend, so we all got along.  We shared for about two years when she decided to buy a house and I got my own apartment. 

George

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2009, 11:57:24 PM »

I moved to Lacey in a one bedroom, and lived there for about five years.  I then moved in with my sister for about five years, then got an apartment on the west side of Olympia for about a year and a half.  When my sister built her new house, I rented the house that I had just moved out of.  When I lived on the west side, I didn't change the address on my driver's license, my checks, or change my voter registration.  When I moved back into the house after my sister built her new house, I didn't have to change any of those back.  That was convenient...but it was not planned at all.  It just worked out that way...and I have over 300 checks left.  I wasn't just going to throw them away!  AND my sister still lived at that address, so if there was any problem, she knew me. ;)

George

« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2009, 11:58:17 PM »

Anyway, three years ago this month(!), I bought the condo that I live in now after my sister decided that she had to sell the house that I was renting from her.  I have NO intentions of ever moving again....EVER!

;D

George

« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2009, 11:58:35 PM »

And finally...Gratuitous Post #200!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up