Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY I HATE THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE  (Read 23172 times)

DAW

Re: WHY I HATE THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2009, 11:19:23 AM »

Did anyone watch Men of a Certain Age?   (The TV show, that is...)

I found it only moderately appealing, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes.  The DH wasn't quite so generous.... (I had to finish the pilot on my own)          :(

DAW

« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »

Perhaps after DR MBarnum has exhausted the Bollywood genre, he can explore THIS!!!    :D   :D

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »

Did anyone watch Men of a Certain Age? 

(The TV show, that is...)

we watched the first 10 minutes.  so far we are not sure we shall return, have only saved it because of you.  i've been waiting to read comments here.

We lasted twice as long as Jane and Keith, but will not be returning.  I really wanted to like it, DR Edi, sorry.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »

Hmmm....    I may just have to tape SNL this week!          ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »

Ginny the words of encouragement from Richard are a great help.  Did he surpass the expected recovery of arm mobility or was that always expected to return?

Jane, to be honest, he was more diligent with the PT after the surgery on his right shoulder than he was after the left.  Guess which one has better mobility now?

no, not the left?  how much mobility does he have in eack shoulder?

ginny did you see my question?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »

DR DAW that is the strangest thing I have ever seen.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2009, 11:48:35 AM »

I did not watch MEN last night.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »

Ginny the words of encouragement from Richard are a great help.  Did he surpass the expected recovery of arm mobility or was that always expected to return?

Jane, to be honest, he was more diligent with the PT after the surgery on his right shoulder than he was after the left.  Guess which one has better mobility now?

no, not the left?  how much mobility does he have in eack shoulder?

ginny did you see my question?

DR Jane - sorry I did see your question then got distracted.  Of course, it's his right shoulder that healed more fully because he stuck with the PT longer.  His left is much better than before the surgery, but he can tell the difference.  The PT makes ALL the difference.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2009, 12:00:40 PM »

that is the strangest thing I have ever seen.

And that's saying something!         ;)

Jane

« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2009, 12:03:21 PM »

i'm soooo relieved the pt side is the best :)  how long was he in pt for?  i thought the script was initially once a week and very happy to learn it is twice a week.  i forgot to ask what it will be after a month is up.  i'm being very good about my home stretches.  i need to stretch my ham-strings in order to bend over farther to dangle the shoulder lower.  i'm presuming richard did/does this stretch.

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »

Neither of us can remember exactly how long the PT went on, but Richard says it was basically controlled by our insurance company.  They determine the number of visits you can have in a time period, but the at-home work is just as important.  He said, "Tell her to do exactly what they tell her to do!"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »

Hmmm....    I may just have to tape SNL this week!          ;)

HA!

And I'm guessing you've already bought the current issue of "Men's Health" too? ;)

*Sadly, this week's episode has the potential to be truly dreadful - which is what usually happens after a pretty good week.  Now, of course, if he's just on stage shirtless the whole show and does some push-up every now and then, well...  ::)

**I'm also wondering if SNL is going to allow any of the "under 18" crowd in for this week's taping.  God knows it's probably going to add to the Holiday madhouse of Rockefeller Center.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 12:24:17 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »

As for "Men of a Certain Age"...

A TV-reviewer friend of mine told me that the pilot was OK.  He said it truly comes off as a pilot, but he really liked the next two(?) episodes.  So, keep tuning in.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

Neither of us can remember exactly how long the PT went on, but Richard says it was basically controlled by our insurance company.  They determine the number of visits you can have in a time period, but the at-home work is just as important.  He said, "Tell her to do exactly what they tell her to do!"

i'm doing it.  please tell richard thank you.

Jennifer

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »

re: last night's fall finale of GLEE

I also thought GLEE was most excellent last night with good musical numbers.

I also really enjoyed last night's episode. But it sort of bugged me that they did not show them announce the winner.

Also a) why do the cheerleaders wear their custumes all day long at school? and b) why do they make up new numbers for sectionals every show (wouldn't they pick these way in advance and practice?)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »

Must. Get. Out. Of. The. Apartment. Now.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »

i'm doing it. 

This post sponsored by Nike.          ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »

My rant would be about prosecutors never keeping their word.  You reach an oral agreement, talk to your client, act on the fact that you have an agreement then when you get it in writing it's completely different and the response is always, well, yes, I agreed with you but my supervisor said we can't do that.   The latest one was the supervisor telling me over five different times he'd join in a motion I was filing.  I filed the motion and a week later he said "just wanted to give you a heads up that I won't be joining the motion after all" .    It drives me crazy!

That would bug the crap out of me too.

Maybe you should just carry a recording device with you and after they make the deal just remind them you have it all on tape!

DAW

« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2009, 12:28:18 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »

I also really enjoyed last night's episode. But it sort of bugged me that they did not show them announce the winner.

Also a) why do the cheerleaders wear their custumes all day long at school? and b) why do they make up new numbers for sectionals every show (wouldn't they pick these way in advance and practice?)

A) Wearing cheerleader "costumes" all day at school is nothing new, especially during football/cheer season.  -I also sense that it was more of a Sue Sylvester directive than anything else. -Also a directorial choice to visualize the "cool kids".

B) It's a TV show.  *And if they didn't come up with new numbers each show, there would have not been enough music to fill up the "Music of "Glee", Vol. 2" which just came out - and only a few weeks after Vol. 1 dropped.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2009, 12:30:59 PM »

DR Jennifer - Also remember, that they somehow had full backing tracks, band charts and lighting cues for their new songs - and learned them and choreographed them on the spot too! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »

DR DAW - Nice horn.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »

My rant is why do some stores advertise specials in their flyers and then when you get there (on the first day of the sale) they act as if you are crazy.

They not only don't have the item. But they have to spend time looking all over the store. Then they look in the back of the store.  Then they ask other clerks. And then when you remind them it is the first day of the sale they say, "well sometimes these things happen".

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2009, 12:36:35 PM »

To complement(?) the picture that DR DAW posted above, here's a pic of the HUNKY SANTA[url] from the Beverly Center in Los Angeles:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »

And here's another:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »

Merry Christmas To All!

::)

And, once again...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2009, 12:38:36 PM »

A) Wearing cheerleader "costumes" all day at school is nothing new, especially during football/cheer season.  -I also sense that it was more of a Sue Sylvester directive than anything else. -Also a directorial choice to visualize the "cool kids".

B) It's a TV show.  *And if they didn't come up with new numbers each show, there would have not been enough music to fill up the "Music of "Glee", Vol. 2" which just came out - and only a few weeks after Vol. 1 dropped.  ;)

A) I get that they want us to know who is who. And it is sort of cute to see the cheerleaders in custume. But is it really like that at any school. I never would have thought that. These kids have been wearing those outfits every day since last may!  I would have thought that they would change into them just for cheer pratice.

B)I understand that they have to show the tv viewer new numbers each show. I was just wondering if it was supposed to make sense. It's fun to watch. But seems so odd. i would have thought they would have been practicing the same numbers for the whole year! I'm not sure how they could have explained showing us the new numbers. I guess it just seemed really odd to me!

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »

Speaking of cds has anyone bought/heard the new Adam Lambert cd?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2009, 12:44:04 PM »

A) I get that they want us to know who is who. And it is sort of cute to see the cheerleaders in custume. But is it really like that at any school. I never would have thought that. These kids have been wearing those outfits every day since last may!  I would have thought that they would change into them just for cheer pratice.

B)I understand that they have to show the tv viewer new numbers each show. I was just wondering if it was supposed to make sense. It's fun to watch. But seems so odd. i would have thought they would have been practicing the same numbers for the whole year! I'm not sure how they could have explained showing us the new numbers. I guess it just seemed really odd to me!

A) Yes, cheerleaders wear their uniforms at school during school hours.

B) It wasn't really supposed to make sense.  However, competitive show choirs always have a full program of music ready - at least 45 minutes worth.

Also keep in mind that even though the pilot aired back in May, the "semester" only really started in the Fall, in September.  They've only been "in school" for one semester, three months.  The Regionals will take place in the spring semester... And that will start to air in April.  -Otherwise, Quinn would have already had her baby by "now".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »

They may film someone's "life" for a television show.

However, a television show is not someone's "life".  Too many edits. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up