Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: LOOK I MADE A BOOK WHERE THERE NEVER WAS A BOOK  (Read 53172 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: LOOK I MADE A BOOK WHERE THERE NEVER WAS A BOOK
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »

Michael, she had a wonderful rapport with many of the actors. I especially loved her work with Kristian and Melissa.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »

And Alice also got into some interesting capers....

She was in a number of movies also and she did theatre
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »

Fans call her "Gram" 

Laura

« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »

Good afternoon. That is all.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »

I need some help with a lyric from "Evaline McCook."  There are several words I cannot decipher in Herbert's handwriting of MacDonough's lyric. The point of the song is that Evaline McCook may be a country girl but she's savvy enough not to be conned by city slickers; she "knows her book."
    Oh! She was a country girl
    Her _____  ____  __  full of hay,
    But when she had to cross the street, she alwaus knew the way!
    But well did she know her book
    If in search of a jay, you had best stay away from sweet Evaline McCook!

The missing words look, to me, like "Her smith was en full of hay" I usually have no problem deciphering Herbert's handwriting but this one's stumped me!

Larry, would it be possible for you to scan or photograph his handwritten lyrics? 

No. I'm too untutored.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »

The 10 week visit to the surgeon went well.   I don't have to sleep wearing the sling anymore :)  I return in 6 weeks for a re-check.  I hope by then I can move my arm as he wanted me to today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »

Two Grecian Urns

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »

"Oh, I couldn't say.  I could not say.  Oh, no, I could not say, at this time.  My husband will wish to investigate, I'm sure.  And naturally I'm reticent.  Oh, yes, I'm reticent."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »

There used to be an audio file of a "bitch slap". It was posted here many years ago. I cannot find it now so I can't post it.

Ah, well.

The next best thing...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »

I need some help with a lyric from "Evaline McCook."  There are several words I cannot decipher in Herbert's handwriting of MacDonough's lyric. The point of the song is that Evaline McCook may be a country girl but she's savvy enough not to be conned by city slickers; she "knows her book."

The missing words look, to me, like "Her smith was en full of hay" I usually have no problem deciphering Herbert's handwriting but this one's stumped me!

Larry, would it be possible for you to scan or photograph his handwritten lyrics? 

No. I'm too untutored.

Larry, could "smith" be "smile" perchance?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »

"I'm agog, simply agog."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2010, 04:09:07 PM »

"My dear little librarain - Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

Laura

"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »

DR Jennifer - As for "fudge sauce" - I'm guessing it's just going to be drizzled over the top of the dessert you are making, not incorporated or mixed in.  If so, you could even use chocolate syrup, although I guess they're specifying "Fudge Sauce" since they want something thicker that won't run.

Maybe "fudge sauce" is a common term in the US. But i've never heard of it.  It's actually not going to be drizzled over the top. It's supposed to be spread over the top of the whole dessert. I guess like an icing.

As DR Jane mentioned there are recipes online. Although i'm not sure which one to use. A bunch have evaporated milk, which i don't have. So i guess i'll just try one that has ingredients i already have. And hope for the best. I'm guessing that as long as the sauce tastes good, it will be fine.

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »

I also watched DAYS OF OUR LIVES for a short time many years ago. I used to love watching Frances Reid.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »

Good morning, all! First thing on today's agenda is a trip to the barber, followed by a trip to Toyland to pick up some music.  After that, I plan to work here while I wait to hear news from my drummer friend Chris, who received a call yesterday from his doctor about some test results. Whoever called told him to come in ASAP and he's seeing the doctor at 2 pm. I volunteered to go with him, but he said he would call me after he heard the news. Keep those vibes coming.

~~~Continued Vbies for Chris!!~~~

This crawl gives me the Hbie-Jbies!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »

Good morning, all! First thing on today's agenda is a trip to the barber, followed by a trip to Toyland to pick up some music.  After that, I plan to work here while I wait to hear news from my drummer friend Chris, who received a call yesterday from his doctor about some test results. Whoever called told him to come in ASAP and he's seeing the doctor at 2 pm. I volunteered to go with him, but he said he would call me after he heard the news. Keep those vibes coming.

~~~Continued Vbies for Chris!!~~~

This crawl gives me the Hbie-Jbies!

Umm...my bad. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »

All better. :-*

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »

No. I'm too untutored.

I don't think it's "smile"; it looks like "switch," "swatch," " smith"? I am sure it's an h on the end. I swear the next word is "was" and the last looks like "en." He's implying that though she's from the country, she's very savvy. Google is failing me.

I need a good slang or colloquial disctionary from 1900: what is not full of hay or what is full of hay?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:03:45 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »

We sign the loan documents this morning.  Oy.

may you have many happy years in your new home!!!

**DITTO!**  And may you have many HHW parties in your new home!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Memphis!  -Rainy, gray Memphis.

*Oh, and I'm back in the same hotel room I was in last year. Hooray?

Did they change the sheets?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the Dena of Pasa.  I'll get a good parking space and then go to Canterbury Records to look around, and the little nearby bookshop.

George

« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2010, 05:32:03 PM »

I am now off to usher for Backstage Pass: The Songwriters Tour:

This collection of singer/songwriters: Maia Sharp, Tony Haselden, Georgia Middleman and Craig Carothers have written for the likes of The Dixie Chicks, Colin Ray, Terri Clark, Peter, Paul, and Mary; Lorrie Morgan, Faith Hill, Bonnie Raitt, George Strait, Martina McBride, Lisa Loeb, Cher, Shania Twain, Shenandoah, Trisha Yearwood and Kathy Matea. They occasionally unite for special performances as an ensemble group, and Back Stage Pass offers a unique opportunity for audiences to have a sneak peak into the songwriters creative process and a song’s journey to #1 on the charts. This group of musicians, who have given so many artists the pulse of their music, represent the very best of songwriters in America today.

It should be a great evening!

Until later!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »

And....

I'm back.

From the "meet and greet" reception.  -Basically a chance to grab some free food and drink.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Memphis!  -Rainy, gray Memphis.

*Oh, and I'm back in the same hotel room I was in last year. Hooray?

Did they change the sheets?

<sniff, sniff>

Yes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »

No. I'm too untutored.

I don't think it's "smile"; it looks like "switch," "swatch," " smith"? I am sure it's an h on the end. I swear the next word is "was" and the last looks like "en." He's implying that though she's from the country, she's very savvy. Google is failing me.

I need a good slang or colloquial disctionary from 1900: what is not full of hay or what is full of hay?

DR elmore - What is the ryhthm? note values?
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »

T.O.D.

JEELY KLY!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2010, 06:05:58 PM »

DR Jennifer - As for "fudge sauce" - I'm guessing it's just going to be drizzled over the top of the dessert you are making, not incorporated or mixed in.  If so, you could even use chocolate syrup, although I guess they're specifying "Fudge Sauce" since they want something thicker that won't run.

Maybe "fudge sauce" is a common term in the US. But i've never heard of it.  It's actually not going to be drizzled over the top. It's supposed to be spread over the top of the whole dessert. I guess like an icing.

As DR Jane mentioned there are recipes online. Although i'm not sure which one to use. A bunch have evaporated milk, which i don't have. So i guess i'll just try one that has ingredients i already have. And hope for the best. I'm guessing that as long as the sauce tastes good, it will be fine.

Thanks for your help!

DR Jennifer - "Drizzled" is just a "lighter" version of "spread".  It's obviously just there to provide the chocolate component to the peanut butter cup flavor combination (of peanut butter and chocolate).

If you wanted something similar, but a little different in texture, you could just melt some Hershey Kisses or a Chocolate Bar - or even nuke a piece of store bought fudge until it re-liquefies.  Pour it over the top, let it set, then Enjoy!

You could even just omit the "fudge sauce" initially, then just top each serving of the dessert with the chocolate sauce of your choosing.

Again, it's not incorporated into the dessert, so you don't have to worry about it affecting how things bake or set up if it was mixed in.

Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »

No. I'm too untutored.

Oh, then I would ask Jack!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »

>:( The letter from my insurance company telling me that they won't pay for my home health care from last week.  When I told our doctor Monday that I'd heard rumors that this would be coming, he said, "We could have put you in the hospital for the week - that would have been really expensive for the insurance company!"  He also said his office would do what they could to help me appeal.

On the bright(?) side, at least it's nice to know that you're insurance company works fast. :-\

On the real bright side, it's good to know that your doctor is on your side.

*That reminds of the time when my insurance company refused to pay for an ER visit.  Because I was not admitted, they did not think it was an actual "emergency".  If I had been admitted, I would have been fully covered, no questions asked.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up