Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LONG PARAGRAPHS  (Read 52065 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE LONG PARAGRAPHS
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2004, 04:03:28 PM »

I can understand how people can get addicted to the show, what with all the fan groups cheering on their favorites from the audience, but I think I’ll stick to watching the Seattle Mariners tonight instead.
If you can arrange for a webcam located in the locker room, I'll be there with ya!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2004, 04:04:34 PM »

I'll let someone else do the Page Five Dance.  This headcold has me too wiped out to even try.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2004, 04:11:54 PM »

Here's the Page Five Dance, SWW. Feel better!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :o  :o  :o  :o  :o [/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* [/move]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 04:15:35 PM by Panni »

Jed

« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2004, 04:21:35 PM »

Anyway, it's spring, and "love" is in the air. I'm in the mood for a spring fling!

Well, it wouldn't live up to my "nefarious" label if I didn't offer my services ;), but...

Paulie! Hi!
...glowing text?  Me thinks I've been replaced in CanoodleLand! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2004, 04:22:57 PM »

Thank-you, DR Panni.  The worst of the cold is over, now I just have to work through getting rid of the rest of it.

Der Brucer added Kull the Conqueror to our DVD collection today.  I know why, but when the back-cover blurb lists Kevin Sorbo as a "sexy action superstar," I have to worry.

Laura II

« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2004, 04:26:28 PM »

Feel better, Uncle Woody

Jedare you happy now? I can use glowing text for everyone, thank you very much! :P Btw, thanks for offering your services. At this rate, I might need them! :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 04:26:53 PM by Laura II »
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2004, 04:32:04 PM »

I did NOT ask for vibes, Mr. bk. ::)  I merely stated early this morn that I'd like some good news. I think that if you just put something on this here site, sometimes good things happen because IMHO this is a ***magical site.******
Some of the DRs were kind enough upon reading my post to offer UNSOLICITED GV's. :-*
And that's the story, Mr. bk.

Very true, vibes were sent unsolicited and just because I wanted to. :D

Robin

« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2004, 05:01:23 PM »

Ask BK:   Why is it that after I read your notes today I developed an aversion toward capuccinos?

I have an aversion to Capucine.  But that's probably just me.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2004, 05:02:54 PM »

Der Brucer added Kull the Conqueror to our DVD collection today.  I know why, but when the back-cover blurb lists Kevin Sorbo as a "sexy action superstar," I have to worry.

There's still time to avoid actually watching it, though, right???

Robin

« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2004, 05:04:31 PM »

Geeze...I'd better say something nice before people start thinking I'm an old grouch.  

I'm really liking the Meet Me in St. Louis deeveedee.

Whew!   Now I feel ever so much better.

td

• td
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2004, 05:09:26 PM »

What is your favorite roadshow engagement?

The only ones I saw were The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Man of La Mancha. The majority of the other films were post roadshow. I never saw a Cinerama movie either.

THE SOUND OF MUSIC tops my list, but I also saw the Roadshow Engagements of:
THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE (believe, I barely remember that experience, since I was a wee tyke).
MARY POPPINS
MY FAIR LADY
STAR!
THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE
THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN. . .
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
HAWAII (hmmm, maybe JULIE ANDREWS personally killed the Road Show!)
SWEET CHARITY
FUNNY GIRL
I also saw Brannagh's HENRY V at a reserved seat engagement.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2004, 05:16:40 PM »

MBarnum as usual I forgot to take my camera.  Another hiker, with a digital camera, promised to email me photos if they turn out nice.  We shall see.  

RLP it looks like our Table Rock-LOL.  If I get photos, they will be the view from the top.

TCB you are welcome.

Laura II thanks for the info on your new avatar.  Here’s to spring love. :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2004, 05:26:08 PM »

Jane, you are the vibiest.  

RLP: I share your aversion.  In fact, I was bombarded by e-mails from the aversion.

td

• td
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2004, 05:27:12 PM »

OH! I also saw HOW THE WEST WAS WON several times in true Cinerama, as well as THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM!
Why do I feel so suddenly OLD!?!?!?!?!?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2004, 05:46:33 PM »

RLP: I share your aversion.  In fact, I was bombarded by e-mails from the aversion.

To Capucine? Why an aversion to Capucine? She was quite lovely. How could anyone have an aversion to lovely Capucine? She bombarded you with emails? (She who has been dead for over a decade...)
Something doesn't make sense here. Please to explain. ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 05:48:20 PM by Panni »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2004, 06:05:55 PM »

Quote from: Jed link=board=4;threadid=233;start=msg36891#msg36891   Me thinks I've been replaced in CanoodleLand! :D
[quote

Well, toodle-oo, canoodle, you!

I too have an aversion to cappuccino.  I don't care if the swallows ever return to it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2004, 06:06:46 PM »

What did I do to Jed's quote?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2004, 06:25:20 PM »

Cappucino, not Capucine.  Put on your glasses.

Danise

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2004, 06:36:55 PM »

Evening all!

I wish I could go to one of the reading but alas, California isn’t on the flight plan.  Yet.  Maybe someday.

Best vibes to Michael’s Dad!!!!!

So Jenny, why were you awake at that time?  I hope you weren’t hurting or ill.

Thank you for the good vibes, Jennifer.  I’m doing wonderful now.  Back to my old self.  Everyone at work has noticed it.

That is except for one who brought me a problem first thing this morning.  I told him not to bother people first thing in the morning because you are still waking up and trying to get that first (or in my case only) cup of tea (coffee for some).  He said he would come back after break.  I told him that wasn’t the time to see me because after break I am hungry.  Who can think about problems when they can only think about how much longer is it until lunch?  After lunch?  Of course not!  I’m full after lunch and looking for a nap.  After 2nd break?  NO, NO, NO!  It’s to late in the day to start on any problems, it’s almost time to go home and besides I have a bus to catch.  Sigh.  I just don't understand where  people get off on expecting me to work on any kind of problems.  My day is much to busy for that kind of stuff!

I hope Echo is doing better, Jane.  I know how worried you you must be.  I hope all will be well by the weekend.  :)

Well the big news of the day is snow.  We had snow in downtown Tampa today!  I made my first snowball and snow man.  I must confess I didn’t like snow after it burned my hands and got so nasty looking.  

It was the first time I have ever been close to the stuff.    It was a promo done by the Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey team.  They delivered a truck load of it to where I work.

I attached a picture of the snow.  I even circled the snowman for you.  It looks more like a penguin.  He had sea shells for eyes, sticks for hands/nose and a leaf for a mouth.  

Feel better S. Woody White!  Head colds are so hard to loose!

Good vibes to all who need/want them!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2004, 06:38:10 PM »

Opps or should I say Sppo?  The picture didn't attach.  Let's try this again!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2004, 06:40:46 PM »

Panni and BK:  ROTFL

Capucine was lovely in "The Lion" and "The Seventh Dawn."  I'm unable to recall other films in which she appeared.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2004, 06:42:05 PM »

DR Jed:  Perhaps if you avoid words like "methinks" the canoodling will improve.

:D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 06:42:30 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2004, 06:48:31 PM »

Has anyone ever been truly honked off at eBay or at eBay policies?

A seller recently reported me for NOT having paid for an item he sent me.  (What I want to know is how big a moron is he that he would send merchandise to someone without being paid for it first).

I did pay him through PayPal, on the end date of the auction, and I can prove I paid him through Paypal, and he could even CHECK WITH PAYPAL HIMSELF to verify a payment was made for the item by the item number.

But no, he tells eBay I didn't pay for the item he sent me because he cannot keep track of all his transactions (that or he is ticked about a comment I made when I left him positive feedback -- I told folks to make sure they buy INSURANCE 'cause he packages his material flimsily).  

At any rate, EBay sends me an e-mail explaining the problem and suggesting that I resolve it with the seller.  They give me his e-mail address (which I had) and suggest I request his personal info through them (a security procedure) to get his phone number and call him to sort it all out.  Right.  I'm going to call this guy and tell him how sorry I am that he's an idiot who cannot verify the simplest of transactions.

Otherwise, EBay continued, if the seller doesn't drop it in 10 days (i.e., if he refuses to acknowledge that which can be proven) they will PUT A MARK AGAINST MY RECORD.  Three such marks will ban me from participating in eBay auctions!

Then they say, "We do not take sides in these matters."

It sure feels like they do to me.  They don't say a thing about putting a mark against the seller for making a false claim against a buyer.

EBay OWNS PayPal and could easily verify the transaction with the item #.  

But NO!  I have to put up with this nonsense.

I am totally HONKED OFF! (I sent them an e-mail through their "contact us" feature, and it was steamed).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 06:53:27 PM by RLP »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2004, 06:53:25 PM »

RLP, simply send eBay the paypal page with the transaction and ask them for an apology.  Word it in the strongest possible way.  Then send the seller the same page and demand an apology and demand that he contact eBay to say he was wrong.  If he doesn't do it, leave him negative feedback (and make that threat).

Our friend Cappucino is now saying the Schwann record guide doesn't list the VOTD soundtrack until Sept. of 1968 - the film opened (according to him) on Dec. 15, 1967.  Since films of that era had limited lives the release of the soundtrack nine months after the fact makes no sense on any level.

Danise

« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2004, 06:53:58 PM »

I can't say I blame you, RLP.  I have had problems with both E-bay and PayPal in the past as well.  I was able to clear it all up, didn't have a black mark put against me but it makes you mad when you know YOU haven't done anything wrong and they say you have.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2004, 06:54:45 PM »

RLP, simply send eBay the paypal page with the transaction and ask them for an apology.  Word it in the strongest possible way.  Then send the seller the same page and demand an apology and demand that he contact eBay to say he was wrong.  If he doesn't do it, leave him negative feedback (and make that threat).

Our friend Cappucino is now saying the Schwann record guide doesn't list the VOTD soundtrack until Sept. of 1968 - the film opened (according to him) on Dec. 15, 1967.  Since films of that era had limited lives the release of the soundtrack nine months after the fact makes no sense on any level.

The John Williams web page says the VOTD LP was released at the time the movie opened.

Joe is wrong.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2004, 06:56:18 PM »

I'd need an e-mail address to do this.  I'd really love to do it.  But all the e-mails I receive "from" EBay have a disclaimer at the bottom saying it's an electronic address that has no return capability (that keeps them from having to receive responses).

I've done it with the seller, from whom I have not heard.  He may well be totally embarrassed and apologetic about it when he looks into it, but that does not make it better.  I'm madder at eBay than I am at him.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 06:57:20 PM by RLP »

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2004, 07:06:40 PM »

RLP, sorry to hear of your Ebay mishap. Maybe the seller just made a mistake (well, obviously he did) and confused you with someone else. I would just do as BK suggests (but in the nicest possible way).

Ebay is a godsend, but it does have it's glitches. When I was selling oin Ebay (and making a nice extra $400 dollars a month or so) a guy reported me to Ebay for selling something he felt was illegal to sell. He thought one of my Vhs' was a bootleg. It wasn't but it didn't stop Ebay from pulling my auction. I was a bit peeved let me tell you! It would be nice if Ebay could check up on these things prior to taking action, but I suppose with the millions of auctions running at all times it might be difficult. Of course that was a few years back and I don't know how they go about those things now.

I still buy mucho items on Ebay though! I love it!!!!

Danise

« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2004, 07:06:59 PM »

Go into Safe Harbor on the help page.  That's where I "talk" to E-bay.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2004, 07:14:28 PM »

Re: ebay

There must be somewhere you can email them.  I'd keep looking.

One thing that bugs me about ebay is the negative feedback option.  I think it's great in theory.  But sometimes when a seller deserves it, you can get totally screwed.  Because if you write what you really feel, they will most certainly write lots of negative things about you and ruin your record.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up