Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T FORGET  (Read 58521 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:DON'T FORGET
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2004, 03:51:38 PM »

I've been trying on and off all weekend to order JEEPERS CREEPERS from Scarlet Street over the net and I am having a damned time getting into their order page.  I click on the box to begin the order, it says "aplet started" and nothing happens!

Has anybody else had this problem?  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2004, 03:52:16 PM »

Page 6!  Now how do I do the fershlugunah dance?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2004, 03:54:42 PM »

der Brucer, that is my: "I'm a serious screenwriter, don't f**k with me" pose meant to scare young creative executives and directors.  It gives me an illusion of having some control of my destiny in the Hollywood gristmill.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2004, 04:08:03 PM »

Good Evening!

-Well, it's evening where I am right now...  And it's still raining!  -And supposed to rain for the next couple of days - but, supposedly, the sun and some warmer temps are finally due by the weekend!

Health Update:  It's amazing what one antibiotic and a few Tylenol can do - I think my fever just broke.  Now I'm just waiting for my throat to get back to normal - it's still a bit sore and sensitive.

Thanks again for the H/K Good Health Vibes.

As for the "virtual orchestra", it's called "Sinfonia".  Yes, the current tour of Oliver is using it, as well as the Miss Saigon tour - both of which are non-union.  I won't go into the "merits" of union vs. non-union, but I will say it's "amazing" what those producers are getting away with in regards to pay, travel days and days off - or lack thereof.

As for balut - Growing up in Filipino family, I've seen more than my share of balut.  YUCK!  I don't think I've ever had one myself, the whole thing just grosses me out - the look, the "concept", even the smell.  And I still remember seeing a fresh(!) balut when I went to Philippines... Ewww.  -Another similar egg-thingy would have to be those Chinese 100-Year Eggs (which are more like 30 day eggs), but I'd probably try one of those before I try a balut.

And then there is the Filipino version of blood pudding called dinaguan.  Never had it, never will!  I still have a sense memory of my mom boiling tripe all day... ugh!  *And this from the same mom who hated when I would cook onions and garlic since they "stunk up the house"!?!?!?!
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2004, 04:20:01 PM »

Another similar egg-thingy would have to be those Chinese 100-Year Eggs (which are more like 30 day eggs).

"And make sure they're fresh!"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 04:20:23 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2004, 04:20:36 PM »

One thing I refuse to eat is tongue.  My grandmother used to make it all the time for holidays.  But I wouldn't eat it.

My mother would serve it whole, watch us all scream we couldn't eat it, then take the tongue into the kitchen and slice it.  She would then return to the dining table and watch, making fun of us the entire time, as we gobbled it up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2004, 04:27:42 PM »

elmoore: I've passed your problem on to Richard Valley and will let you know his response.

Tongue: I like it, but don't like to eat it, if you get my drift.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2004, 04:34:02 PM »

-Oh, just in case there are some spies... The current Miss Saigon tour is using a "virtual orchestra" to fill out it's ranks, but as to whether or not it's Sinfonia or one of the other systems out there, I'm not sure.

The tour of Annie a few years ago also used it.

It will be interesting to see how this particular case will work itself out for The Joys of Sex.  From what I've read, the composer is basically using it as a synth, and mainly for various sound effects and synth-y sounds. So...  We'll see what happens.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2004, 04:36:59 PM »

Well, isn't this special!

I tried logging on to Chat, got my newly downloaded Java Coffee cup icon, and shortly thereafter, the long hoped-for sign on screen.

I am Java Enabled.

Today I am a Man!

Tonight - King of the World!

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2004, 04:37:05 PM »

Tongue: I like it, but don't like to eat it, if you get my drift.

I like it too, pickled and served between slices of rye bread. If you get mine.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2004, 04:43:10 PM »

I like it too, pickled and served between slices of rye bread. If you get mine.

Mustard? Horseradish? Both?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2004, 04:44:30 PM »

I just caught up on all the posts - a veritable frenzy in the short time I haven't checked in. Have nothing to say, but don't want to disappoint Watching Eyes. Am now going to take wonderdog for a walk. Have a TERRIBLE stomach ache. Probably from reading about all the disgusting foods (and I haven't even checked out balut -- I can only imagine!)...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 05:13:18 PM by Panni »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2004, 04:47:41 PM »

Probably from reading about all the disgusting foods (and I haven't even checked out balut -- I can only imagine!)...

DR Panni, believe me, you don't want to know!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2004, 05:25:15 PM »

A little pre-chat levity:

MOTHER SUPERIOR

Mother Superior was on her way to late morning prayers when she passed two novices just leaving early for morning prayers on their way to classes. The novices replied, "Good morning, Mother Superior, may God be with you." But after they had passed, Mother Superior heard one say to the other, "I think she got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning." This startled Mother Superior, but she chose not to pursue the issue.

A little further down the hall, Mother Superior passed two of the Sisters who had been teaching at the convent for several years. She greeted them with, "Good morning Sister Martha, Sister Jessica, may God give you wisdom for our students today." "Good morning, Mother Superior. Thank you, and may God be with you." But again, after passing, Mother Superior overheard, "She got out of the wrong side of bed today." Baffled, she started to wonder if she had spoken harshly, or with an irritated look on her face. She vowed to be more pleasant.

Looking down the hall, Mother Superior saw retired Sister Mary approaching, step by step, with her walker. As Sister Mary was rather deaf, Mother Superior had plenty of time to arrange a pleasant smile on her face, before greeting Sister Mary. "Good morning, Sister Mary. I'm so happy to see you up and about. I pray God watches over you today, and grants you a wonderful day." "Ah, Good morning, Mother Superior, and thank you. I see you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

Mother Superior was floored! "Sister Mary, what have I done wrong?
I have tried to be pleasant but three times already today people have said that about me." Sister Mary stopped her walker, and looked Mother Superior in the face. "Oh, don't take it personal, Mother Superior. It's just that you're wearing Father Murphy's slippers

Jane

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2004, 05:26:09 PM »

Bruce, LOL

Jane

« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2004, 05:31:12 PM »

JoseSPiano glad your fever is better.  Continued good vibes to your throat.

Panni, hope the walk helped your stomach ache.  

I wasn’t paying attention and had three hundred pages to read.  Now I have two hundred left.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2004, 05:31:23 PM »

Chat in a mere twenty-nine minutes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2004, 05:44:11 PM »

I love French Fries and French Toast.

This is about as exotic as I get, also.  ::)

Well, my sister's boyfriend (my only computer tech support) told me that my computer hard drive for my computer at home (which I have not been able to even turn on for two weeks now) might have totally bitten the dust.  :'(  He's going to take it to his work and try something and ask a friend of his who knows more about hard drives that don't work, but it's not looking good.  I have over 3 gigabytes of MP3 files!!  (that's more than 1000 songs!)  I may have lost ALL of my e-mail...AGAIN!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2004, 05:44:46 PM »

Chat in a mere twenty-nine minutes.

I plan to be there...for a while, at least.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2004, 05:58:41 PM »

I think that I will go to the chat.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2004, 05:59:20 PM »

Chat is open in one minute.  Be there or be round.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2004, 05:59:31 PM »

OMG I just heard the funniest line in John Wayne's The Alamo from 1960.  Linda Crystal actually says:  "A thought came to me."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2004, 06:01:07 PM »

Chat is open, get your butt cheeks in there.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2004, 06:01:45 PM »

Of course ROBERTA would count. That's exactly what you're looking for, Michael Shayne.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Emily

« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2004, 07:09:16 PM »

I entered chat and then some family members appeared almost instantly at the door.

I am afraid my quick exit was very rude.

Oh well... I'm off to bed - I woke up veeery early this morning and am feeling it.

Goodnight all! :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2004, 07:47:28 PM »

I always feel like our GUESTS take from us but never care to give in return.  I also happen to know that one or two of our GUESTS are here to spy on us - them I definitely like to frighten off.

Those damn ASCAP people!  They are just waiting for us to sing "Happy Birthday" in here so they can pounce on HHW and demand royalties.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2004, 07:52:10 PM »

I should just lurk - then I won't be threatened with C-Listing!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2004, 07:56:13 PM »

And a rehearsal shot, check out the pants.

That's not a Nik-Nik shirt you're wearing, is it?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2004, 07:57:31 PM »

And, BK, after you road off into the sunset chasing the man from Adelphia, DearReaderLaura joined Dan and I for a rousing discussion of various and sundried food habits. (I even gave Dan a link to a Kosher Butcher in Toronto where he could buy Rib Steaks!). I am still perplexed about why Lamb Loin Chops aren't Kosher?

This site needs a resident Rabbi to handle these questions!

der almost-C-Listed Brucer

Jane

« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2004, 07:57:53 PM »

I have over 3 gigabytes of MP3 files!!  (that's more than 1000 songs!)  I may have lost ALL of my e-mail...AGAIN!

I know how you feel.  :( Maybe the expert can retrieve your files.
GOOD VIBES!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up