Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BAFFLING DAY  (Read 24697 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE BAFFLING DAY
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 06:51:43 AM »

Will this take us to page two?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 06:51:55 AM »

It did!

Page Two Dance!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »

RE: CHUCK, I thought maybe DR MattH would like it more last night (since there was not really any BuyMore stuff except for a few brief bits with morgan and chuck's sis).

I guess they are sort of stuck. If they don't show the BuyMore then they would have to get rid of half the cast. I do really like Chuck's sis and her hubby. I liked the weeks when they showed them more. I liked last night's show!

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 06:52:58 AM »

Today's work project is REVANCHE, another Criterion DVD IU've never seen before. It's two hours, so a great portion of time this afternoon will be given over to it. There is a separate disc of bonus material which will probably be 1-2 hours of stuff as well.

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 06:53:12 AM »

And I think this week's HUMAN TARGET might have been its best episode. I think when there is a good female co-star it helps!

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 06:54:05 AM »

DR George,

I still like the capers on CHUCK, too, which is why I'm still watching (though there was too much lovey-dovey stuff to suit me last night). Still, as long as the capers take up more than half the episode, I'll continue to watch and just speed through the parts that irritate/bore me.

I also like the capers. But i like the lovey dovey stuff too. I'm mixed on the BuyMore stuff. Sometimes parts of it can be fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 06:55:36 AM »

Getting rid of half a cast of dunderheads and silly folks wouldn't harm the show at all, and would save the producers money. I also like Captain Awesome who, when he was with Chuck on some missions, were highlights of the season. I like the sister when she's not snooping around Chuck's business. She's a doctor for goodness sake! She has a career and a husband. That should keep her plenty busy. Of course, to have her in the cast, they have to give her something to do, so I understand why they're doing this. I'm just not interested.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 06:56:46 AM »

I'm curious what Ellen will do tonight on AMERICAN IDOL, since Hollywood week is starting and this will be her first show.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 06:57:48 AM »

re: CHUCK

Yah i also am not crazy about chuck's sis with morgan. Although that said i thought the commercials with them and captain awesome were hysterical.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 06:58:19 AM »

DR George,

I still like the capers on CHUCK, too, which is why I'm still watching (though there was too much lovey-dovey stuff to suit me last night). Still, as long as the capers take up more than half the episode, I'll continue to watch and just speed through the parts that irritate/bore me.

I also like the capers. But i like the lovey dovey stuff too. I'm mixed on the BuyMore stuff. Sometimes parts of it can be fun.

Bah! It's all place-holding stuff because we know CHuck and Sarah are meant to be together. It's just too obvious they have to put obstacles in their path to keep them apart until they can finally clear all other contenders away and be together.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 06:58:39 AM »

DR MattH have you heard anything about tonight's new FOX show PAST LIVES?

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 06:58:57 AM »

I'm curious what Ellen will do tonight on AMERICAN IDOL, since Hollywood week is starting and this will be her first show.

It will be the first show I'll be seeing this season. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of the talented singers and to see how Ellen interacts with them.

Ben

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 07:00:33 AM »

Guess who:

I'm looking forward to this. I know someone who has made a (very small) investment in the show and I also know someone, peripherally, on the tech side of the show. I think Miss Harper looks great as Tallulah.

Miss Harper was also in the chorus of Wildcat with Miss Ball.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2010, 07:01:50 AM »

No, I really haven't been reading up on it since I knew I wouldn't be watching. It's a sneak-peak at the show tonight, isn't it? (Like Fox did with GLEE last spring). This isn't its normal time period, is it? Glee returns in April to this slot on Tuesday.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 07:02:37 AM »

Guess who:

I'm looking forward to this. I know someone who has made a (very small) investment in the show and I also know someone, peripherally, on the tech side of the show. I think Miss Harper looks great as Tallulah.

Miss Harper was also in the chorus of Wildcat with Miss Ball.

Which she reminded Lucy of when Lucy presented her with one of her Emmys years ago.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 07:06:13 AM »

No, I really haven't been reading up on it since I knew I wouldn't be watching. It's a sneak-peak at the show tonight, isn't it? (Like Fox did with GLEE last spring). This isn't its normal time period, is it? Glee returns in April to this slot on Tuesday.

I think that there is a sneak peak tonight with a new episode on thursday. I"m not sure but maybe thursday at 9pm is the regular time slot.

I haven't heard anything about this show and was wondering if it would interest me.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 07:12:12 AM »

It will be the first show I'll be seeing this season. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of the talented singers and to see how Ellen interacts with them.

I really really hope that she doesn't suck. I"m guessing that she will be okay for hollywood week. I'm more scared for when the show starts and she really has to judge and speak her opinion.

I am anxious for tonight's show too since Hollywood week is usally my favorite part of the show.

Do you know if hollywood week is just today and tomorrow. Or does it go to next week too?

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 07:14:14 AM »

And a new episode of LOST at 9pm!  I"m wondering what they are showing at 8pm. It looks like the last hour of last week's premiere. I guess with pop-ups.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 07:21:58 AM »

And a new episode of LOST at 9pm!  I"m wondering what they are showing at 8pm. It looks like the last hour of last week's premiere. I guess with pop-ups.

Yep, that's exactly what it is with this week's hour-long show following (a Kate-specific episode).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 07:23:21 AM »

Valerie Harper IS Tallulah.....so they say....she looks great in the photo....and she can't argue with the cast if it's a one-woman show, hopefully.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »

More and more and MORE snow.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »

TOD:

Goodfellas

Chicago Syndicate

White Heat

Public Enemy

Public Enemies

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 07:26:12 AM »

Do you know if hollywood week is just today and tomorrow. Or does it go to next week too?

I'm not sure, but I believe it goes on into next week. This week's TV GUIDE says nothing about Wednesday's show naming the 24 semi-finalists. I don't have next week's TV GUIDE yet.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 07:27:30 AM »

Now, I'm going to tidy up a few things on the computer and then head down to watch some stuff from last night on the DVR. I have both a new CASTLE and a new DAMAGES on there. CASTLE will be lunchtime fare, for sure.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2010, 07:27:54 AM »

More and more and MORE snow.

So-o-o-o, that means it'll probably keep snowing here for a while, huh?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2010, 07:38:45 AM »

TOD:

The Godfather, Parts 1 and 2

The Freshman (kind of)

Some Like It Hot
I like boat races.

td

• td
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2010, 07:48:46 AM »

Before I forget, yesterday DR Vixmom asked about the novel THE HELP.  All I can say is READ IT!  It's brilliant.  If you can't read it, get the audiobook, which is one of the best book to disc presentations I have ever encounter.
At Borders, I have been lax in recommending our "make title" (THE LOST CITY OF Z - which I read LAST year) and have been pushing THE HELP.  I have been successfully selling THE HELP in the store even though one can buy it at the online store for 45% off. . .

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »

MEANWHILE, yesterday morning, we once again awoke to no phone, no internet and no television. . .
Last evening we were without power.  We did have telephone service because we still have two land lines.

td

• td
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2010, 07:51:12 AM »

This morning I cleared all of our icy patches.  Not that it's going to make much difference as we're supposed to have another 8 to 10 inches of snow by this time tomorrow morning. . .

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »

Re THE HELP - I have not read it yet, but everyone I know who has read it has raved about it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up