Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TUESDAY THE 13th  (Read 49398 times)

Robin

Re:TUESDAY THE 13th
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2004, 05:50:52 PM »

Someone was looking for FROM HELL IT CAME in chat last night.  Check EBAY there are a couple of DVD versions available!

That would be me.  Thanks for the tip!
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2004, 06:20:58 PM »

OOOOHHHH!!!

Page Five, and all is well!
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2004, 06:50:30 PM »

A grand experiment is taking place in our oven as I write!  Can a decent, interesting, and palatable mac-n-cheese be made from scratch?

It's all der Brucer's fault.  He spotted a few recipes in the newspaper and insisted that I make some.  We'll also be having steaks and salad.  (Amazing how well steak and mac-n-cheese go together.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2004, 06:53:54 PM »

It's the perfect combination SWW.

Robin, I may get one as well!  Tobonga!

DRJANE - I must get my exercise program going.  Of course starting tomorrow I will be choreographing STATE FAIR so that will help....a LOT!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2004, 06:57:39 PM »

A grand experiment is taking place in our oven as I write!  Can a decent, interesting, and palatable mac-n-cheese be made from scratch?

If you don't like it let me know and I'll send you my recipe.  DerBrucer could do some research and find the recipe from FOG CITY DINER in San Francisco.  If successful I would like it too please.  Anyone here have their recipe book?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2004, 07:00:31 PM »

I shall be off shortly to sup with Mr. Brent Barrett.  I will tell him hello for all of you.  I'll be back and will have a full report.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2004, 07:06:33 PM »

Tell Brent hello for me!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2004, 07:06:44 PM »

Mysteries? Rebecca (book and movie); Wait Until Dark (play, not movie); and current TV favorites: Monk and Without a Trace.

Today's notes: When I saw the comment about High Wind in Jamaica I briefly confused it with Cold Wind in August. I saw that one when I was young and impressionable - and thought it was a gem.

Macaroni and Cheese? I'm quite happy with Fanny Farmer's basic recipe, made with extra cheese and using a good quality Cheddar. We had Gord's 20-something nephew staying with us last year. He told me macaroni and cheese was one of his favorites, but when I served it he didn't recognize it. He had only seen the Kraft and Chef Boyardee versions.

I didn't see G.W. Bush on television tonight, but I caught his punim on the on-line version of the NY Times. He looks like he's wearing too much lipstick.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2004, 07:06:50 PM »

JRand53 that should do it.  I would get up and dance right now if I only I could move comfortably.   Currently I’m working on graham crackers.  ::) Have fun tomorrow.

Bruce have a nice dinner.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2004, 07:10:49 PM »

Dan-in Toronto my children were baffled by the strange macaroni & cheese at friends houses-that tasteless stuff that came out of boxes.    :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2004, 07:41:13 PM »

From what I can tell, there's endless variations on mac 'n cheese from scratch.  Different cheeses get used, sometimes a savory custard is the base.  The version in the recipe der Brucer handed me included an egg and evaporated milk custard, flavored with mustard, Worcestershire and dill.  

Two problems: a) der Brucer didn't like that much mustard.  That's easily altered, of course.

b) we ended up with enough to mac 'n cheese to serve a family of eight!  We're going to be lunching for quite some time.

But I love the crusty sides and top, and the lack of Cheetos-orange in the overall color.  For a first time, this dish was going in the right direction.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 07:42:57 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2004, 07:50:46 PM »

Dan-in Toronto my children were baffled by the strange macaroni & cheese at friends houses-that tasteless stuff that came out of boxes.    :D

This mac-and-cheese thing is pretty funny 'cause, well, guess what I made for myself tonight?  Right out of the blue and white box.  And even worse, I didn't follow the directions--I didn't add butter and milk, just poured the orangey powder over the cooked macaroni and stirred.  It was so baaaad--yet oddly comforting.  I ate it all up, too.  Sometimes, you just have to let food happen to you.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2004, 08:00:35 PM »

Uh, Dan, let me be the first to say.....

[size=20]LIKE, EWWWW!!!!![/size]

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2004, 08:05:56 PM »

LOL ;D

Jane

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2004, 08:07:06 PM »

Dan(the Man)  I think you did it-you killed my appetite.  Thanks

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2004, 08:11:39 PM »

Dan(the Man)  I think you did it-you killed my appetite.  Thanks

LOL!  And now let me invite you and DR SWW over for dinner.  I'll be making my famous defrosted Ellio's pizza!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2004, 08:12:15 PM »

Home-made mac and cheese is delish. Most kids for some reason prefer the stuff from the box. One of the mysteries of life.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2004, 08:14:09 PM »

Dan the Man - Let me second that EWWWWW! And may I add GROSSSSSSS!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2004, 08:15:35 PM »

Mac n Cheez is a pretty easy and safe thing to improvise.  Sounds like you now know that firsthand!

I am SO PISSED at the "President" right now.  As if I didn't loathe him enough before; tonight, because of him, I now have to wait another FIVE DAYS (or more, since I'll be out of town) to see this week's episode of 24!!!  GRRRRRRRR!!!!  If anyone else is as addicted as DH Noel and I are, you understand the anguish involved with that kind of suspense.  

I need to go and take a hot bath now.  Not only am I all spazzed out about 24, but ballet class kicked my ass tonight and I must warm my muscles before bed or I will be so sorry tonight.

I want to sympathize with Jane's tight jeans problem.  I've been feeling flabby and raggedy lately due to my recent drop in committment to my dance classes, which, in turn, makes it much easier for me to eat crappy.  When I'm dancing regularly I concentrate much more on what I eat because I'm thinking carefully about what kind of fuel I need.  When I start to think about food as fuel and nutrients, rather than just the pure yumminess of it all, it's easier and more natural to eat healthily.  

Besides, I'm becoming a much better dancer, which gives me a much better chance at a callback!  Yay, callbacks!
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2004, 08:21:54 PM »

I have KISMET on laserdisc, but that should be a movie that would improve in looks considerably once it's mastered for DVD and enhanced for widescreen TVs.

I find the movie sluggish to watch, however, and I enjoyed it on stage immensely. According to Hugh Fordin's book, Minnelli lost almost complete interest in KISMET once he got the green light for LUST FOR LIFE.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2004, 08:24:26 PM »

Dan (the Man) ;D

Panni, sadly kids prefer the box stuff because it’s what they are use to.  My babies wouldn’t eat jarred baby food twice in a row, not with Mom's homemade food to eat.

Joy-you understood.  :D BIG VIBES TO CALLBACKS!!

Jane

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2004, 08:24:45 PM »

Goodnight.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2004, 08:27:14 PM »

The '24' situation is especially infuriating because moving it to Sunday this week will now make it come on opposite THE SOPRANOS, ALIAS, and LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT. Just how many video recording devices does a person need to watch TV any more?

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2004, 08:29:59 PM »

Matt H:  Only one if you don't have HBO.  :(

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2004, 08:31:02 PM »

Any Mac users on this board?

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2004, 08:36:03 PM »

I had to share this current New Yorker cover that made me cackle like a chicken.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 08:37:54 PM by Joy »

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2004, 08:43:11 PM »

Well, I can do with one as well in this case. THE SOPRANOS repeats all during the week (and I can also record the West Coast feed at midnight, which I'll do). NBC's Sunday L&O:CI runs on USA at 11 p.m. on the following Saturday night. I'll watch or record then. So, I'll watch ALIAS live and record '24.'

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2004, 08:49:55 PM »

Graham Crackers.

Hi DRJOY!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2004, 08:53:43 PM »

It happened one night.  It came from beneath the sea.  From hell it came. It conquered the world.  It! The terror from outer space.  It happened to Jane.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2004, 08:59:03 PM »

HI JRand!!!!

Are you smoking crack right now?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up